Walter, Hart etc Going?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Total conjecture, lies, innuendo, call it what you like.

The Scottish mhedia are playing us, and, 4 pages in, lots of bears are falling for it.

Throughout last summer, they lied and lied again, they are still lying, so why do some of us still believe these lies.

For instance :- BBC kick off with "Board trying to oust MM with no confidence vote".

Any Chairman who loses a no confidence vote has no option but to stand down, end of. So bbc say "trying", this is utter pish.

The LSE would have been made aware of this, if true.

Todays papers have the same story of boardroom upheaval, but can't agree who is on who's side.

In the past 12 months, all these stories (once upon a time) have the same format, with the love of scaremongering, and always carry the same words, such as, sevco, oldco, newco, administration, liquidation etc etc. It's the same shit regurgitated.

So don't fall into their trap bears, we have class, unlike them.

it was the womderful fans we have that made the IPO a success not Green.

Compare how much the fans put in to how much Green managed to get from institutional investors.

If it had just been the fans money alone we would be skint by now.

Total conjecture, lies, innuendo, call it what you like.

The Scottish mhedia are playing us, and, 4 pages in, lots of bears are falling for it.

Throughout last summer, they lied and lied again, they are still lying, so why do some of us still believe these lies.

For instance :- BBC kick off with "Board trying to oust MM with no confidence vote".

Any Chairman who loses a no confidence vote has no option but to stand down, end of. So bbc say "trying", this is utter pish.

The LSE would have been made aware of this, if true.

Todays papers have the same story of boardroom upheaval, but can't agree who is on who's side.

In the past 12 months, all these stories (once upon a time) have the same format, with the love of scaremongering, and always carry the same words, such as, sevco, oldco, newco, administration, liquidation etc etc. It's the same shit regurgitated.

So don't fall into their trap bears, we have class, unlike them.

Post of the year

it was the womderful fans we have that made the IPO a success not Green.

I agree the fans invested a huge amount of money at a difficult time; but do you know the percentages invested by institutional investors compared to fans?

So much for Walter being a fighter etc

I don't think it's a positive but it's not a negative either IMO

What I will say is we can be doing without the additional hysteria - fans going into to meltdown etc

Hopefully now is means McCoist is back on a shakey peg

So much for Walter being a fighter etc

I don't think it's a positive but it's not a negative either IMO

What I will say is we can be doing without the additional hysteria - fans going into to meltdown etc

Hopefully now is means McCoist is back on a shakey peg

If Walter really has something substantial to tell he has to tell it straight away rather than letting hysteria go on and on.

If Walter really has something substantial to tell he has to tell it straight away rather than letting hysteria go on and on.

If Walter has something to say you can be guaranteed Keith Jackson will tell us first. :wink:

I agree or he's just another so card Rangers man adding flames to the fire and allowing hysteria to contine - which isn't in our interests

So here we have it again. I dont know what walter brings to the boardroom, he could be a fantastic director, he could be shite.

However anyone who doesnt believe he is in there kicking and screaming and trying to do whats best for the club is off their head. He and guys like hart make most fans feel at ease.

I find it strange folk are willing to back guys we know fuck all about over one guy who has gave the majority of his adult life to this club. Im worried, we are a mess and it looks like green like the bastard before him has won over a large percentage of rm.

Remember, this is a battle for our club and at this minute and id rather stand behind walter, ally and hart than a group of guys id never heard of just 11 months ago.

I'm yet to really see what Charles Green did wrong, or wrong to the extent that he had to leave anyway, without proper explanation i'm not just going to assume Walter is right. So really I don't think it's as simple as backing one side or another, nothing at all is clear.

to be honest we shouldn't even really be caring about all this board humdrum , how many other clubs fans in the world have to think about all this pish ? we should focus on footballing aspects and leave the business to the businessmen

I agree the fans invested a huge amount of money at a difficult time; but do you know the percentages invested by institutional investors compared to fans?

think fans own somethng like 10% of the whole club not sure though just a guess at a time when the country is in recession and in the run up to Christmas that is amazing.

Having said that i was and still am against fan ownership as i just dont see how it could work for us with the division amoug us.

Even on this site people argue all the time without bringing the FF, Gersnet and Do the Bouncy lots opinions into consideration and all of the forums are only a snapshot of the wider supports viewpoints unity for boardroom decisicons would be almost impossible.

Though every single person who bought shares is a credit to the club and helped save us.

to be honest we shouldn't even really be caring about all this board humdrum , how many other clubs fans in the world have to think about all this pish ? we should focus on footballing aspects and leave the business to the businessmen

That worked out well in the past though we need to keep abreast of every level of our club now and not just let the businessmen run roughshod over us anymore.

