time for a change

skinnymate1690

It used to be the thinking that if you got an ex-attacker as a manager, you would see his team play in his image and be an attacking minded team, so maybe our fans thought this way when Ally was given the job (the tims demolition strengthened this idea)

I am really mystified about this whole Matty McKay affair, and to be honest with you, I don't know why the likes of Bartley, McCulloch and Papac get the nod over McKay and the other midfielders we currently have at our club.

BTW! I agree with you 100% about Davis,but for me there is too much onus on him because let's face it, we aren't going to get much guile from midfield with Edu,Papac,McCulloch,Bartley etc! to work with him.

My thoughts exactly. We can have a go at Davis, but he seems to be our midfield right now, with about 7 defenders around him, a winger who can't cross a ball nor take a man on even though he has good pace. I will admit I thought Ally's team would reflect his personality, and it did look as if we were going that way, but this is concerning. The very fact critics of Ally(of which I am one) can speak with such liberty, even though we are leading this League, says it all. Things are bad, we have players in our team who have no idea whatsoever what to do with the ball when they get it and are outplayed by teams built with a fraction of our budget.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. We can have a go at Davis, but he seems to be our midfield right now, with about 7 defenders around him, a winger who can't cross a ball nor take a man on even though he has good pace. I will admit I thought Ally's team would reflect his personality, and it did look as if we were going that way, but this is concerning. The very fact critics of Ally(of which I am one) can speak with such liberty, even though we are leading this League, says it all. Things are bad, we have players in our team who have no idea whatsoever what to do with the ball when they get it and are outplayed by teams built with a fraction of our budget.

I'm sure Ally will learn from his mistakes, but I would prefer he realises them now and not when the horse has bolted. Thw whole idea of having a midfield is that the guys there know how to keep possession of the ball and can actually pass it with effect to a team mate....Bartley,Edu.Mculloch,Papac, are not these kind of players.

I would imagine players like McKay, Fleck, Bendiksen,Ortiz, Bedoya..and even Kerkar would be wondering what the fuck is going on.

I'm sure Ally will learn from his mistakes, but I would prefer he realises them now and not when the horse has bolted. Thw whole idea of having a midfield is that the guys there know how to keep possession of the ball and can actually pass it with effect to a team mate....Bartley,Edu.Mculloch,Papac, are not these kind of players.

I would imagine players like McKay, Fleck, Bendiksen,Ortiz, Bedoya..and even Kerkar would be wondering what the fuck is going on.

Hi Oz,

I think we are ALL wondering wtf is going on.

We really should be strong defensively but set out to attack all other teams in the SPL. Dominate games and let them be scared of us - not us hanging on against teams with budgets that are not even half of ours.

For me we are strong in the centre of the defence but poor defensively at full back. I would play McMillan and Papac at full back. They are stronger defensively than the others in my opinion, though maybe not just as good going forward.

In midfield I would play Aluko, Davis, Edu and either Bendikson or McKay; keep Wylde as a sub.

Up front I would play Lafferty and Jelavic, but hopefully we sign another quality striker in January.

I would not play Papac, McCulloch, Bartley in midfield. WE should look at a good creative but strong midfielder in January too.

I would sell Whittaker, Healy, Little, Broadfoot, Weir and Ortiz.

With regards to the OP saying we've been extremely lucky this year..

It seems that the more games we win, the luckier we get. Funny that.

You can't sack people without just cause, and not playing Barcelona-style football in a Scottish league is definitely not a just cause. Maybe the OP should fuck off and support Barcelona if that is what matters to him most.

show me where in my post i said i wanted us to play like barca ?

can you honestly tell me that your happy with what you are watching every weekend ? because i know im not

im sick of seeing teams contstantly outplaying us and us having to grind out results , WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO.

but we are top of the league so i suppose i shouldnt complain ....

Hi Oz,

I think we are ALL wondering wtf is going on.

We really should be strong defensively but set out to attack all other teams in the SPL. Dominate games and let them be scared of us - not us hanging on against teams with budgets that are not even half of ours.

For me we are strong in the centre of the defence but poor defensively at full back. I would play McMillan and Papac at full back. They are stronger defensively than the others in my opinion, though maybe not just as good going forward.

In midfield I would play Aluko, Davis, Edu and either Bendikson or McKay; keep Wylde as a sub.

Up front I would play Lafferty and Jelavic, but hopefully we sign another quality striker in January.

I would not play Papac, McCulloch, Bartley in midfield. WE should look at a good creative but strong midfielder in January too.

I would sell Whittaker, Healy, Little, Broadfoot, Weir and Ortiz.

I find it hard to argue with any of your comments there,my old buddy (tu) Now I haven't actually seen much of McMillan, but if he's a worse defender than Whittaker, then he has no business being at Rangers,because Whittaker for me is probably one of the worst right backs I have ever seen at Ibrox (although I admit I missed a few)

There is no doubt Whittaker can play football and probably could do a job for us somewhere else on the park, but it sure as hell ain't as a full back.

