Walter, Hart etc Going?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how the rst was wanting our shares to merge with theirs so they could be biggest shareholder, a day or two later board members are leaving along with the possability of green coming back, I guess the leaker gave a heads up to the rsa rst hmmm

if I'm right that sounds very suspicious

My thoughts also went down that route also, their drive for money always seems to follow the latest crap to hit the club and even sometimes prior to it...............now that the money coming in they come out with give us your proxy for the shares that you bought and we will use them, then all hell starts to break loose at the club.

Coincidence could be ...............then again :matron: surely not.

Walter Smith must be regretting the day he agreed to Charles Greens request that he take on the responsibilities of a non executive director.

In getting Walter Smith to agree to take this Directorship, Charles Green gained a man of integrity that the vast majority of our support trust to act in the best interests of the Club. It was a mark of quality assurance for Charles Greens regime and a clever move by CG.

Since agreeing to take on the role, it has become clear that Charles Green had been economic with the truth regards his relationship with Craig Whyte. If Walter Smith had known the full truth then I doubt very much he would have allowed himself to be used as a mark of endorsement.

Now Walter Smith is in a very difficult place. As a Director of a PLC he is governed by significant rules as to what he is able to communicate and the process by which communications with regards the business of Club can be made. The legal implications of breaching these rules are serious both for Club and Director. In many ways he has been effectively gagged by the very fact he is a Director.

Clearly there are problems within Ibrox. To try to apportion blame to one non executive director on the Board is farcical. If the non executive Directors start to resign then that is the time to be concerned. They have no real vested interest than their passion for the Club. To argue that Walter Smith should be discounted because he has not invested financially in the Club I absurd. Likewise to argue he is only interested in protecting his "£50,000" annual salary as stated on here is ridiculous- he is a wealthy individual who should be enjoying retirement rather than having to engage in this sort of situation.

When John Greig and John McClelland resigned from Craig Whyte's Board, it was it a clear message that something was seriously wrong, many of us however still did not really want to wake up and read the writing on the wall. If Walter Smith resigns we ignore it at our peril and will be effectively fiddling whilst Ibrox burns.

So lets get off Walter Smiths back and stop allowing the media to put us in a frenzy. However I would very much hope that a serious attempt is being made to discover who is responsible for leaking this stuff to the media- for who ever it is, they are doing the Club no favours- and no matter what esteem they have held or do hold with our support they need to be removed.

Had a fucking nuff of all this shite the all thing drags you down starting to feel like the rangers we all know and love isnt there anymore perhaps

Same here bud, bit like the immigrants must have felt when torbet got jailed, re all the love gone from the club :7325:

Had a fucking nuff of all this shite the all thing drags you down starting to feel like the rangers we all know and love isnt there anymore perhaps

The Rangers I know and love is the Rangers who run out the tunnel at Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon in the famous blue jersey, not a bunch of squabbling power hungry businessmen sitting in a board room . The Rangers I know and love will ALWAYS be there .

Love the game hate the business

So here we have it again. I dont know what walter brings to the boardroom, he could be a fantastic director, he could be shite.

However anyone who doesnt believe he is in there kicking and screaming and trying to do whats best for the club is off their head. He and guys like hart make most fans feel at ease.

I find it strange folk are willing to back guys we know fuck all about over one guy who has gave the majority of his adult life to this club. Im worried, we are a mess and it looks like green like the bastard before him has won over a large percentage of rm.

Remember, this is a battle for our club and at this minute and id rather stand behind walter, ally and hart than a group of guys id never heard of just 11 months ago.

Walter Smith must be regretting the day he agreed to Charles Greens request that he take on the responsibilities of a non executive director.

In getting Walter Smith to agree to take this Directorship, Charles Green gained a man of integrity that the vast majority of our support trust to act in the best interests of the Club. It was a mark of quality assurance for Charles Greens regime and a clever move by CG.

Since agreeing to take on the role, it has become clear that Charles Green had been economic with the truth regards his relationship with Craig Whyte. If Walter Smith had known the full truth then I doubt very much he would have allowed himself to be used as a mark of endorsement.

Now Walter Smith is in a very difficult place. As a Director of a PLC he is governed by significant rules as to what he is able to communicate and the process by which communications with regards the business of Club can be made. The legal implications of breaching these rules are serious both for Club and Director. In many ways he has been effectively gagged by the very fact he is a Director.

