Laudrup

JamieD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's unpopular but imo Laudrup was twice the player Gazza was, especially in their time here.

Make it 3 times and I'm in agreement.

Gazza was a very good player but folk sometimes forget the quiet man. Laudrup certainly had far more good games and was blessed with pace and superior skill levels.

We were lucky to have him at Ibrox.

He was pish.

No even joking about that is wrong nothing other than the best player to grace Scottish football in the last twenty odd years.

How much did we pay for him im finding contradicting reports of 3.5 million up to 5 million, either way he was worth ever penny.

Watching all those vids I spotted one or two which were simply tap ins but even then the built up work was superb.

Every goal he scored was pure class, the Denmark V Argentina game looked like their defence wanted to murder him as he was taking the piss out of them.

He was pish.

No even joking about that is wrong nothing other than the best player to grace Scottish football in the last twenty odd years.

How much did we pay for him im finding contradicting reports of 3.5 million up to 5 million, either way he was worth ever penny.

Could be wrong, but i think it was 2.5 Million.Same as the fee for Basil Boli who was bought at the same time?

And it was a double Press Conference with the two of them? :craphead:

Could be wrong, but i think it was 2.5 Million.Same as the fee for Basil Boli who was bought at the same time?

That's about close to the actual quoted fee of £2.3million. What a bargain :praise:

Just wish i'd been a bit older so I could have watched this man play. :praise:

The first season esapecially was just unbelievable no settling in time at all just absolute perfection from the moment he put on the blue jersey.

I always wonder if we could have put him in the team that was cheated by Marseille that may have been the season we won our first European Cup :crabflute:.

Lets just hope he's back to health soon and back among us :clap:

i knew it wasn't that much considering how important he became for us. If the 2.3 million pounds figure from ozblue is accurate and i believe him then surely the best value for money signing in our history.

Make it 3 times and I'm in agreement.

Gazza was a very good player but folk sometimes forget the quiet man. Laudrup certainly had far more good games and was blessed with pace and superior skill levels.

We were lucky to have him at Ibrox.

As much as I loved Laudrup I think it's a bit far to say he was 3 or even 2 times the player of Gazza, Laudrup had the pace and skill which left opponents for dead, Gazza just had skill and could still leave players chasing his shadow.

Although either way we were lucky to have both (tu)

The first season esapecially was just unbelievable no settling in time at all just absolute perfection from the moment he put on the blue jersey.

I always wonder if we could have put him in the team that was cheated by Marseille that may have been the season we won our first European Cup :crabflute:.

Lets just hope he's back to health soon and back among us :clap:

I seem to remember him going on a run and setting up big Duncan for the winner in his first league game?

2-1 Utd at a guess.