David Healy.

keithgersbear

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks out of shape. His chance was a pretty easy one for a guy with his experience. I do feel sorry for him that he's been given a contract at his boyhood heroes yet we seem very reluctant to play him. Why did we bother keeping him on? After tonight's miss, the guy will be lucky to get much game time before his contract ends.

Bad miss but he didn't look fit, reminded me of Beattie after we signed him last Summer...squad player at best. He should've buried that though, we say it all the time but most of us here would've burst the net wi that chance haha

I think he's ready to come home to Linfield now.

Did you see our match against Linfield?

The person beside me turned round and said to me that you wouldn't recognise the difference between an amatuer league/semi professional footballer and someone who had scored 35 goals for NI.

That was his contract and wages all justified in one fucking chance and he bottled it. I was fuking disgusted and i dont exaggerate when i say i would have scored that.

Absolutley gutted. And i know he will be too. Still doesnt make me feel any better though. Absolutley sickening tonight.

Fucking shite now. I really don't want to be so harsh as he is a N.I legend but what on earth was up with that finish? Why didn't he just drill it? He looked so out of his depth with that chance and i think he knew it. Fucking shat it.

You need to have a little more perspective. Healy played 6 minutes of football in 7 games this season before tonight. This is probably because a) he is not match fit or b) McCoist has no trust in him as a striker or c) the guy's confidence is shot after a terrible run or d) all of the above. The guy is then brought on at the most highly pressured time of the season (since the last one) and expected to pull a rabbit out of the hat. It's just unreasonable, regardless of what you think about the guy. We continually do this to our players. No wonder some of them don't have any confidence at Ibrox.