Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

Are we going to wait until the last second of the window to squeeze an extra £500k out of this and then turn round and say: "We had no time to spend the money."

Would be typical.

If that happens and we leave it to the last day then say we had no time to bring any 1 in I think the fans would go mad at whyte ect

I think 8m would be very good business as long as Ally gets a decent % of it.

You could just about buy a whole squad capable of winning the SPL with 8m so 25%-50% should be enough to really strengthen the squad enough.

Only if your scouts are good enough.

I think we'll get about £7.5Million for Jelavic and bring in a loan player or two.

Which I don't think is good enough to win the League.

Breaking News CSKA Moscow are said to be making a bid for Jelavic following the sale of Vagner Love for £9.3M.

CSKA have confirmed they have scouted him on 2 occasions and that they have spoke to his agent with a view to a move.

CSKA's manager has said it's up to the board if it is going to happen but Russian Radio stations were saying £8M+add ons was offered rather than the full £9M.

Story is in the Express

I know their window goes until end of Feb but we should tell them that they sign him in the next 2-3 days or they don't sign him at all

Are we going to wait until the last second of the window to squeeze an extra £500k out of this and then turn round and say: "We had no time to spend the money."

Would be typical.

I think not. We turned down an 11th hour bid for him in the last window for this very reason. Can't see it happening this time either. Mr. Whyte and Ally must surely realise that comprimising the chances of winning the league and thus qualifying for CL for the sake of a gew extra quid simply isn't worth it.

Holt would be great but he playing in best league in the world and is norwich's captian can't see him coming to us

He cant get a game for norwich. The other week he wasnt even in the bench. Lambert prefers morison and pilkington.

Would be typical.

It wont matter, its not like Ally will get any great portion of it to spend, if any.

This is dragging on too much and we cant afford this to goto the final day and then try and scramble around trying to sign players. Whyte, Smith or whoever should just set a deadline to any clubs who have bid, you have until Saturday at noon to make your final offers, but we wont take a penny less than £9m (or £8m+ add ons).

That gives McCoist a few days to sort out some replacements.