Is there a need ?

D'Artagnan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes of course.

I would also really like to see a financial analysis of incomings and outgoings since CW came to the club. We need to know exactly how much money was fleeced from the club.

There is still so much to be answered, beginning to doubt if it ever will.

no one knows the full story yet so no. Maybe in a few years.

I acknowledge that - though that doesnt seem to have prevented a biased and inaccurate "documentation" which you will find on sale in Waterstones.

I make no claim to understanding some of the legal and financial comings and going.

I'll tell you what I do know though - our club was presumed guilty by a whole nation before a verdict was returned. We became social pariah's who were labelled as cheats, tax dodgers and compared with those who had previously been convicted of corruption and bribery in football. I know that our club was subjected to unfair and unlawful measures by those who are charged with governance of our game and yet in the bloodfest to punish Rangers some of those unlawful rulings are still hanging over us.

Perhaps, most importantly, I know how that felt as a Rangers supporter going through all that, and the legacy of anger it has left inside me.

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

I ask because a number of bears have suggested I address this imbalance.

My own opinion is that your book would be the opposite of that published (and therefore may be needed) but in its own way would only be pandering to 'our' views.

I think what I would like to see is one where the author was neutral - so that where there are issues to be tackled its not with blue tinted glasses nor green tinted glasses but one with real equity (for instance there were a lot of issues re: blue knights/ Deeds Brown / RST where some of our own supports comments/tactics could be open to critisism). The way the BBC handled the whole thing takes different perspectives as well (The initial investigation into Whyte is something that needed to be in the public domain - the way it was put together with EBT issues is worthy of critisism).

Yes. I wondered if one of the roles JT would take on in his Director of Communications job was to pen the full and complete unfettered truth as it known by Rangers having now presumably got full access to all the files Rangers hold. There will be a timing issue of course with Nimmo looming and reconstruction still miles away yet.

That said a book from the perpective of the knowledge that is publicly available sooner rather than later sounds ideal - to make sure that a credible account is on the streets and to counter spin, innuendo, suppostion etc masked as fact printed elsewhere. A series maybe appropriate. A sort of 'here is what we know to be the truth now' starter and structured so that it can be updated as more clarity and truth emerge so that in the end - when we kick off our first game in the CL again' it can be a complete story of the journey from Bears' perspective.

Best wishes with the venture if you decide to proceed.

This is the most important event in our clubs history and people out with the club have different perceptions or choose to ignore or pick and choose events as it suits them. A book to set the record straight is MUST.

Harry Handsome is correct when he says

'If indeed you do decide to write one please don't go down the road of having a pop at the other book and the fantasy included in it.'

What I admired most about the letters that you drafted were your ability to ask probing questions and put your points across without having blue tinted glasses on and having any digs at certain parties. I would imagine their would be a huge demand for this and even Rangers fans (myself included) would have been confused over certain processes of the administration and other events. I remember getting confused at certain points and my head was just hurting over everything and this could be helpful.

I would love to read your book D'art I think its something that needs to be done, you may need to write a follow up in a couple of years once the Rangers story has completely unfolded, you have the talent to do this don't think twice about it just do it. This would be one book I would rush out to buy get it done.

I'd be particularly interested in the chapter, or chapters, devoted to the paedohilia scandal at the piggery, and the great lengths they have gone to in their quest to have the whole episode forgotten, by using people like Alex paedophile apologist Thompson, and Graeme paedophile apologist Speirs.

In fact, you may need to write 2 books. 1 about our glorious club, and another about the disgusting child molesting green & grey hooped paedophile bheasts from the east.

I'd say go for it with a couple of simple caveats attached. Don't make your book in any way a response to the fiction currently on sale as this gives the impression of granting some credence to it, or publicity.Also, leave it open-ended as suggested above as there will be many further developments to come.Give a simple (or as simple as you can make this complex situation) straightforward account leaving out the hyperbole and delusional commentary that so characterised much of the reporting during the past year (other than to illustrate the evidence of the agenda against our club).

From my reading of your articles you are certainly well enough equipped for this task.Sic 'em D'art.

I think this book should be written,D'Art. There is certainly a case for such a book being penned from the perspective of a Rangers fan, as long as everything stated can be backed up by 100% facts.

It could arguably be one of the most important books ever written about our club,warts and all, so it really will be a massive project,but one I am sure that you could do with pride and honesty. :pipe:

D’Art, yes indeed there is definitely a requirement for a book that documents the events of the catastrophe that befell our Club during the last year but this would be no mean undertaking and whilst I admire your obvious talented ability with the written word would you be willing to sacrifice the time involved in creating a work of such great magnitude?

I'm surprised there's no publisher looking for a author to write a book telling the real truth about the past events with warts and all.

Now that Phil.White (or 3 names) has been shown to be a bigot and fantasist, even by some of his own, it's a must

There's always room for historicly acurate books, in fact if we need historicly accurate books.

I acknowledge that - though that doesnt seem to have prevented a biased and inaccurate "documentation" which you will find on sale in Waterstones.

No, it but it ought to have, and we as a support ought to be rather more careful. Passion is a wonderful thing, but it can also cloud one's judgement. Any such book, if it were to be of any value, should be written with an absolute adherence to and understanding of the facts, and it's unlikely that we have all that we need to know right now.

Of course, if it was simply a collection of fans' thoughts on the crisis then subjectivity would not be a problem, but I think being taken seriously by anybody except our own would be.

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

I ask because a number of bears have suggested I address this imbalance.

Yes there has to be a more accurate recording of the events of the past year or so. So much has gone on that has been either hidden or ignored by the mainstream media. And with a few court cases/tribunals still to be concluded there might be still be much to be revealed yet.

Considering that some people out there have little knowledge of our situation, including many fans, minus the Propaganda of McGobblegiver and co I would certainly back a book written from our perspective with some possible contributions from unbiased Journalists....if we can find some!

The woefull tome written by the failed journalist has been roundly slaughtered as purile and oppinionated. The temptation to answer claim with counterclaim is, understandably, difficult to resist but imo we meed to keep our powder dry for a wee while longer. We have shored up our club and its value as a solid and respectable institution, worthy of its place in the 21st century football community. I see this period as the time to wipe out the termites who'd chew away at our structure because they can't eat from the Rangers' bountiful table. A rush to print may pre-empt the findings of Nimmo and the kangaroo court. I also firmly believe that the full extent of criminality has been largely swept, swept, swept back into the dark corner from whence it emmanated ( and we all know who does sweep, sweep, sweep so extremely effectively ). If SDM can crack the tax conspiracy then the whole plot will gradually unravell , with the unavoidable consequence of the fall of the " house of cards "...........now there's the book I'd pay handsomely to read. btw D'Art, I acknowledge your sentiments and motivation. I look out for your posts and can assure you that it would be difficult to squeeze a fag paper between us in almost everything that matters in our demands for justice. I'm now convinced that we will only experience justice when it is accompanied by redress i.e. payback time is looming ever closer for the cabal.