***The Official Malmo FF vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

ok someone explain the inclusion of edu please?

you're all picking him & he's been awful since preseason

imo, mcculoch has done less wrong, he has been given a defensive roll - and that means you dont see him much during a game - it's the very nature of the defensive mid role

i'd have :

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :Goian::Wallace:

:mcculloch:

:ortiz: :davis: :wylde:

:Naismith: :jelavic:

am intae that mate

i think it's insanity to use edu, whatever's wrong with him confidence or whatever, he's too much of a liability - if he gives the ball away and makes mistakes in posession like he did today against malmo, they will break, cut up our defense and score.

no brainer for me, edu out, and out asap!

With Goian eligible, we look solid at the back, but I'm more concerned with us going forward.

Jelavic and Naismith need fast-paced support to take advantage of Malmo's defence which looked incredibly shit when the ball was played on the ground.

Wylde and Ortiz are a must for me.

We need goals, so I hope it isn't the 5-4-1. Malmo exposed the spaces between the centre backs and wing backs last week, so you'd assume they would do the same tonight.

If we have Davis in the middle, driving us forward, linking with Naismith and Jelavic, then we will cause them a lot of problems.

To me this is a simple game made difficult by coaches.

Their weakest part of the team is their defence.

Our strongest in Europe has been our defence.

We set up far too cautiously at Ibrox and paid the price.

If we are more offensive and have a stronger midfield that doesn't allow them to play through us like they did at Ibrox then i am confident we can not only beat Malmo but cruise through quite comfortably by two or three goals.

To do that we need pace in all areas of the team which means places should be found for players like Wallace and Wylde but deep down we know Papac,Edu and McCulloch will play tonight and the formation will be cautious to say the least.

I'd go with:

:whittaker: :bougherra:

:Goian: :papac:

:ortiz: :davis: :mcculloch: :wylde:

It's a must win game tonight. C'mon Rangers you can do it !

This for me !

put a 2-0 Jelavic first goalscorer on but any result taking us through will do me.

With Goian eligible, we look solid at the back, but I'm more concerned with us going forward.

Jelavic and Naismith need fast-paced support to take advantage of Malmo's defence which looked incredibly shit when the ball was played on the ground.

Wylde and Ortiz are a must for me.

I'll give you Wylde but Ortiz? :huh:

We will win tonight, we simply have to. No fucking about with formations or positions or any of that shite which will see us play like a sack of fuckin badgers. We need a strong team, which we have, no Edu. Weir being out is a godsend unfortunately and Goian will stand up to these pricks. Jelavic and Naismith up front with Ortiz supplying the balls, how can we not win?

I'd go with:

:whittaker: :bougherra:

:Goian: :papac:

:ortiz: :davis: :mcculloch: :wylde:

It's a must win game tonight. C'mon Rangers you can do it !

Yes, thats pretty much the team I would like to see start the game, if I am honest though I really cant see it happening. Fully expect Edu and McCulloch to start in the middle of the park sadly. It really does astound me that Ally thinks the 2 of them paired in midfield is the best way for Rangers at the moment. One or the other maybe but not both together, especially in a must win game like tonight.

Hopefully I will be proved wrong and Ally will drop one of them.