Boxing and MMA

What a fight in the end up. I'm sure somecunt tried to put a tarrier top on Matthews there.

A scouse crash barrier :anguish:

Aye I seen that, someone else then took it off him. The mhanky mob desperate for any kind of attention as usual. I enjoyed the Crolla fight, thought he'd pipped it just but didn't think too much of the Bellew fight, pretty frustrating 12 rounds.

Bellew was hitting air all night and deserved fuck all. He really showed himself up after the fight with that classless rant. Chilemba's shots were weak but at least they were landing occasionally.

Bellew might as well pack it in. Hopkins, Dawson, Pascal, Cloud etc would humiliate him.

Another cracker between Rios and Alvarado last night I hear.

Two draws was rubbish, I easily thought they could have had winners it was a rubbish copout for more money to get another fight.

Easily Matthews and Bellew won in my eyes.

I would have went the other way in both bouts. Matthews and Bellew were the aggressors but that counts for nothing if you don't land punches. Matthews spent his night hitting Crollas arms, Bellew spent his missing badly.

I would have went the other way in both bouts. Matthews and Bellew were the aggressors but that counts for nothing if you don't land punches. Matthews spent his night hitting Crollas arms, Bellew spent his missing badly.

Thought Crolla's game plan was perfect and deserved the nod. Was a close fight though and can't really complain about the draw.

Felt Chilemba was a pretty clear winner over Bellew to be honest, Bellew landed fuck all for most of the night.

Another amazing scrap between Rios and Alvarado. Bob Arum says there won't be an immediate rematch and I agree with him for once. Keep them apart for a year then fight again.

Alvarado got his tactics spot on and deserved the win. His face was pretty marked up though so a rubber match definitely needs to happen at some point.

Another amazing scrap between Rios and Alvarado. Bob Arum says there won't be an immediate rematch and I agree with him for once. Keep them apart for a year then fight again.

Alvarado got his tactics spot on and deserved the win. His face was pretty marked up though so a rubber match definitely needs to happen at some point.

I think Alvarado wins the third fight pretty easily. He pretty much demonstrated the blueprint for beating Rios in the second half of that fight.

Rios needs to learn to use his jab, use a bit more movement and improve his stamina before thinking about getting in with Alvarado again.

UFC had the chance to market itself to the boxing crowds, but instead chose to go after the pro-wrestling crowd dillussioned with where that product was heading.

They wouldn't fancy going after the boxing crowd unless they convince a big name boxer to switch successfully to the octagon. Even then, it's unlikely they'll be as successful as Lesnar was.

Honest question here has boxing declined as a sport in last 10 years or are we missing the bockbuster heavywieght like tyson. My intrest falls every year but a great fight live is a buzz like no other.

I think it depends on the division. In some weight divisions it seems in more decline than others.

Boxing definitely isn't a mainstream sport anymore. Ask Joe Bloggs to name the top 5 boxers in the world at the moment and they would struggle after guessing Mayweather and Pacquiao. Stop 100 people in the street and show them a picture of Andre Ward or Nonito Donaire and you'd be lucky to get 1 person who knows them.

For boxing fans though I think it's very healthy at the moment. Especially down at 140 and 147. There should be plenty of decent fights in the next few years to look forward to.