Kevin Kyle thread

He's not that bad, could comfortably play in SPL or First Division so why not for Division 3. A little worried we may have too many strikers soon though :lol:

Could potentially be:

Jig

McKay

Little

Naismith

Beattie*

Kyle*

+ Hemmings injured.

That's a decent selection IMO.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we like it or not we are going to need these big ugly plodders to get through these lower divisions.

Nifty technical players are all good and well but they would get destroyed in the 3rd division.

As long as we mix it up with youth, keep winning and get consecutive promotions I'll be happy. Then once in the first division we can start signing players who have a good level of ability and get rid of the big lumps signed just to get us out of the lower divisions.

Why are people complaining? The aim this season is to win the 3rd division, and Kevin Kyle would quite clearly be one of the best strikers in the division.

Good signing!

My main concern with both him and Beattie is their ability to stay fit.

Obviously playing in SD3 isn't going to be as demanding on their bodies because the players that they are up against won't have the same athletic ability as SPL level players, but I still worry when both of them haven't been able to get fit enough to put together any run of games for the best part of a year now.

My main concern with both him and Beattie is their ability to stay fit.

Obviously playing in SD3 isn't going to be as demanding on their bodies because the players that they are up against won't have the same athletic ability as SPL level players, but I still worry when both of them haven't been able to get fit enough to put together any run of games for the best part of a year now.

I think this is the problem. I have no doubt he would do well in Div 3, and if he stayed fit would score goals and be a decent signing. However we are surely not in a position to bring in guys who are injury prone, to pay wages and medical bills. Would much rather invest in youth.

I wandered this too, I would much prefer Beattie to be honest

I agree. I'd rather Beattie, McCulloch, Little and McKay for up front rather than Kyle, McCulloch, Little and McKay. You could also include Naismith I suppose.