The "For some reason I can't stop talking about Neil fucking Lennon" thread

You must be quite a violent person then.

To suggest that not retaliating after the attacker had been apprehended is robotic is ridiculous.

I think the word you are looking for is sensible.

After everything that has went on this Season, threats to him, stuff sent in the post, family under protection and on and on and on.....to suggest that he stand there looking on calmly is ridiculous.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if someone ran up and tried to punch you then your responsibilities and job title would be foremost in your mind.

It would absolutely depend on the circumstances and who I was representing.

I deal with dickheads on a regular basis in my line of work. Sometimes it’s ok for me to react accordingly, others not. And I don’t hold a very public position where I’m expected to behave as a role model.

But, here’s a certainty amongst all of this - if I had been attacked and the Police had secured my attacker I’d expect to be in very deep shite if I then put the boot in.

I got punched at a Taxi rank randomly once. I hit the cunt back and seconds letter I was dragged away by a police officer and arrested, the officer had seen the entire inncident. Now I wasn't charged and to my knowledge neither was the guy who attacked me, I didn't press charges, however why is it different for Lennon?

After everything that has went on this Season, threats to him, stuff sent in the post, family under protection and on and on and on.....to suggest that he stand there looking on calmly is ridiculous sensible.

I'll just use oor Ally as an example, he was attacked by TLB, what did he do?

HE STEPPED BACK

I really cannot think of a better example to highlight how you should and should not behave in such trying circumstance.

Well said!

folk still in denial about this, you all know it happened in the space of second, no time to think and the hearts fan actually deserved a proper hiding although never got one, in the street yup do it then but not at a match

Stick him in a fcuking cage on the sidelines like the animal he is and give the crowd tomatoes if i had my way.

What can you do? Its obvious he doesnt know how to hold his tongue or how to behave against opposition. The only thing celtic can do is put 4 minders round him all the time and a security firm at his house

RANT: Is it really just me who thinks neil lennon brings it all on himself? The guy has no respect for other managers, other teams and other players, the way hes conducted himself this season is child-like, his unprofessional actions during games through-out season, his petty comments before and after games, is it any wonder why hes gotten under the skin of so many supporters? hes not changed one bit since he was a player, sooner hes out of scottish football the better cause he is single handedly tarnishing the reputation of it. We live in Scotland, people react, its second nature here, n i dont get why we are all shocked at the level of reaction that we've seen, its the world we live in, thats the sad truth. if he conducted himself like ANY other manager in WORLD football, he wouldnt have so much heat on himself. FACT

I got punched at a Taxi rank randomly once. I hit the cunt back and seconds letter I was dragged away by a police officer and arrested, the officer had seen the entire inncident. Now I wasn't charged and to my knowledge neither was the guy who attacked me, I didn't press charges, however why is it different for Lennon?

i was jumped, hit back an dended up in prison, we are all responsible for our actions and in this situation i would do the same, the guy likely would have got advice beforehand today regarding his rights. just wish he never done it at a footy match

I'll tell you what to do, you give him all the protection he wants...

Then you wait.

Eventually Lennon will slip up. In fact he has already done it several times.

With the hand cupping, statement of teams lying down, booting the guy who ran on the pitch etc.

One time though, and I'm going to enjoy it so much, he will slip up so badly he simply will not have a leg to stand on.

RANT: We live in Scotland, people react, its second nature here, n i dont get why we are all shocked at the level of reaction that we've seen. FACT

Aye. Put’s me in mind of the John Cleese satirical view of a very Scottish outlook on conflict.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get

the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they

have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300

years.

Easier said than done and you know it.

If someone ran up and tried to punch me then all thoughts would be on self-defence and retaliation. Lennon isn't a fuckin robot.

Aye defend yourself if the guy actually lands one on you, not when he's in the middle of being handcuffed on the floor. Thompson was clearly seen hitting him as well, Thompson wasn't even involved in the incident so he himself should be charged with assault, that's just the law I'm afraid.

Aye defend yourself if the guy actually lands one on you, not when he's in the middle of being handcuffed on the floor. Thompson was clearly seen hitting him as well, Thompson wasn't even involved in the incident so he himself should be charged with assault, that's just the law I'm afraid.

Mate it happened in seconds, not a case of apprehend him, pin him, handcuff him then get a boot in, it was seconds and possibly if the guy had a knife you would all see the reasons for over-reactions from lenny (sorryRfc52 i meant to say TLB) and nothing will come of his kick back due to the circumstances around it

The point is that anyone else would have been repramanded by the police for reacting, I don't agree with this but it's the truth. However Lennon can do what he likes, for example he wasn't repramanded for running onto the pitch against ICT and various other outbursts. Why is this?

Which he did....

He quits now then he's quitting the job he loves thus allowing the scumbags to win.

He loves managing Celtic. True.

He doesn't love being one of the most hated figures in the country. True (although sometimes I'm not so sure).

Got to weigh the benefits against the costs.

Nothing you can do with regards to stopping the 'scumbags', so you have to make a choice.

Life's a bitch ain't it.

Too many paradigms of virtue on here. People react differently, Lennon reacted the same as how I would have reacted, it would be hypocritical of me to criticise him for it.

That's fair. (tu)

Hopefully that's where the similarities between you two end though :craphead: