David Healy offered new deal at Rangers

Amac9

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's good news for strength in numbers tbh.

If we lost all our loan players and out of contract players, signing the 3 or 4 decent quality players that we want/need would still mean we had a threadbare squad. Therefore, having players like Healy is important imo.

Actually, although it is perhaps slightly insignificant, Healy's finishing in the pre-match warm up shooting drills is better than anyone elses in the team. I realise it isn't exactly something to go by but he is a very good finisher indeed

(tu) And what was it he said on sky sports news, when Rangers were parading the league trophy.

"It's not about me, it's about club" something like that anyway.

Absolutely (tu)

He said it's all about this club. Also said in the same interview, when asked if he would be here next season, he said he'll definitely be on the terraces if nothing else, even going on to say that is maybe where he belongs!

An extremely humble and passionate guy with a deep love for the Rangers. He will likely be on buttons as well so it can only be a good thing if you ask me!

All the noises seem to be indicating McCoist is prioritising re-signing the loan/short term players, which worries be a bit to be honest.

Deals like Foster, Healy and Diouf were made because we were desperate to boost the squad numbers and couldn't be choosers. But i'd like to think we'd try and move on a bit with the takeover, and boost the squad with better quality than Aberdeen and Premiership rejects. No disrespect intended either as all of them gave their all when here, just weren't good enough for me.

The fact that they were all part of a title winning squad doesn't automatically mean we should be trying to maintain players that didn't contribute much.

It's only June the 1st so as much as it may seem like i'm going into panic mode i'm not, plenty of time for any worries I have to be proved wrong like they have been before. But I can't help but have the feeling that Ally may get a bit caught up in the idea of continuity. Get players like McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Whittaker and Jelavic tied down and there's plenty of continuity, while getting some fresh blood added!

Don't know really why we're keeping him on, since we've got money to spend that is.

Maybe for an Option to keep him on as a coach after his career ends? Besides he's a Die Hard Ger so he'll take whatever wages he can to play for Rangers.

I think its a good bit of business, get him fit for the start of the season and he is another option that we will need during the season. He always looked good when he played for us, it was just unlucky that he picked up an injury or he would have played a bigger part.

Who else could we sign for £4k a week that would be happy to just be part of the squad and would give 100% in every match? Our squad this year barely filled the bench, we need players like this if we are going to compete in the SPL and Europe.

This is spot on (tu)

I honestly think redsox is way off on this one

I really can`t believe some people on here.

who think Healy would play for 4k when he was on 20k before.

Then the old tosh about playing for rangers for buttons because he`s a fan ! nonsense.

McCoist wouldn`t have done it in the past, McGregor won`t do it now.Barry Ferguson wouldn`t have done it,In fact no player would.

Is he a bigger rangers man then these guys ?

This is the same Healy that knocked us back when he was younger.lol

Anyone who thinks he`ll be on 4k a week is in cloud cuckoo.

point is he`ll be on 10K+ and its up to everyone what they think he`s worth.

Fact is he`s never had a good enough club scoring rate anywhere to make him good enough for here.

only with NI has he had a good scoring rate ( brilliant rate !) but he hasn`t scored in 2 1/2 years for them.

I`m for going after a younger player. maybe if we can trust our new scouting system go for a really younger player from abroad with the potential.

Jela on 14k , Healy on 10k isn`t really true either as we had to spend over £4M on Jela.

But he did prove there are gems out there to be had if you look hard enough.

Fact is he`s never had a good enough club scoring rate anywhere to make him good enough for here.

We all said the same about Kenny Miller and he proved us all wrong by rectifying his scoring record while here.

We all said the same about Kenny Miller and he proved us all wrong by rectifying his scoring record while here.

Miller has scored a lot more goals than Healy ever will.

also Miller was younger when he came.

He was signed as our main striker when he came.

Healy would only be signed as a 4th choice.

only time will tell, but I`m sure I`ll be right in the end.

Healy wasn't given a chance because he is not good enough end of story. Yes he came on and scored a couple of goals near the end of games we were cruising in but squad players need to be good enough to be called on to play when required and that means from the start of games as well.

To me he was and should have been nothing more than a stop gap signing till the end of the season.

Ask yourself why he hasn't held down a 1st team position on a regular basis at ANY club in the last 5 years,

Folk seem to forget this is the same guy who told Rangers no , when he was a decent player, then decided yes when no one else wanted him .first bad moves by McCoist keeping him Foster and Diouf .

Have we missed something here? Foster wont be back and Diouf will end up at West ham