Jelavic

Bluetiful

You can count his good performances away from Ibrox on one hand, though it's highly exaggerated by the amount of games he's missed

Disappointed me last night and will certainly need to improve at Pittodrie and Tannadice

He has played 7 games away from home (not counting the semi-fianl and final at Hampden) and he has scored in 3 of them.

Hamilton - Scored after 5 minutes, had a good first half and then we were shite in the second half.

Aberdeen - Scored the winner, cracked one off the post.

Hearts - Unlucky with an excellent overhead kick and was playing well until that cunt Black wrecked hm.

Hearts - Got 15 minutes and nearly got us an equaliser with a wonderful attempt that hit the bar.

Hibs - His first start since the injury and he scored.

celtc - Let's face it who played well that day?

St Johnstone - Barely had a kick but still nearly scored a wonder goal.

And if you are counting Motherwell and celtc in the CIS Cup as games away from home then he has set up the winner in the semi-final and scored the winner in the cup final.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly his worst game for us, if that's as bad as it gets then 4m is bargain of the century.

He was starved of service in a poor all round performance, don't tell me we're going to get a thread like this every game he fails to score? <cr>

Correct! Lafferty is not it. It's a shame we haven't seen the best of Jelavic,and no matter what people thought of him, Kenny Miller and Jelavic would have tore the SPL to shreds.

So far, the man that seems most likely to set up a partnership with Jelavic is Naismith.

Bit off topic, but where the hell has Healy disappeared to?

nobody seems to have answered you OZ , last i checked he had a wee injury (tu)

You can count his good performances away from Ibrox on one hand, though it's highly exaggerated by the amount of games he's missed

Disappointed me last night and will certainly need to improve at Pittodrie and Tannadice

Fair Comment (tu)

Before anyone gets on his back we should have a look at the way we play as a team away from home and the kind of service he gets.Last night it was mostly high balls thumped up the park towards him and hardly if anything to his feet.The boy is absolute class and we should be building around him instead of asking him to fit in with our negative tactics expecting him to score each and every time.As things stand at the moment I think he would benefit most from having Naismith as his strike partner.

If this is Jelavics poor games, then I certainly wont be too bothered if he has a few like that for Rangers, an assist and almost a wondergoal, he just about broke the crossbar!

If he scored this thread wouldn't have been made, Jelavic can only do so much but some people think he should win games himself. When the likes of Davis aren't up to scratch then it's hard for Jelavic to get on the ball.

Wasn't his best of games, but strikers need service and support.

Jelavic is the type of player that can be poor and rarely involved for the majority of the game, then bang, he comes up with a piece of brilliance.

Jelavic was poor last night, bar the bit of magic, but that's what seperates Jelavic from Kris Boyd. When Boyd was poor, he was a waste of a shirt, but when Jelavic has a poor day at the office, he still contributes to both goals and almost scored a wondergoal.

What a load of shite lol Boyd was poor most games and still contributed massively! He used to have a nightmare and still pop up with a goal or two! So jelavic smashed the bar and that's a good contribution? Lol

The whole team had a shit game, that game was about getting the 3 points and nothing else.

You can hardly play football on that pitch, and lets face it St Johnstone are going to be more used to the surface.

Some people are very fickle.

All of a sudden he has a poor game in a match were he saw very little of the ball and he becomes shite :rolleyes:

Has anyone actually said he's shite? he's been shite in the past 2 games - that doesn't make him a bad player.

He needs to sharpen up a bit tho.

He's been shite past couple of games (Dundee United & St Johnstone)

Seems incapable to controlling simple balls. Very sloppy.

I hope this isn't him going down hill as he's a class act.

Aye, so "shite" he scored against United.

Has anyone actually said he's shite? he's been shite in the past 2 games - that doesn't make him a bad player.

He needs to sharpen up a bit tho.

Exactly posters seem to want to be offended.

Surely if a player has a shite game it fair to say it, like you say no one stated he was a shite player.

Rangers strikers always have a hard time due to the ineffectiveness of our supply to them. We could make David Villa look shite

Also, there's a rumour going about that he failed a drug test apparently

Poor last night apart from the late strike at goal. It amazes me that neither him nor Lafferty are able to jump more than a couple of inches off the deck when a high ball is played up to them. Diving boots?

Poor last night apart from the late strike at goal. It amazes me that neither him nor Lafferty are able to jump more than a couple of inches off the deck when a high ball is played up to them. Diving boots?

They are needing to get Naismith to give them some tips.