Jelavic Transfer Thread

HashPizza

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110830/jelavic-offer-rejected_2254024_2436626

From the Rangers website! Interesting that the club have chosen to announce this. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing!?

Why have we been so quick to put it on there?

Is that our way of touting him?.................... :sherlock:

Because he's not committed apparently. A couple of poor games and he's written off both in terms of his ability and his commitment to the club. Crazy. He may well leave, but right now there has been no indication that we are willing to sell or that he's desperate to leave.

Spot on

I reckon that the announcement on the official site is a good sign. They might imagine that a rejected bid for one of our better players is enough to make up for a lack of signings on our part. I'm probably reading into it too much.

I see it from a different perspective. It's letting everyone (other teams) know there has been an offer knocked back and it's not just a rumour.

I think he's Joe the Toff!

IF he goes, I'd rather it be over and done with tonight.

Gives us the rest of tonight and all of tomorrow trying to get replacements in. I'd rather not be sitting biting my nails tomorrow til 11pm thinking we're close to losing one of our key players.

Getting a little worried now. That's at least two concrete bids within the last half hour, looks like it's going to keep going. Someone on here called it a few weeks ago, saying Jelavic would be gone by September, might have been thebooler?

What's worryig s that a couple of concrete bids in a short space of time could suggest someone has said a deal could be on, be that an agent or our club

I see it from a different perspective. It's letting everyone (other teams) know there has been an offer knocked back and it's not just a rumour.

I think he's Joe the Toff!

I see it as being either a statement that they are not going to sell their best player and are trying to show this to the fans!

Or

More cynically, they are putting this up to give this perception that a team will have to spend more to get him and enticing more money for him.

Only time will tell I suppose!

Would turn down every offer that gets thrown. Way too late.

100% agree, it's not about the money, it's about the fact we'll have no time to bring in a replacement. On another note it's quite funny seeing hundreds of people on twitter going "Rangers are skint, can't afford to turn down £6m" etc. Ignorant bastards must not realise we're under new ownership.