What if Charles Green influenced Gilmour?

Spectre

I simply think he'll have gone there & told him to stand up for his own beliefs/interests. After voting against us last summer, I really don't think Gilmour will have given a thought to our needs/wishes.

Absolutely shite all wrong with Green going along to speak to him....fuck, if Lawwell can some out in the press & say he's going to try & influence Ross County's chairman then he has every right!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear its perfectly acceptable to publically influence/persuade the Ross County Chairman to vote in favour of the fan-hated 12-12-18 proposal...even tho he was "undecided."

But complete skulduggery to be even seen in the same stadium as the St. Mirren Chairman. Who, incidentally, had already stated his intention to vote against.

It would be funny if it was a Hollywood subplot.

I haven't heard any radio phone ins today, but other fans must be spreading rumours.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour has threatened legal action against those who claim he sank league reconstruction talks in a bid to favour Rangers.

Gilmour joined with Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor to vote down Scottish Premier League plans for a new 12-12-18 set-up.

"These rumours sound like a conspiracy theory," said the St Mirren chief.

"Any club official who would suggest such a thing, we would look at it legally because it is slanderous."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22175390

Charlie said to Gilmour. " If you don't vote no, then I will tell everybody that your players lay down to Celic back in 1986."

Which denied Hearts winning the league that day and because Celic had to win by 5 goals, St Midden lay down and admitted it.

So Gilmour isn't on our side, he voted us out the sphell and sacked a director because he wore blue sunglasses and grew bluebells in his garden.

I simply think he'll have gone there & told him to stand up for his own beliefs/interests. After voting against us last summer, I really don't think Gilmour will have given a thought to our needs/wishes.

Absolutely shite all wrong with Green going along to speak to him....fuck, if Lawwell can some out in the press & say he's going to try & influence Ross County's chairman then he has every right!

It's a fair point they only had to look at the hole the mob mentality last summer has put the Scottish game in to realise it's about time they stopped following the leader

Personally if I am honest I am glad if he did. If they are going to be so sly and take our vote and try to destroy us we must canvas outside and bring people to fight in our place. I was as stunned as anyone that St Mirren wanted to do something that they would get such abuse for and whether they admit it or not does benefit us. I think the ridiculous reactions from the rest of 'Scottish football' has shown I hope what a bunch of bitter corrupt fools they are.

They say St Mirren did it for selfish reason well what are they doing it for, MONEY that is all. The fact that he 1st division teams are trying to find another silly solution, how about convince some fans to show up for your games or get the team to do better and they could win promotion?

I am very happy we are hopefully going to get our deserved promotion

Am I the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with it. As it happens I don't believe he did influence St. Mirren but if he did...

Look at the Yes vote brigade, what you had was a bunch of clubs who held opinions and who then attempted to influence other clubs to vote the same way. When Ross County came out and said they'd likely be voting no, the other clubs came out and said how they'd try and bring them round, influence them.

Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland, in the long term we will be the top team in Scotland again, in fact it's pretty short term, a few years so I actually see it as no different if one club, Rangers tries to influence a decision the way they want it whilst other clubs do the exact same the other way. The meeting yesterday wasn't jsut a vote, there was discussion beforehand and an attempt to brign round 2 clubs, what is the difference?

Spot on, if others can do it which they defo did then so can we. If we did lol fuck the lot of them :)

Somebody made my point for me on the Clyde 1 SSB after i'd posted it and the panel pretty much had to accept it, having already talked about Lawell trying to influence Ross County.

There was also a balloon (that they actually shot down for a change) who said that as he'd seen CG at the game this now meant that what had happened was CG had proimsed St.Mirren a load of our talented youths when we reach the SPL if they voted the way we wanted, It was laughable but shows the mentality of some of their fans that they create an entire fantasy off the back of seeing a guy watching the game.

The Charles Green love in goes on. Getting credit for things he's not had a part in now. Cringey and arrogant to say he influenced the vote.

While getting hammered by sections of his own support for others he's not proven to have had a hand in.

Ironic eh?

Or is it hypocritical?

Hmm

Lets put it this way.

For the last 2 years Liewell has been to meetings with SKY.Meetings alone with the SFA.Travelling around the country "persuading" other chairmen to follow their fans and Sporting integrity to kick Rangers out.Travelling the country "persuading" chairmen NOT to listen to fans and listen to him for the good of the game.

He is the Chairman of a member club yet his influence far outreaches the SPL and SFA chairmen..WHY????.It's none of his business.Unless he's actually running the game which our governing bodies deny and who would not believe Honest Stuart and stand up guy Neil eh?

So if Charlie had a wee word with Gilmour about the good of the game and to never let playground bullies win then well done Charlie.