***The Official Stirling Albion v Rangers Thread***

AlBear.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.

It's one step forward and two steps backwards again. Opening 20 minute aside we were flat, out of ideas and slack.

If only we could have built on our start, but the same problems keep showing up with us. The long ball rubbish has to end and how Ally fails to see this is beyond irritating now...you and I see so why can't those who train these guys?

Naismith and Little were the plus points for me tonight, worked hard and looked sharp. Same old story for Templeton, Sheils and Black though who need to do better consdering there talent.

Frustrated tonight and not for the first time this season.

This is really getting embarrasing now.

We have some SPL players who cant kick their own Arses.

Stirling Alnion players are on £250 a week at most, amd some of ours are on £10,000 a week.

I would get rid of our high earners ,and play only youth squad from now to end of season.

Our management / Coaching /FitnessTeam just arent up for it.

Andy Little and Lee Wallace are the fittest but the rest tire easily.

I worry about some of our young guys in this league who are a bit lightwieght .

Bit of extra in the wieghtroom me thinks.

Total keek ffs,Little should have won it at the end but that would have covered over a VERY poor perfprmance.Long balls,why?Every game we've won well this season,we've passed the teams off the park.This is not acceptable at all.........and a great turnout again,well done Bears :7325:

Stirling Alnion players are on £250 a week at most, amd some of ours are on £10,000 a week.

I would get rid of our high earners ,and play only youth squad from now to end of season.

aye we need played who are going to give their all and more for the jersey not just scrape by week in week out

somethings fundementally wrong here

and if this carries on we are going to be shown up by other teams in higher divisions

teams like stranraer :ohmy:

we are better than this surely!

**fook me can i not do a post without having to come back and fix up me typo's...** :7325:

I doubt very much that they are even on £50 pr week.

Atmosphere was flat tonight and after the opening 25 minutes, that was reflected in our play.

People underestimate the influence noise from the stands has, in my opinion. It fires down onto the pitch and gives the lads backing and roar to go on and challenge for the ball. Annan and Stirling are shocking away days, Clyde's another... bit dodgy.

First 25 minutes we were brilliant and that's the level we should be maintaining for the full 90. We would be sweeping teams aside. Feel the referee lost the game a wee bit in the end. 1st half he was pretty spot on then he began giving fouls that weren't and the like.

However, we weren't good enough in the end... not even close. Disappointed.

We're talking about full time professionals here.

The sheer embarrassment of being made to look equal to these part timers on a regular basis should be enough to motivate anybody with anything about them.

With such a commanding lead in the league I thought by now we would be playing attractive football and bringing on our youngsters.

We are appalling and if we don't raise our game considerable soon we are going to start losing the young fans next season.

too many players see the league as done and in the bag, they run about the park sometimes thinking 'where can i go on summer holiday' - they should be taking these teams apart, no quarter given, no mercy shown because it won't be the walk in the park they thought it would be getting to the top league - they need to develop a deep ruthless streak.

As much as it is frustrating as fuck when we play shite against teams like this, we need to remember that we are adapting to this level and that is always going to take time. Time and time again lower league clubs have beaten average SPL teams over the last 15-20 years and it would have to be said that our current squad are probably a level below most SPL teams at the moment. Sadly, when you analyse the spine of our team, we don't really have much. Our central defensive partnerships have all been poor all season and our central midfield partnerships don't seem to be working. Add to that the lack of a regular centre forward, the spine of our team is shockingly poor when you look at it. We have potential from our full backs and on the wing, but in the third division most of the play will go down the middle and that is where we are weak. We needed to get a central playmaker in and a quality centre half pre season, but we didn't do it and now we are suffering. Black has been our worst signing by a mile, but sadly we have no-one we can replace him with at the moment.