Squinty eyes speaking sense for once....(Rangers related)

GOAT

How come it never worked here before?

What 70,000 fans going into grounds with carry outs, bottles of vodka, bottles of beer, standing in overcramped overcrowded conditions. Do I really need to answer that?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they organised it in a similar way to the Bundesliga, then that's all they'd be allowed.

Besides, the queues for the alcohol stands are usually massive. If you're only allowed one pint a time, I can't see too many people wanting to queue for many others.

To be honest, as long as it's well policed, I don't see a problem with it. Would add a bit more atmosphere to the games.

Aye the reek o pish running down the side of your leg.

In the stadiums here in Oz, there are licensed and unlicensed areas so if you don't want to be next to people who are boozing you buy a ticket for an unlicensed area.

The beers are served in plastic and are all mid-strength 3.5%. You can buy pre-mix cans of rum & coke, whisky & dry etc all around 4.5%. It's very expensive compared to the pub so you don't tend to have people skulling them down. Aussies are big pissheads just like the Scots and there never seems to bee much bother at the games which is drink-related.

Most fighting at sports (there was a mini riot at the tennis a while back) here is usually Leb/Serb/Croat/Macedonian etc having a go at each other

My oldest memory of Ibrox is from the 60's when Whiskey bottles were routinely handed around and then thrown.. Certainly times have changed and no problem with that. But I do think that we as a society need to be able to bloody well behave. And there's nothing wrong with having a few pints before -- and during -- the match imho.

If folk get out of control, get them out of the stadium and ban them for a few matches. If they repeat... then basically a ban for a year and so on. We can't just give in to the few.. they need to be educated that some behaviour is not acceptable. It's an education process and surely Football in general has a part to play here?

(tu)

What 70,000 fans going into grounds with carry outs, bottles of vodka, bottles of beer, standing in overcramped overcrowded conditions. Do I really need to answer that?

Or just bevvy, fitba, then more bevvy inevitably led to fighting?

You can get a beer at fitba, you go to hospitality.

But to bring it to the stands, where it's as available as fanta, will lead to trouble.

Absolute naivety or ignorance to suggest otherwise

In the stadiums here in Oz, there are licensed and unlicensed areas so if you don't want to be next to people who are boozing you buy a ticket for an unlicensed area.

The beers are served in plastic and are all mid-strength 3.5%. You can buy pre-mix cans of rum & coke, whisky & dry etc all around 4.5%. It's very expensive compared to the pub so you don't tend to have people skulling them down. Aussies are big pissheads just like the Scots and there never seems to bee much bother at the games which is drink-related.

Most fighting at sports (there was a mini riot at the tennis a while back) here is usually Leb/Serb/Croat/Macedonian etc having a go at each other

The riot at the tennis was hilarious! Who'd of thought!

Most grounds in Scotland sell drink, the rules / laws need to be changed to remove the class discrimination.

Drink is sold at Murrayfield and at Firhill when the Glasgow Warriors played there.

Again this is politicians & the Police looking down on football supporters as third rate citizens.

Or just bevvy, fitba, then more bevvy inevitably led to fighting?

You can get a beer at fitba, you go to hospitality.

But to bring it to the stands, where it's as available as fanta, will lead to trouble.

Absolute naivety or ignorance to suggest otherwise

No it wont. :lol:

How come it works everywhere else, I keep asking this and you keep making shite excuses. The idea that drink brings about all of lifes problems is over exaggerated. If someone goes to the fitbaw for trouble, drink doesn't change that. How anyone can have a problem with it is beyond me.

They must be desperate for cash. Worst idea ever.

Look what happened at Dundee a few months ago because the mhanky mob were steamin.

The wee chairman of Dundee said he hadn't seen scenes like it since the seventies (when you were allowed to bevy at games).

Getting drunk before a game is one thing but continuing to get even more drunk during a game is a recipe for a riot as proven in the past.

Lawwell is tying to think up ideas to keep HIS SPL afloat.

Fuck them all NAE BOOZE AT GAMES !!!!!!!!!!

Let them sink.

My oldest memory of Ibrox is from the 60's when Whiskey bottles were routinely handed around and then thrown.. Certainly times have changed and no problem with that. But I do think that we as a society need to be able to bloody well behave. And there's nothing wrong with having a few pints before -- and during -- the match imho.

If folk get out of control, get them out of the stadium and ban them for a few matches. If they repeat... then basically a ban for a year and so on. We can't just give in to the few.. they need to be educated that some behaviour is not acceptable. It's an education process and surely Football in general has a part to play here?

(tu)

Agree with the theory, not with the practicality.

We're restricted in what we can sing.

We're restricted on where we can walk at certain games.

Can't drink on buses trains going to games.

Certain banners aren't permitted.

Don't have to agree with these rules, but can understand why they are in place.

Alcohol is the curse of this country, folk can't handle it, and it is the root cause of most of the shit we see on our streets. You can't just tell them to behave, be educated, and they will be.

As much as I'd like a beer at the game, it's a rule I hope is never done away with.

Alcohol is the curse of this country, folk can't handle it, and it is the root cause of most of the shit we see on our streets. You can't just tell them to behave, be educated, and they will be.

As much as I'd like a beer at the game, it's a rule I hope is never done away with.

Know where you are coming from mate. Sad state of affairs tbh (tu)

Bevvy is not the root of all evil ffs.

Not talking about that, i wan't even born. Look at the Gallowgate for a start it is cunts like that will be attending torbett towers.

If it happens i hope they try it with them 1st as a trial and i hope they all punch fuck out of each other.

Hahahaha,that made me laugh,but good thinking.

No it wont. :lol:

How come it works everywhere else, I keep asking this and you keep making shite excuses. The idea that drink brings about all of lifes problems is over exaggerated. If someone goes to the fitbaw for trouble, drink doesn't change that. How anyone can have a problem with it is beyond me.

Where is this "every where else"?

Merseyside derbies where the fans walk to the games side by side?

The rugby where the fans booze together in the pubs before the games and self police well?

The tennis?

Scottish football and west coast behaviour isn't everywhere else.

Answer this, have you felt the hatred, the animosity, the vitriol between us and bheggars and sheep at previous games? if not, your head is in the sand. Would fuelling this behaviour with more alcohol have had no further impact?

I was at Pittodrie with the mrs and left after 20 minutes the game where the coins were flung and the old boy got punched. IMO that night was frightening, mostly cos of the drink in folk. Next game up there will be worse, but hey, have a beer to celebrate it?

When the bheggars next come calling at Ibrox, you are advocating selling alcohol to both sets of supporters?

The idea that drink brings about all of lifes problems is over exaggerated - are you for real? Fuck me you need to get out more and see the town on a saturday night chucking out time, or worse the A&E.

But there is no denying that booze for some is a very bad thing.... No.. it's not the root of all evil, but for some families, it is. Combined with a lack of employment opportunities will lead to trouble. Glasgow in its heyday had plenty of work but still... we have always had an alcohol issue.

Ultimately, the polis will decide and we know what they will say.

But there is no denying that booze for some is a very bad thing.... No.. it's not the root of all evil, but for some families, it is. Combined with a lack of employment opportunities will lead to trouble. Glasgow in its heyday had plenty of work but still... we have always had an alcohol issue.

Ultimately, the polis will decide and we know what they will say.

Police enforce legislation, not decide it.

Don't want this to become a bloody social work thread, but whilst bevvy isn't the root of all evil, it's at the root of a huge amount of the shit in this country of ours. I see it daily in my work environment, and listen to the police and health chiefs condemning it as the biggest obstacle they have.