Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

I didnt want to see him go if I am honest, although I am not surprised by this given the events of the last week or so. I didnt want any more change at this point as I feel that we now need a period of stability. Not sure who we will get in to replace him, but whoever it is will need to hit the ground running, as the share holders will demand nothing less, let alone the fans

This will lead to aother takeover imo. PM will own this club asap. :power_of_anguish: Were does this leave the re-shaping of the club that was underway.

For this, or anything like this to happen, people have to be willing to SELL their shares TO PM, and that is not likely to happen. He may get a shareholdings, but it would take MANY months to build up sufficient to get a controlling interest.

As for outright ownership - not going to happen.

Be disappointed if this is true, unless it is a step down until the completion of the internal investigation, which I would imagine will still go ahead, would have thought if he was concerned over the investigation he would have gone earlier in the week.

If it goes his way he comes back and has a board room clear out, just some musings.

why in your words a few pages back ally has blood on his hands with this fiasco?

He has been cute in his comments to the press and if you think Ally is beyond getting down and dirty then you re so far off the mark. He said in another post have pmd two people on here before today to give info and when'if it comes out I have back up.

Really I think the games a boggy , really I do, we have from where I sit a lot of mealy-mouthed nobodies on the board....................and standing on the sidelines people like mini , this does not give me any hope.

As already stated the investors dont believe so, the share price has gone up on the news!! And as a shareholder i think it was the right thing for Charles to do to protect his investment and that of those he brought on board.

I didnt want to see him go if I am honest, although I am not surprised by this given the events of the last week or so. I didnt want any more change at this point as I feel that we now need a period of stability. Not sure who we will get in to replace him, but whoever it is will need to hit the ground running, as the share holders will demand nothing less, let alone the fans

Like you I would have preferred him to stay, unless there is something we are not privy to in all these claims and statements. My big concern is who we get now, because we need a fighter and no one on that board fills me with confidence in that respect. Maybe I am wrong we can only wait and see

"Indicating" some to the board is similar to giving an offer is it not?

Does it mean it has to be accepted?

Maybe it's a ruse to see who contacted the BBC when they broke for lunch, then again, maybe I've been watching too many DVD's.

CG certainly had a large dose of "foot in the mouth" disease, but other than some real dodgy connections with CW, what the fuck has he actually down to warrant this type of action?

Just when we got he reconstruction debacle out the way as well.

Sounds like a never ending story of mayhem at Ibrox these days by all the rotten journos that report these speculations, then moan that they're sick of hearing about Rangers all the time.

As already stated the investors dont believe so, the share price has gone up on the news!! And as a shareholder i think it was the right thing for Charles to do to protect his investment and that of those he brought on board.

Share price can just as easily fall simple as that.................especially when doncasters name is linked with the CEO position.

I think CG did a lot of good for our club, however, I didn't fully trust him, especially when all this shit came out about CW. I really hope I am wrong but why is CG stepping down in the midst of this investigation? Hopefully coincidence!

The guy on SSN reporting from Glasgow looked as though he was delighted with the news! Obviously one of the mhanky mob

Charles gets his money back and we are left with an out of his depth manager and his poorly performing cronies all safely under the umbrella of a keep the heads down board. Sounds peachy.

Speaking of which, now Green is going do we need a token fan placater in the shape of Watty on the board, surely with real Rangers men in charge that is a position that becomes redundant.

He has been cute in his comments to the press and if you think Ally is beyond getting down and dirty then you re so far off the mark. He said in another post have pmd two people on here before today to give info and when'if it comes out I have back up.

so you have covered your own back, thats all good then.

if you are not aware if anything is true why say daft things like ally has blood on his hands giving the impression he is guilty of something, but hey you have pmd a couple of people to cover your own ass, shame you are happy to involve ally in near anything but wont allow him any benefit in the process, what a real gent you are and your comments would be more fitting on a scum board.

Ally is not the jovial chap that you see on tv all the time and has had an easy life of it re media and not being critised until CG told him the home truth about the football he is producing at the club. I truthfully cannot think of a worse Rangers team performance wise in the years I have been watching , for S Symon onwards and CG comes along and kicks ass , says what needs to be said and some cannot take it..........re the continuous call for real Rangers men on the board , I'm not one of those who think that's necessarily a good thing, they get comfy and just want to be seen lording it up in the Directors Box.

As I said my view is that from the inside the club that CG should expect backing , well it has not been there instead a concentrated effort to oust him and have a cosy wee set up again.

Agree with you ED.