Madjid Bougherra allegedly invokes 'Webster Ruling'

Raligt

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares, he served us well, did a turn, and now he wants to move on, we will find someone as good or better as we always do, " but remember no man is bigger than the club "

Regardless of whether this story is true, we should be looking to punt him this summer anyway.

He's out of contract next summer, and lets face it, there aint a hope in hell hes signing a new deal with us.

Thank you MB, goodbye and goodnight. As long as you know that your career will only go downwards from here!

Cuellar shafted us after a season Danny wilson after a few first team appearances which were hardly Bougherra standard only Weir can be compared.

Wilson was a 17 year old kid who made a massive step up and played more games than Bougherra that season.

Exactly, it's either going to be Davie Weir and one other or two new center-halves altogether.

Now with Weir, yes he ended the season extremely well, but it's a season too much. There is not a chance he is going to go through whole season and not get found out. Last season he was found out a good three or four times by celtic and in Europe we had to change our whole formation to compensate for Weir, that gave us almost nothing going forward. We were as good as out before we even started.

If we go into the new season with two center-halves who haven't even played a game together and maybe haven't even played in this league, it's almost a certainty to cause mistakes. How many times have two center-halves come into a side with no experience of playing together nor played in the that particular league hit it off right away? Not very many times. You just need to look at Celtic over the last few years, how many center-halves have they used in the last couple of seasons? Far too many and it's a massive factor on how we've won the last three titles.

Remember PLG's time here, we were murder at the back. I don't want to see the same mistakes made again.

Maybe Kyle Bartley is the answer then as he has played for us. I'd personally be chomping at the bit to get the big man signed.

I think everyone knows he wants to leave, we're all expecting him to leave. He doesn't need to do it like this, I'm pretty sure Rangers would wish him the best wherever he ends up

MADJID BOUGHERRA has opened his heart on his transfer agony - and insisted he doesn't want to become an Ibrox outcast.

The stopper IS ready to quit Rangers this summer but claims he'll only go if boss Ally McCoist approves the deal.

Fans' favourite Bougy has held heart-to-heart talks with Coisty and is eyeing a close-season return to the Premiership.

Bougy, 28, says he WON'T invoke any FIFA release clause because he wants to remain on good terms with the club and its supporters.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport from Algeria last night, he said: "If I leave in the summer, I want everything to be clean with Rangers.

"The club must be happy with any transfer. I've been at Rangers for three years and don't want to cause any trouble.

"The club has made things great for me. The last three years have been fantastic but maybe now is the time to move on.

"If that doesn't happen this summer, it's not a problem. I can stay for a fourth year but after that I'd want to see new things and try a new challenge.

"I have won all the titles in Scotland with Rangers. It has been perfect but sometimes you need to move on to try other things.

"My focus is still on the Premier League. I played there for six months with Charlton and I want to go back as six months isn't a long time.

"I've spoken to Coisty and told him that if there is a new challenge which excites me then I'd like to take it. He understands my position. I have told him the truth because I respect him. He knows me, he knows what I need and he knows I have a good relationship with the club but if I go, I'd have to go cleanly.

"I don't want to lose what I have built up."

SunSport understands agents representing Bougherra had been preparing a letter informing Gers of his intention to buy out the last year of his contract for just £600,000.

Senior Gers sources last night insisted they had not received a letter, which would have been certain to spark a legal cash wrangle. Bougy claims he doesn't want to go in such a controversial way.

He added: "I don't want there to be any trouble between me and the club. I want any move to be easy, not to be wrong."

Newly-promoted QPR could offer Bougy a return to the Premier League three years after he left Charlton for Gers in a £2.5m move.

Even if he doesn't go this summer, he WON'T pen a contract extension to stay beyond 2012.

McCoist and new owner Craig Whyte had hatched plans to tie down Bougy as well as Davis, Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker on new deals.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3620040/I-cant-quit-as-villain-at-Rangers.html#ixzz1ORgpdnMJ