@kilwinning loyal.

For all greens big statements etc. He walked away without so much as a wimper.

I don't agree that he has walked without a whiper, I think he has moved out of the limelight for a while. I don't think we have seen the end of CG, and your earlier comparisons with whyte I don't fully agree with either.

Whyte came here and stopped paying bills. CG came here, got us back on our feet, helped secure massive investment.

He paid his bills on time and also paid a lot of debt that we didn't technically need to pay as it was oldco's.

He didn't sell off parts of our hitory and was pretty up front in most of his actions. He came out in october last year and told us he had dealt with CW for his shares.

think fans own somethng like 10% of the whole club not sure though just a guess at a time when the country is in recession and in the run up to Christmas that is amazing.

Having said that i was and still am against fan ownership as i just dont see how it could work for us with the division amoug us.

Even on this site people argue all the time without bringing the FF, Gersnet and Do the Bouncy lots opinions into consideration and all of the forums are only a snapshot of the wider supports viewpoints unity for boardroom decisicons would be almost impossible.

Though every single person who bought shares is a credit to the club and helped save us.

I like the fan ownership idea. I know as a fan base we don't agree on much but that's irrelevant IMO. Board members are elected every couple of years and the club is run by them.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund seem to be able to overcome the difficulties.

I like the fan ownership idea. I know as a fan base we don't agree on much but that's irrelevant IMO. Board members are elected every couple of years and the club is run by them.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund seem to be able to overcome the difficulties.

More united than we are though and in different enviroments with huge tv and sponsorship deals in theory it could work for us but i like one owner to run the club but not a crook or someone who is only in it for himself like Murray also i would like transparancy in this situation to.

More united than we are though and in different enviroments with huge tv and sponsorship deals in theory it could work for us but i like one owner to run the club but not a crook or someone who is only in it for himself like Murray also i would like transparancy in this situation to.

I don't think they are any more united than us and I certainly don't ever want a single owner again.

Walter Smith must be regretting the day he agreed to Charles Greens request that he take on the responsibilities of a non executive director.

In getting Walter Smith to agree to take this Directorship, Charles Green gained a man of integrity that the vast majority of our support trust to act in the best interests of the Club. It was a mark of quality assurance for Charles Greens regime and a clever move by CG.

Since agreeing to take on the role, it has become clear that Charles Green had been economic with the truth regards his relationship with Craig Whyte. If Walter Smith had known the full truth then I doubt very much he would have allowed himself to be used as a mark of endorsement.

Now Walter Smith is in a very difficult place. As a Director of a PLC he is governed by significant rules as to what he is able to communicate and the process by which communications with regards the business of Club can be made. The legal implications of breaching these rules are serious both for Club and Director. In many ways he has been effectively gagged by the very fact he is a Director.

Clearly there are problems within Ibrox. To try to apportion blame to one non executive director on the Board is farcical. If the non executive Directors start to resign then that is the time to be concerned. They have no real vested interest than their passion for the Club. To argue that Walter Smith should be discounted because he has not invested financially in the Club I absurd. Likewise to argue he is only interested in protecting his "£50,000" annual salary as stated on here is ridiculous- he is a wealthy individual who should be enjoying retirement rather than having to engage in this sort of situation.

When John Greig and John McClelland resigned from Craig Whyte's Board, it was it a clear message that something was seriously wrong, many of us however still did not really want to wake up and read the writing on the wall. If Walter Smith resigns we ignore it at our peril and will be effectively fiddling whilst Ibrox burns.

So lets get off Walter Smiths back and stop allowing the media to put us in a frenzy. However I would very much hope that a serious attempt is being made to discover who is responsible for leaking this stuff to the media- for who ever it is, they are doing the Club no favours- and no matter what esteem they have held or do hold with our support they need to be removed.

A voice of reason at last,we better waken up and smell the grass (no pun intended?) before it is too late!!! When John Grieg and John McClelland left it began to ring alarm bells in my head,this seems to be no different imo!!!!¨

People are making some very wild assumptions about what is happening at our club. We have no idea what the dispute is about so we can't decide who to back.

People are saying back Walter but back him on what? We don't know?

It could easily be that Walter disagrees with the Cost cutting and change of manager which means I wouldn't support him

it could be about the investors who they are in which case I would be worried!

I find it telling that despite all these leaks we still have no idea who the factions are our what it is they fundamentally disagree about!

THis place at times ffs. I never thought I would here the day when our fans are digging at one of the greatest Rangers ever in Walter Smith. I am only back the current board due to Walter being on it. If he walks then I want the people in charge to sell up.

Walter wants whats best for The Rangers.