Boxing and MMA

3 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

I honestly had no idea that these guys were earning more away from the UFC and just assumed the UFC had all the best fighters thanks for great info and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Bellator events. Is it normally on TV?

Pretty sure UFC does have the best but Bellator need to pay a lot to stop their main stars from moving 

5 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

I honestly had no idea that these guys were earning more away from the UFC and just assumed the UFC had all the best fighters thanks for great info and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Bellator events. Is it normally on TV?

It's only really the biggest names in the smaller organisations who are earning more than the majority of mid tier ufc fighters sadly, the lesser-knowns earn absolute chump change sadly!

TheKingObv is correct though, the UFC do have the best of the best fighters out there, but there's always 1 or 2 from other places they should aquire

Just look at Eddie Alvarez - from Bellator to UFC champ and looked amazing in his title fight

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently Lesnar failed a second test taken on the day of UFC200.

No one gets to be, and stays that size without being on something.

Fuck it, they should just leave the cunts to juice :lol:    The only good thing to come out of it all, is that nothing is predictable anymore,  much harder to pick a winner.

A while back the UFC announced the winner of the next season of TUF would get an instant shot at Mighty Mouse

First I thought what the actual fuck, be like a lamb to slaughter - are they hoping for a Serra vs GSP type upset deal here or what?

However now they've released the cast of TUF 24 I am far more intrigued and definitely get it now...

Every single person on the show is a champ from another organisation:

CnxAW2jVIAAWMPW.jpg

Far easier to hype the guy up as another organisations champ!

Be interesting to see how well the Legacy FC guys do cause they usually have pretty exciting cards / events

And Pantoja has looked great in some of his fights too!

Tim Elliot has already fought in the UFC (dunno if anyone remembers him using his feet to tap to Joe Benavidez?)

In reality, I feel none of them stand a chance either way, DJ is just ridiculously skilled :lol:

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Can't see them doing any PPV, just not got the coverage in the UK yet. Any outwith maybe Mcgregor would fail big time.

That's what I think, the sports normally attracts a certain crowd like the ones who comment in this thread but with guys like McGregor and Lesnar it attracts a different clientèle. You seen the wee fannies crying on Facebook when the main event at UFC 200 was announced as Jones V Cormier rather than McGregor v Diaz, ignorant to the fact that the former have forgotten more about MMA than Connor will ever learn.

I find Mark Hunts reaction to Lesnar testing positive fucking hilarious, before he fights Lesnar he's giving it "He can be juiced to the gills for all I care I'm still knocking him out" now he's all "OMG CHEATER GIMME YOUR PRIZE MONEY!!!!!!"

That's Chad Mendes suspended for 2 years now because he used a peptide growth hormone!

2 years started retro-actively as of June 10th!

Even though he supposedly used a cream form of the peptide and it doesn't have any good effects...

Fucking crazy!

Jojo vs Andrade at UFC 203 as well - one tough as fuck fight for Jojo to say the least!