Clearly there are problems within Ibrox. To try to apportion blame to one non executive director on the Board is farcical. If the non executive Directors start to resign then that is the time to be concerned. They have no real vested interest than their passion for the Club. To argue that Walter Smith should be discounted because he has not invested financially in the Club I absurd. Likewise to argue he is only interested in protecting his "£50,000" annual salary as stated on here is ridiculous- he is a wealthy individual who should be enjoying retirement rather than having to engage in this sort of situation.

When John Greig and John McClelland resigned from Craig Whyte's Board, it was it a clear message that something was seriously wrong, many of us however still did not really want to wake up and read the writing on the wall. If Walter Smith resigns we ignore it at our peril and will be effectively fiddling whilst Ibrox burns.

So lets get off Walter Smiths back and stop allowing the media to put us in a frenzy. However I would very much hope that a serious attempt is being made to discover who is responsible for leaking this stuff to the media- for who ever it is, they are doing the Club no favours- and no matter what esteem they have held or do hold with our support they need to be removed.

All based on assumptions, I only like facts so far there have been conflicting reports one paper saying this and another say that. I would rather wait and get a statement from Rangers themselves to clarity what has been going on. My own thoughts on MM will go as the he called for the investigations which I am sure will clear CG. Personally I think this is the reason MM has received a vote of no confidence as the board have all ready had an interim report which does not look good on MM making his position very difficult to remain. As for SWS every time some happens he walks away he did it once and I am sure he will do it again, however if the rumour is true it will be around December before he goes. What it clear is someone within the Board our out with is stirring shite and all this infighting is made public instead of behind closed door. Personally I agree with one the other posters on hear I thin Gos clear the board out and start again and bring board member that can make decision and have a leader that can steer Rangers to greater things

So here we have it again. I dont know what walter brings to the boardroom, he could be a fantastic director, he could be shite.

However anyone who doesnt believe he is in there kicking and screaming and trying to do whats best for the club is off their head. He and guys like hart make most fans feel at ease.

I find it strange folk are willing to back guys we know fuck all about over one guy who has gave the majority of his adult life to this club. Im worried, we are a mess and it looks like green like the bastard before him has won over a large percentage of rm.

Remember, this is a battle for our club and at this minute and id rather stand behind walter, ally and hart than a group of guys id never heard of just 11 months ago.

For me it isnt about backing anyone it is about getting this shit sorted for the good of the club and moving forward stronger.

I do feel Charles Green did a great job before he was removed due to alledged and i stress alledged links to our disgraced former owner so would love to see him return but keep his mouth closed on the crazy promises a bit.

Walter Smith has my support for what he achieved for the club as manager and with Ally as a player however that doesnt mean they are suited to their current roles and if they need to leave to allow us to move forward and get stronger then that might not be the worst thing to happen.

I DONT CARE WHO WINS THIS BOARDROOM STRUGGLE AS LONG AS THE CLUB AND TEAM ON THE PARK WIN WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE.

Part of the duties of a NED (Non Executive Director) is to oversee the board and make sure they are doing there jobs. In that respect Walter leaving would raise questions about who is now providing some boardroom governance.

It may be Walter is simply not suited to the task as NED's typically should have some experience in a boardroom enviroment prior to being offerd/taking on that role.

@kilwinning loyal.

For all greens big statements etc. He walked away without so much as a wimper.

Imo it was because of all the stuff with whyte the investigation if indeed it clears him puts Green into a very strong postion and leaves him totally free to come back and run the club.

Nothing Charles Green did or actually does in the future will ever be good enough for some people connected with the club FF and the RST mainly as they seem to hate him and used whyte as a stick to beat Green with at every turn (as is their perogative) but take that ammo away by dunt of the indepentant investigation and stepping down temporarily and allowing the investigation free reign at him suddenly seems very wise and clever imo.

All based on assumptions, I only like facts so far there have been conflicting reports one paper saying this and another say that. I would rather wait and get a statement from Rangers themselves to clarity what has been going on. My own thoughts on MM will go as the he called for the investigations which I am sure will clear CG. Personally I think this is the reason MM has received a vote of no confidence as the board have all ready had an interim report which does not look good on MM making his position very difficult to remain. As for SWS every time some happens he walks away he did it once and I am sure he will do it again, however if the rumour is true it will be around December before he goes. What it clear is someone within the Board our out with is stirring shite and all this infighting is made public instead of behind closed door. Personally I agree with one the other posters on hear I thin Gos clear the board out and start again and bring board member that can make decision and have a leader that can steer Rangers to greater things

I would agree I made some assumptions- but not as to Directors responsibilities or the rules governing their conduct. If WS is unhappy with the direction the majority of the board is wishing to take, and feels it is so serious that it compromises his own integrity, then he in his current has no alternative course of action but to resign as a non exec director. This is not necessarily running away- it could be perhaps be proving he is not just a yes man who takes the silver and sits silent.

