Elgin City fined £25k

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that they do not deduct points from them.

I can only agree with this statement if it was an accident that they over-sold.

If they sold over the amount allowed on purpose, then they were seeking a profit at our own fans safety. We already have 2 tragic events associated with our club. We hopefully will never have another, but Elgin might have caused injury to our fans for the sake of greed.

If this was no accident, then I say hammer them as harshly as possible.

Well that settles it.

TBH, it sounds far more likely than "they were greedy and thought they could print and sell 1100 tickets ILLEGALLY without anyone noticing - Maybe I just live in a more innocent world?

That's why I'll wait till the official decision. Until then, innocent of all charges.

Anyway, moving on - who have we got next at the footy? doh

If they sold over the amount allowed on purpose, then they were seeking a profit at our own fans safety. We already have 2 tragic events associated with our club. We hopefully will never have another, but Elgin might have caused injury to our fans for the sake of greed.

Can't argue with that.

'As harshly as possible' - that would be to close the Club down I think, is that what you are advocating?

It seems the Elgin 'moneymen' were trying to fleece the fans as it is alleged they had a package deal for the Rangers game: Attend the last three games at a tenner a pop and then £15 for the Gers game. In essence their fans have been charged £45.

I would not like to see the players punished for this though, it is a bit OTT.

A Bear was on Clyde saying the same thing and also said that Queens park will be allowing us 40,000 at £20 a head.

A paper filler realy, eh?

Anything negative to do with Rangers is fine, even if it's not their fault, although I can imagine some that could twist this story to make it ours.

yeah your quite right on that one, could well blame it on us for having an army of travelling fans. I do think a points deduction is ludicrous though

I'm surprised to find so many (albeit a minority) calling Elgin greedy cheats and demanding various assorted punishments when we don't even know what happened yet.

You would think that after last week's announcements we, more than anyone, would see the wisdom of presuming innocence until actual guilt is established.

I'm still assuming it was just an error until the FTTT (Four-Thousand Tickets Tribunal) decision is released.

yep this - short memory by some on presumption

TBH, it sounds far more likely than "they were greedy and thought they could print and sell 1100 tickets ILLEGALLY without anyone noticing - Maybe I just live in a more innocent world?

That's why I'll wait till the official decision. Until then, innocent of all charges.

Anyway, moving on - who have we got next at the footy? doh

Heard Rangers printed away end tickets (was getting my ticket on the bus so didn't get a chance to see one) so the fact they printed about twice as many tickets as they were supposed to suggests non of your scenarios are likely at all.

They put their ticket price up 50% for us coming so it's not hard to suggest their greed went as far as to try make even more money.

Greedy is more likely than error in my eyes.

Duno who we play next, bet they're greedy bastards though :sherlock:

I just feel a bit sorry for them. They are just a wee team which was going to have one of there biggest payday for years, be live on ESPN, their chairman was on eulogising about rangers in the press...and then they go and make a complete cunt of it.

Same here as well, however I think its best to establish what led to this before casting judgement. Innocent before proven guilty etc etc....