Papac is solid at left back and at the moment is a bit safer than Wallace, but I can see Wallace coming on leaps and bounds as he gets more experience. I agree with your midfield selection but would hope to see Ness come back to the equation soon if he can get his injuries cleared up, because that kid is a diamond in waiting.

I would actually add McCulloch to your selling list, but it's noticeable you have not included Kerkar in there....Does that mean that you would keep him??? :D

Sorry Oz I don't think he is learning from his mistakes.The very fact he saw fit to put Papac in beside Davis seriously concerns me. Couple that with another inept performance suggests to me McCoist is no clearer in his own mind what his best team is.

No Ortiz in the squad.No game time for McKay again and Bedoya hooked again early in a game.

Fleck nowhere near the squad again and a mindset that is ultra defensive and even mire cautious than Smith doesn't inspire me with much confidence.

Have to agree that McCoist doesn't seem to be learning.much. Apart from the Papac decision, what exactly has Bedoya ever done in a Rangers shirt to give him the nod over Bendikson or Lafferty? And the decision to move the totally one footed Wylde to the right was appalling and could have cost us the game.

Not quite time to sack Ally yet! Yes, we are rubbish at the moment, but he deserves at least a full season in charge.

Like most of you I'm worried about our performances...they are, truly abysmal, and whilst we're 7 points clear at the moment no one should be fooled by our position. I think Ally needs time to turn it around and, perhaps, change the squad further. Let's see what the January transfer window brings.....I sincerely hope it's some quality signings.

Jelavic taking throws was a new low for me watching Rangers, i dont think i have ever been so embarrassed watching the Gers. Worse than all the anti-football stuff, worse than seeing Big Lee in midfield, worse than seeing an Arsenal youth crow barred(love that!) out of position into our midfield, worse than seeing Rangers players scared to shoot from outside the box.

Back to set pieces, its basically a lack of knowledge from managers and coaches and lack of bottle and skill from players.

They cant practice them, the evidence is clear. If i played for Rangers the security man would have drag me off the training pitch at night. I would be at Murray Park every minute of the day after training to work on my skills and weaknesses.

If it was good enough for guys like Beckham and Nakamura it is good enough for our guys.

Over paid, lazy and pampered. Thats what they are.

SWSL If they stayed behind to practice when would they be able to update their Facebook or Twitter pages ?

Favouritism is clearly involved here. I love big jig and a defender of him, but he's slow and adds to our negative philosophy, if we have one. There are players on the pitch and taking up space on the bench that are nothing more than burdeons to our ever-growing problems. Losing one player through injury should not affect a team in the way it obviously has with rangers, somethings wrong.

Have to agree that McCoist doesn't seem to be learning.much. Apart from the Papac decision, what exactly has Bedoya ever done in a Rangers shirt to give him the nod over Bendikson or Lafferty? And the decision to move the totally one footed Wylde to the right was appalling and could have cost us the game.

Wylde has been very effective when played on the right.

Favouritism is clearly involved here. I love big jig and a defender of him, but he's slow and adds to our negative philosophy, if we have one. There are players on the pitch and taking up space on the bench that are nothing more than burdeons to our ever-growing problems. Losing one player through injury should not affect a team in the way it obviously has with rangers, somethings wrong.

We were very poor even with Naismith in the team as well.

We were very poor even with Naismith in the team as well.

We have had a very poor style of play for as long as I can remember, going back to big eck. But at least with naismith in the team there was a higher chance of us scoring. Now there are no certainties.

One issue on which I do raise question marks about Ally's judgement is the players he has brought in.

Goian and Bocanegra have been outstanding signings.

Wallace? Jury still out for me.

Aluko? Still early days.

Ortiz, Bedoya, Bartley and McKay have been flops. The former and the latter rarely figure so even Ally musn't rate them.

In addition, he handed out new contracts to Healy and Kerkar but refuses to use them. He also handed a new long-term deal to Whittaker when one wasn't warranted. Incredibly, he's apparently considering offering Edu a new deal.

im sick of seeing the same old garbage week in week out and i really thought it was going to change under ally but its not . we are meant to be the best team in the country yet some of the football we play isnt even division 1 standard .

ally's team choice today,well the less said about that the better .

so we have two options imo

ally stays and we get new and better coaches to help him out and hopefully that would bring better performances or we have a complete change of background staff including a new manager and start fresh .

i know this wont happen anytime soon but things need to change

and dont hit out with the we are 4/7 points clear pish because we are extremely lucky to be in the position we are in

OK lets say we clear our the backroom staff - and bring a new team in - and next December they are 4 points clear at the top of the league - would you change again?

Ally needs at least 3 transfer windows to see where he is going and has done enough in his first 6 months to warrant being allowed to do so.