I do agree with you very much reference the absolute need for leadership and for the leaks to stop. However the leadership of Rangers Football Club has to be delivered transparently and with integrity. We are more than a Football Club, how we and our representatives behave is actually in my opinion more important than results on the pitch.

Aye Ready

Imo it was because of all the stuff with whyte the investigation if indeed it clears him puts Green into a very strong postion and leaves him totally free to come back and run the club.

Nothing Charles Green did or actually does in the future will ever be good enough for some people connected with the club FF and the RST mainly as they seem to hate him and used whyte as a stick to beat Green with at every turn (as is their perogative) but take that ammo away by dunt of the indepentant investigation and stepping down temporarily and allowing the investigation free reign at him suddenly seems very wise and clever imo.

Charles Green must be recognised for what he achieved and the fact that we are still playing football at Ibrox. For this I am most grateful. The problem I see developing is that if you compliment CG you are seen as part of the Ally and Walter must go camp, and if you comment favourably on WS and AMcC then you are in the CG is corrupt camp. That is not healthy environment for intelligent debate aimed at furthering the interests of Rangers Football Club.

Charles Green must be recognised for what he achieved and the fact that we are still playing football at Ibrox. For this I am most grateful. The problem I see developing is that if you compliment CG you are seen as part of the Ally and Walter must go camp, and if you comment favourably on WS and AMcC then you are in the CG is corrupt camp. That is not healthy environment for intelligent debate aimed at furthering the interests of Rangers Football Club.

it is sad that we are divided like this and.the reason i never wanted fan ownership was exactly this split but for myself and im sure most of us we back the club with no agenda.

Walter Smith was appointed for one reason only, to gain the trust and support (money) from the ordinary fan. He was never going to play a integral part in CGs plans.I would place more importance on what Iain Hart does next as he is closer to Charles than any of the other "Rangers Men" on the board. Will he stay loyal to Walter or does he believe in what CG is doing,that for me would tell us a lot more than anything else about how the club is being run at present.

Its not true either, and also assumes that CG and WS are the ones at logger heads. I wonder if we will ever find out the truth regarding this.

I was sceptical of Green at the beginning however the work he put in and the success he made of the IPO is very impressive in the current financial climate, once the investigation clears him I will be delighted if he returns to the board.

I also admire Smith hugely and take great comfort from him being on the board at this time.

Its not true either, and also assumes that CG and WS are the ones at logger heads. I wonder if we will ever find out the truth regarding this.

I was sceptical of Green at the beginning however the work he put in and the success he made of the IPO is very impressive in the current financial climate, once the investigation clears him I will be delighted if he returns to the board.

I also admire Smith hugely and take great comfort from him being on the board at this time.

it was the womderful fans we have that made the IPO a success not Green.

I would agree I made some assumptions- but not as to Directors responsibilities or the rules governing their conduct. If WS is unhappy with the direction the majority of the board is wishing to take, and feels it is so serious that it compromises his own integrity, then he in his current has no alternative course of action but to resign as a non exec director. This is not necessarily running away- it could be perhaps be proving he is not just a yes man who takes the silver and sits silent.

I do agree with you very much reference the absolute need for leadership and for the leaks to stop. However the leadership of Rangers Football Club has to be delivered transparently and with integrity. We are more than a Football Club, how we and our representatives behave is actually in my opinion more important than results on the pitch.

Aye Ready

Fair comments, On SWS in any business you will not agree with everyone around a table but you all sit round the table and talk it out, I agree I never thought SWS was a yes man tbh, but on the surface every time there seems to be conflict SWS quits I have so much respect for the man but he needs to stand up and be counted not quit or threat to quit when it doesn't go his way.

it was the womderful fans we have that made the IPO a success not Green.

Institutional investors bought £17m worth of shares, with supporters committing in the region of £5m. It would have been a success with or without the fans I think, though they certainly contributed.