***The Official Aberdeen v The Champions Thread***

Muff

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any early team news? Is Edu crocked?

Officially, none as of yet, but I think (may be wrong) that Edu is fit to play. I doubt he'll start ahead of McCulloch though.

Off-topic, are you Serbian or an expat in Belgrade?

KENNY MILLER will return to Rangers starting line-up for today's massive SPL clash against Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

The Scotland striker, who was rested in midweek, joins Nikica Jelavic in attack as the Light Blues look to maintain their 100 per cent record in the league.

In total Walter Smith makes six changes to his team that started against Dunfermline Athletic on Tuesday night.

In goal Allan McGregor returns in place of Neil Alexander with Steven Whittaker, David Weir, Madjid Bougherra and Sasa Papac providing a solid back four.

In midfield Lee McCulloch is back alongside Steven Davis in the engine room with Steven Naismith and Vladimir Weiss on the right and left flanks respectively.

Jelavic, of course, will be looking to build on his superb double against the Pars in the League Cup while in-form Miller will hope to add to the eight goals he has already bagged this season.

Hat-trick hero Kyle Lafferty has been named as one of six outfield subs along with Broadfoot, Edu, Webster, Hutton and Little.

RANGERS (4-4-2): McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Bougherra, Papac; Naismith, Davis, McCulloch, Weiss; Jelavic, Miller

Subs: Alexander, Edu, Lafferty, Webster, Broadfoot, Little, Hutton

Officially, none as of yet, but I think (may be wrong) that Edu is fit to play. I doubt he'll start ahead of McCulloch though.

Off-topic, are you Serbian or an expat in Belgrade?

Expat. I'll be at the Partizan v Arsenal CL game on Tuesday. Was offered a ticket in with Arsenal but said "no thanks".

ABERDEEN: Langfield, McArdle, Diamond, Considine, Vudjinovac, Ifil, Folley, Young, Maguire, Vernon, Mackie

Subs: Howard, Shaughnessy, Jack, Hansson, Brown, Magennis, Megginson

It looks either a 5-3-2 or a 5-2-3 from Aberdeen