Boxing and MMA

I doubt that.

Difficult to tell what MMA is, it seems to of became something like WWE for grownups, and to an extent UFC has been marketed that way, bringing Brock Lesner into it, was marketing genius. It's difficult to say whether is here to stay, or a short term product of good marketing.

I respect the fighters, but I find MMA dull to watch. I find boxing less thuggish and more of an art form.

I think MMA in general is a new sport though, especially mainstream, there are more and more gyms opening, local events being held etc for MMA now than there ever has been. I also think the "thuggish" opinion is a bit of a false stereotype to be honest and its one that can be tagged with some boxers as well, mainly the heavyweights, but you've got guys who have trained for years at gyms all over the world to get belts in Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Karate, guys who spend years with boxing coaches, wrestling coaches etc with boxing you have one discipline to master, but with MMA you cant afford to do that and I think the contrast in styles is what makes the sport for me!

UFC the brand is 20yrs old this year and is just going to get bigger and bigger IMO, I love boxing but if you ask the normal guy would he rather watch 12 rounds of boxing for it to go to a points decision or 3-5 rounds of UFC i think they would say UFC!

More fights, different styles, bigger knockouts good MMA fights have it all for me!

People are quick to criticize wrestling because of the WWF/WWE but its a serious sport and a difficult one to be good at and some people maybe don't appreciate the wrestling/grappling/transition side of UFC the same way people might not appreciate a good defensive boxer but the one thing the UFC gives you that boxing doesnt is the big fights!

How long have people wanted to see Pacman and Mayweather but it probably will never happen, in the UFC these fights are made to happen and its what the fans want to see.

I just dont see the attraction of a young kid taking up boxing now when they have sports like MMA instead, the UFC brand will eclipse boxing in a few years, if its not doing so already

Deontay Wilder vs. Audley Harrison confirmed for April 27th on the Khan-Diaz undercard.

Seriously get audley to fuck, ripped too many boxing fans off over the years and now hes still being allowed to do it! Its no surprise the heavyweight division is in such a mess with cunts like him!

Crazy but he was a champion with 2 belts @ 140. Not really surprised

I'm not totally clued up on how the rankings work but how can they rank Khan there when he is yet to fight at that weight?

Just been reading that this basically sets up a fight with Mayweather.

A dont really under stand the rankings especially him losing 2 out of his last3 fights and never fought at that weight and he's no 2 a head of the people who recently beat him and are world champions.

Apparently the winners of Matthysse-Peterson and Judah-Garcia fight each other then the winner fights Khan.

Why Goldenboy think these guys need to beat each other for the honour of getting a fight with Khan is beyond me. 2 of them have already beat him and Matthysse would knock him out cold as well.

Goldenboy love Khan for some reason.

Apparently the winners of Matthysse-Peterson and Judah-Garcia fight each other then the winner fights Khan.

Why Goldenboy think these guys need to beat each other for the honour of getting a fight with Khan is beyond me. 2 of them have already beat him and Matthysse would knock him out cold as well.

Almost like he's their 'Goldenboy' :pipe:.

A dont really under stand the rankings especially him losing 2 out of his last3 fights and never fought at that weight and he's no 2 a head of the people who recently beat him and are world champions.

just makes a sham of the sport tbh.

The thing with Khan he's like marmite (pardon the pun). Can't remember the last really shit boring fight he was in. All usually entertaining and your left sitting on edge of your seat thinking " is he gonna get knocked out" not a huge fan but love watching him

The thing with Khan he's like marmite (pardon the pun). Can't remember the last really shit boring fight he was in. All usually entertaining and your left sitting on edge of your seat thinking " is he gonna get knocked out" not a huge fan but love watching him

Didn't know this thread existed and then I come in and see a post from skelfmeister I agree with. 2 massive shocks in 30 seconds.

I liked Kahn and then the last two fights of his i watched he was beaten, it was cringey from him to be honest and all the pundits were saying he would never be a proper great after those losses?

So have i missed him getting good again, why is he being talked about fighting Mayweather, would Mayweather not kill him? :lol:

I liked Kahn and then the last two fights of his i watched he was beaten, it was cringey from him to be honest and all the pundits were saying he would never be a proper great after those losses?

So have i missed him getting good again, why is he being talked about fighting Mayweather, would Mayweather not kill him? :lol:

Only one person talking about khan fighting mayweather and that's khan :lol:

Only one person talking about khan fighting mayweather and that's khan :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough, do you think he has got as far as he can go?

Hatton got me interested in boxing but he's past it now so i need someone new to cheer on!

Haye and Khan both failed me :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough, do you think he has got as far as he can go?

Hatton got me interested in boxing but he's past it now so i need someone new to cheer on!

Haye and Khan both failed me :lol:

I think he will be world champion again but just not at an elite level he'll never get the super fights that Ricky got IMO like mayeeather, pacquiao, and tszyu fights. Ricky was a special fighter who we probably will never see the likes again.

Willing to give haye another chance

Khan just never really developed from being a good amateur. He has no plan B if his ingenious "I'mma box in straight lines" doesn't work, and still has a suspect chin.

His attitude stinks as well. If he had spent less time after each loss complaining and appealing and more time watching the fight back and learning from his mistakes he'd be twice the fighter he is now.