Tonight The World Lost Another Great Bear.

Creampuff

Tonight I lost the greatest influence on my footballing life.

My Dad put me in Rangers strips from the first moment he could, and took me to Ibrox as much as was humanly possible. He was a season ticket for many a year and infamously once nearly got himself kicked out of the house for constantly waking the baby during the away leg at Elland Road in '92.

Despite growing up in a family of Celtic supporters this man chose the light and brought me up the way he brought up himself - a good bear.

Rest in peace Big Al, you'll be remembered every time I see those famous gates, Ibrox's Blue Sea, and touch the top of the doorways walking out of the stadium that gave us so many memories together.

A great bear, and father, gone - never forgotten.

Rest in Peace, Old Man :rip:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I lost the greatest influence on my footballing life.

My Dad put me in Rangers strips from the first moment he could, and took me to Ibrox as much as was humanly possible. He was a season ticket for many a year and infamously once nearly got himself kicked out of the house for constantly waking the baby during the away leg at Elland Road in '92.

Despite growing up in a family of Celtic supporters this man chose the light and brought me up the way he brought up himself - a good bear.

Rest in peace Big Al, you'll be remembered every time I see those famous gates, Ibrox's Blue Sea, and touch the top of the doorways walking out of the stadium that gave us so many memories together.

A great bear, and father, gone - never forgotten.

Rest in Peace, Old Man :rip:

What age was he AC?