***The Official bheggars vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

:alexander:

:Foster: :bougherra: :bartley: :whittaker:

:weiss: :davis: :hutton: :wylde:

:Naismith: :jelavic:

I like this team, but seriously, there is probably more of a chance of Walter and Ally upfront that this being our starting 11. The management just won't do it!- Which is sad :(

I can't actually take another 5-4-1, I'm not sure I'll even put the telly on if Smith tries that.

Exactly what I was getting at earlier in the thread, cant take another 90 minutes of screaming at the telly and tearing my hair out in frustration like tonight, the past few celtic games, St Mirren, Killie, the list goes on. Sat through every one of those games and I dont think I can take any more, its soul destroying.

No El-Hadji Diouf either. Too slow, doesn't do enough on the pitch and will only work in favour of the tims who will target him at every opportunity!

We are a better attacking side than we are defensive one. Teams who attack the scum, cause them problems. Sit back, try to keep it tight, give them too much time and possession, and they will rip us apart.

I'm glad you've said that.

I know you were a fan of him, but IMO he is useless.

Has no pace at all, too hesitant on the ball, can't beat a man and brings far too much attention to himself. He's finished.

Would like to see

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:hutton: :davis:

:weiss: :Naismith: :wylde:

:jelavic:

Play with 2 proper wingers against them to keep their fullbacks from getting too far up the pitch and Naisy as the main support player in the middle, a role he played well in tonight when he came on.

Anyone know if Ness is going to be fit? If he is going to be fit, same team as OP with Ness in Hutton's place. That is what I'd play. Unfortunately we don't have a manager with the bottle to say ... Right your not good enough so you don't get the privilege to wear a Rangers jersey in an Old Firm game.

I know its Smith and we all expect a 4-5-1 or a 5-4-1 but I just can't see him playing it again ... Surely he can't? On that 1st half showing, on previous games against Celtc.. It has done nothing but show up our team, and instill zero confidence in our players.

I'm going over to this game and if we play like we did in the first half and like we have been doing for the majority of the season then I'm gonna start swinging. Paying close to £100 to watch another awful performance will not be acceptable.

And we can forget trying to go out on the attack, we will do our usual stunt. Sit back, 5 at the back, show them too much respect, let them dominate midfield and create next to nothing. If your gonna die then die with your boots on!

Matter what anyone says, Celtic are a decent 'footballing' side. So we need to defend properly for 90 minutes. Mark the space, follow runners and get tight when required. And take your chances. Then we will win.

Defensively we are shit, far better when attacking.

I'm not suggesting gun-ho football but none of this dreadful 5-4-1 pish. Any team that has a go at celtc, get's in their face, troubles them!

What we want to see as a starting line up as teams above , Smith wont change system unless Weir, Boughy, Bartley, is injured. Foster is a liability, Papac is pish , Whitty is not a midfielder he is better at LB, the team has no balance atm and with Smiths negativaty game after game it says it all.

team should be

mcgregor

whittaker bougherra bartley papac

weiss davis edu wylde

naismith

jelavic

dont need Weir to old and have 2 better centre halfs

get alexander back on the bench, why pick your 2nd best goalkeeper in any game, disgrace

and diouf slows everything down

everyone wants Muffs team as usual, but i think Diouf needs to be in the team. We have very little for creating, and subbing diouf would make that even worse. I agree with Weir being dropped, but its not gonna happen until theres a change at the top in the summer.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:weiss::Naismith::hutton::wylde:

:diouf:

Its not Diouf's fault that he is in a team who are limited to mind numbing defensive tactics and boring football which would stifle most good attacking players.

Also, big Davie has one last hurrah in him.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac: :wylde:

:diouf: :davis: :edu: :Naismith:

That's what I think we'll see.

With Bartley out (potentially) and Foster cup-tied, any possibility of a 4-4-2 will be thrown aside, meaning cover for Weir is needed, meaning a back 5. Theoretically that side could work too, but I doubt the mentality of Walter. I don't think he will enter this game with any confidence and that will rub off on the players. What should be two attacking wing backs will instead be two full backs and both wingers will be pushed back, creating a back 7. Davis and Edu will be overrun and Jelavic will be isolated all game. The best I feel we can hope for, and it pains me to say it, is Celtic turning up over-confident and making mistakes. Really not looking forward to this at all.

Makes me want to cry that Bartley got injured. Huge huge blow if he's out.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:Naismith: :davis: :hutton: :wylde:

:weiss:

Naismith did a superb job at tracking back Izaguirre in the 3-1 game. I also like Weiss in that position, means he can chose who he runs at in their defence.

Any variation of;

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:weiss: :davis: :hutton: :wylde:

:Naismith:

Put Weir in there just for the fact Kyle Bartley looks like he's out of the game. There is absolutely no chance Weiss and Wylde will play, we'll probably see Diouf there instead. Also Maurice Edu should never play for Rangers again, but will due to Walter's stubborness.

Although alot of people are looking for change and a turnaround, all I can see realistically is the same old rubbish and the same old outcome. If that's the case then we can forget the title, forget Champions League football and it's riches and we can almost forget next season too. That's how imperative this season is, it's got such a bearing on next season's campaign.

everyone wants Muffs team as usual, but i think Diouf needs to be in the team. We have very little for creating, and subbing diouf would make that even worse. I agree with Weir being dropped, but its not gonna happen until theres a change at the top in the summer.

Weiss and Wylde are our two most creative players, we do not need diouf and his performance last night does not deserve a start.

Muffs team is bang on.

If edu starts..... :anguish: