Grant Holt

Thommo

If we want to bring this guy in (which would take around £2.5m or more imo), how will he play with Jela. We all know that the players treat Nikica as a target man so two of them isn't the way forward. Would rather someone with pace that could create the goals as well as score 10+. Holt is a good player but we don't need another target man. I agree with the above post on Sahil. The wages would be dramatically different too.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player I thought we ought to have tried to sign when they were in league 1/Championship. He is the type of player that would score goals for us. Though he's not really the pacey kind of striker I thought we needed. Unless Jelavic or Lafferty are moving on sometime soon?

Not worth the gamble for the inevitable inflated transfer fee IMO, a very limited player and not exactly a spring chicken. Norwich make excellent use of his attributes in the way they play but this is not the kind of player Rangers should be looking to build a team around.

I remember seeing him play in League 1 for Forest and Norwich when they asked him to play in a non-line leading role. He looked totally awful, not the mark of a player worthy of spunking millions on.

Is selling a 26 year old Jelavic and replacing him with a 30 year old who is technically not as good good business?

I'm sure if you look around you will find a similar or better striker who will do the same job, for less money and still to hit their peak.

On Sky, Lambert has told us where to go.

Where's that then?

Seriously though, an odd one, don't see it happening because I don't see the draw of playing fairly regularly in a mid-table premiership side to coming to Rangers (with no connections to our club or Scotland) - not gonna happen

Where's that then?

Seriously though, an odd one, don't see it happening because I don't see the draw of playing fairly regularly in a mid-table premiership side to coming to Rangers (with no connections to our club or Scotland) - not gonna happen

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7444720/Canaries-rebuff-Gers-approach

I think he would fancy it.

(tu)

Sky Sports understands Norwich City have rejected an approach from Rangers for captain Grant Holt.

The 30-year-old striker has been fantastic for Norwich since joining from Shrewsbury Town in 2009.

He has gone on to help the Canaries to consecutive promotions and he is now finding the net on a regular basis in the Premier League.

Holt has seven goals to his name this season and his form has not gone unnoticed.

Sky Bet Odds

See all our latest transfer markets including Nicky Maynard to sign for Norwich in January 14/1, or Jordan Rhodes to sign for Norwich 12/1 and Kris Boyd to sign for Rangers 16/1. Bet Now

Indeed Sky Sports understands that Ally McCoist is a huge fan of the former Nottingham Forest man and is looking to take him to Ibrox.

Rangers are understood to have made contact with Norwich, although the East Anglian outfit rebuffed the enquiry, making it clear they would not entertain selling Holt.

However, Rangers remain keen and seem certain to return with a firm offer before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

Ha cheers for the link. The 'where's that?' comment was more of a pun at Lambert's telling us where to go. Still, interesting read.

Not convinced he'd really have any interest

At 30 he has to weigh it up, he is Playing in a great league, but is never going to win anything there, or does he come here and win trophies so he can show his grandsons his winners medals?

Or is it all down to money

I would imagine we could pay more than Norwich. Any idea of their turnover for last year? And their wage bill?

A guy I know who works with the sfa mentioned this to me a few weeks ago. He said if we sell jelavic, holt was the boy we are looking at to replace him.

I thought he was at it but seems to be a wee bit of truth in it. I don't think it'll be a good move to be honest. I'm like a few on here, would rather have someone with pace!