***The Official Stirling Albion v Rangers Thread***

AlBear.

Ally needs to drop some of these older players who simply don't have the fight, look at our 17s, they had the desire to claw back a 2 goal deficit. If we're thinking for the future barely any of our over 25 players have done enough to prove their worth and do not deserve to start every game with consistently poor performances.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really poor 2nd half - as if Ally told them the game was won.

I've seen nearly every game this season I have to say I see little general improvement in our play. We always say "it's about the points and not the performance" but this league is won so we need to fucking build something decent to watch on the pitch.

Our main problem is that our first instinct is the aimless long punt, it isn't to look for a smart pass.

As I can see so far, Ally's not capable of coaching that out of the lads.

I honestly think our coaching staff are telling them to play the long ball I don't think any of them have a clue as much as I admired ally when the shit was hitting the fan he is not a football manager .

Real leaders have the ability to motivate others when things are going bad.

How our management team can do that with their body language is beyond me. These wee boys will be looking for inspiration.

You also tend to see good managers shout instructions constantly.. Our manegerial team looks lost.

I honestly think our coaching staff are telling them to play the long ball I don't think any of them have a clue as much as I admired ally when the shit was hitting the fan he is not a football manager .

Apparently they are told to ignore the criticism and punt the ball long. A Walter trait.

Atmosphere was flat tonight and after the opening 25 minutes, that was reflected in our play.

People underestimate the influence noise from the stands has, in my opinion. It fires down onto the pitch and gives the lads backing and roar to go on and challenge for the ball. Annan and Stirling are shocking away days, Clyde's another... bit dodgy.

First 25 minutes we were brilliant and that's the level we should be maintaining for the full 90. We would be sweeping teams aside. Feel the referee lost the game a wee bit in the end. 1st half he was pretty spot on then he began giving fouls that weren't and the like.

However, we weren't good enough in the end... not even close. Disappointed.

The other problem, IMO, is that the players simply don't respect Ally as much as they did Walter and, as a result, don't fear him.

The players strained every sinue under Smith when defending because they knew he'd hang them otherwise - under Ally, the attitude is more lax.

The players can come out with whatever they want in the media, he's not got the fear factor that Walter had.

Awful second half, no drive and the quality of the final balls was worse than a school yard kickabout. Also the ref was disgusting, we should of had a stonewall penalty and then Wallace got hacked he let play go on.then the stirling player fell over or dived and Hutton got booked for kicking the ball away. :anguish:

Really poor 2nd half - as if Ally told them the game was won.

I've seen nearly every game this season I have to say I see little general improvement in our play. We always say "it's about the points and not the performance" but this league is won so we need to fucking build something decent to watch on the pitch.

Great post

Agree, think there has been some improvement though tonight was absolutely dire. Started well and then just went completely flat after the goal. Don't mind dropping points when we've missed hatfuls of chances. Tonight though, we were fortunate to get away with a point. Irritating

It's been deja vu all season, lazy defending and lack of invention in the midfield. The amount of times we have played really well can probably be counted on your fingers.

I'm starting to worry about the mental preparation the management team are doing. The players have the talent, they've been together long enough to know each others style so there is no excuses any more they have to go out onto the park wanting to destroy whoever is in front of them.

One last thing, it was mentioned in the commentary of the Dundee Utd game that our player's looked unfit and I thought that tonight, they looked like they were weighed down with bricks.

Andy Little's performance was the one good one. Must. Do. Better

You also tend to see good managers shout instructions constantly.. Our manegerial team looks lost.

They just stand there with arms folded

Getting so sick of the shite we are getting served up to us.

Ally has they players together everyday in a state of the art training complex

Stirling Albion players probably meet up twice a week after doing a 9-5 shift, as most teams in this league

I'm sorry but after nearly 8 months with this team of player I really don't think McCoist knows what he is doing.

We still look like a team of all new players

Not good enough, a big decision has to be made in the summer Charles