Matt Mckay

Broxi1872

probably along the same lines as the bbc article....

David Goodwillie said it was an easy decision to turn his back on Rangers - because he wants to face teams like Manchester United rather than St Mirren.

Hard to argue with that.

Ha I heard folk saying Goodwillie seemed rather dim beforehand but assumed it was just through being annoyed at him not coming to Rangers. Have to say though, in that press conference I saw, he came across as pretty damn thick, even for a footballer.

McKay still hopeful of move

12 August 2011-PA Sport

Move still on ... Brisbane and Australia midfielder Matt McKay still hopes to complete his move to Rangers (Getty)

Rangers transfer target Matt McKay flew back to Australia still hopeful that a proposed move to the Scottish champion would go ahead.

The Australia international held talks with Rangers earlier this week and was given a tour of the club's training facilities before starting in the Socceroos' 2-1 friendly win over Wales in Cardiff.

Rangers had been keen to confirm McKay's signing before the Europa League registration deadline on Friday, however, the 28-year-old told Press Association Sport he would now fly home after problems securing a visa delayed the deal.

McKay has not played the required 75% of Australia's competitive internationals in the past two years to guarantee a visa after only establishing his place under new boss Holger Osieck in the past 12 months.

Rangers can still take the case further and the energetic left-sided winger hopes he will be given the green light for a dream move soon after spending his entire career in Australia to date.

"We're just talking at the moment. There's a few things to work through, but if the opportunity comes I'll grab it with both hand and go there," he said.

"I went up and had a look at the club when I got into the UK earlier this week. It's a very prestigious club and to have the interest is great.

"It's very impressive. I've seen the training ground which is unbelievable and the stadium.

"The atmosphere they have at games is phenomenal as well.

"They are a massive club, they're up for titles every year. I'd love the chance, but at the moment I've got no idea when a deal will be done."

McKay skippered the Brisbane Roar to its first ever A-League title last year and revealed Rangers' interest in him had been stirred by team-mate and former Light Blues defender Craig Moore.

He added: "Moorey has a lot of contacts over there. He's a good friend and likes my ability so he put in a good word. We'll see what happens.

"We won a title last year and part of that team was Craig Moore as well as Charlie Miller and Bob Malcolm who played for Rangers. They've helped me along the way and told me about the club."

McKay was able to play a full 90 minutes in Australia's win over Wales last night as the visiting side claimed an impressive win thanks to goals from Tim Cahill and Robbie Kruse either side of half-time.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1068340/McKay-still-hopeful-of-move

Tbh the WP thing riles me. We never got the Algerian lad due to it. But IRA fc go out and get Mizuno(who i thought made shite trainers), Du Wei and the big mud hut guy.

Its a shambles and doesn't help when the panel was made up of 2 ex tarriers aswell :disappointment:

Guys. This will defo get through he has basically played 100% of games in last 12 months for a team ranked in top 20-30...this Kenyan fella got one for a team with a terrible world ranking and hardly a cap in sight

Guys. This will defo get through he has basically played 100% of games in last 12 months for a team ranked in top 20-30...this Kenyan fella got one for a team with a terrible world ranking and hardly a cap in sight

Exactly

I know he is a small guy but if you take a look at the Australians they tend to be tough little bastards.

Lucas Neill, Tim Cahill, John Aloisi, Harry Kewell, Craig Moore, Mark Viduka, Tony Vidmar, Kevin Muscat... could all handle themselves. In fact most Australians are nuts!

McKay still hopeful of move

12 August 2011-PA Sport

Move still on ... Brisbane and Australia midfielder Matt McKay still hopes to complete his move to Rangers (Getty)

Rangers transfer target Matt McKay flew back to Australia still hopeful that a proposed move to the Scottish champion would go ahead.

The Australia international held talks with Rangers earlier this week and was given a tour of the club's training facilities before starting in the Socceroos' 2-1 friendly win over Wales in Cardiff.

Rangers had been keen to confirm McKay's signing before the Europa League registration deadline on Friday, however, the 28-year-old told Press Association Sport he would now fly home after problems securing a visa delayed the deal.

McKay has not played the required 75% of Australia's competitive internationals in the past two years to guarantee a visa after only establishing his place under new boss Holger Osieck in the past 12 months.

Rangers can still take the case further and the energetic left-sided winger hopes he will be given the green light for a dream move soon after spending his entire career in Australia to date.

"We're just talking at the moment. There's a few things to work through, but if the opportunity comes I'll grab it with both hand and go there," he said.

"I went up and had a look at the club when I got into the UK earlier this week. It's a very prestigious club and to have the interest is great.

"It's very impressive. I've seen the training ground which is unbelievable and the stadium.

"The atmosphere they have at games is phenomenal as well.

"They are a massive club, they're up for titles every year. I'd love the chance, but at the moment I've got no idea when a deal will be done."

McKay skippered the Brisbane Roar to its first ever A-League title last year and revealed Rangers' interest in him had been stirred by team-mate and former Light Blues defender Craig Moore.

He added: "Moorey has a lot of contacts over there. He's a good friend and likes my ability so he put in a good word. We'll see what happens.

"We won a title last year and part of that team was Craig Moore as well as Charlie Miller and Bob Malcolm who played for Rangers. They've helped me along the way and told me about the club."

McKay was able to play a full 90 minutes in Australia's win over Wales last night as the visiting side claimed an impressive win thanks to goals from Tim Cahill and Robbie Kruse either side of half-time.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1068340/McKay-still-hopeful-of-move

Just to introduce myself, I'm a Roar supporter who has followed our iconic captain and founder team member to Ibrox, putting aside the horror of losing him for peanuts.Look forward to watching Rangers on cable!

Have to correct what this report has Matt saying. Moore Miller and Malcolm did play for the club but left the previous season in a kind of club civil war. They did not play for the championship winning side nicknamed Roarcelona.

Moore is not popular among Roar fans for his role in the loss of Matt

Extracted from Bedoya article

Meanwhile, reports in Australia state Rangers target Matt McKay, will not have a final decision made on his work permit application until Friday.

The midfielder has already agreed personal terms and is waiting for his £320,000 transfer from Brisbane Roar to be rubber-stamped.

If the hearing does not take place until the end of this week, Rangers will be unable to register him to face Maribor.

McKay said: “It’s out of my hands. Rangers will do their business.

Even if McKay is granted his work permit, there’s a chance he may not head to Glasgow until after Australia’s 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Thailand on September 2 in Brisbane and Saudi Arabia four days later in Dammam.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/265114/Rangers-want-Alejandro-Bedoya-on-cheap

I don't buy in to the whole paranoia shite, but with regards to work permits, we DEFINITELY get the short straw in comparison to some of the permits amazingly handed out over on the East end of the city.

I don't buy in to the whole paranoia shite, but with regards to work permits, we DEFINITELY get the short straw in comparison to some of the permits amazingly handed out over on the East end of the city.

I think you just bought into it