Walter, Hart etc Going?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter Smith leaving the board is not a positive. We need all the help we can get there as it is a shambles at the moment and Smith leaving means there are not many trustworthy people there at all.

He has not resigned as far as I know.

As for trusting him at Board level, it seems to me Green brought him on board and he has then been fighting Green at every turn. Not convinced WS is a positive at Board level at all. Walter has not put any of his money into Rangers as far as I know.

I think I want Charles Green back at the helm , but Walter is one of the greatest living Ranger , when he speaks I listen, and when he acts I take notice.

Selfishly as much as Id like him to spill the beans , Walter will know when is the right time to speak publicly about issues behind closed doors.

He has not resigned as far as I know.

As for trusting him at Board level, it seems to me Green brought him on board and he has then been fighting Green at every turn. Not convinced WS is a positive at Board level at all. Walter has not put any of his money into Rangers as far as I know.

Is he taking any money out?

If he has been fighting Green all the way, it hasnt been for the benefit of Walter Smith.

Things are looking a bit dicey. I'm not keen on the 'old boys' monopoly, but I'm also deeply unnerved by all of these recent board games. We're left trying to guess who is next to fall into the mouse trap and who is running the operation (none of us really have a clue though). Sorting this backroom stuff out is no trivial pursuit. If we get it wrong again, we seriously risk bringing about our downfall.

Rangers desperately need stability on and off the pitch

We need a board who are all pulling the same way and have the best interests of the club at heart, no personal agendas or such like.

at the moment there is way too much inner turmoil at the club: if there is going to be any real progress then this has to change

we need a united and positive front

It is the least that Loyal fans deserve

Is it maybe not the case that they all supported an 'independent' enquiry, and if another thread on here is to believed, the interim report is clear for mr green, do you not just think they are removing themselves as they failed to stand by big chuck and watched him going through this whole procedure has left them with egg on their face??

Is it maybe not the case that they all supported an 'independent' enquiry, and if another thread on here is to believed, the interim report is clear for mr green, do you not just think they are removing themselves as they failed to stand by big chuck and watched him going through this whole procedure has left them with egg on their face??

Rangers desperately need stability on and off the pitch

We need a board who are all pulling the same way and have the best interests of the club at heart, no personal agendas or such like.

at the moment there is way too much inner turmoil at the club: if there is going to be any real progress then this has to change

we need a united and positive front

It is the least that Loyal fans deserve

I think we all agree with this. It may be that it will take one faction to win a battle before things settle down.

Is he taking any money out?

If he has been fighting Green all the way, it hasnt been for the benefit of Walter Smith.

Someone on another thread says he is paid 50k/year - I do not know if this is true.

I would hope all the directors are fighting for Rangers FC, but have different points of view or strategy to go forward.

I still think this will all end as Harte being named new chairman, Walter n co goin nowhere and mr green coming back into his office as CE. Green is not one to keep his mouth shut, i still think hes done wat we all wanted him to do, take a step back until the investigation is conpleted andWhyte goes to fk. With Whyte around everyone jumps when he says boo, even though biggest shyster there is. MM has done his job but i think he ll step aside, with Mather permant CEO

none of this speculation will end until the report comes out shortly then normallity will hopefully return.

also side note

this mole feeding information? to bbc? does any of it come true!?

Charles Green is the only man I care about being on the board. He deserves that position, he's a leader.

Walter, with all due respect, is a football manager. If he leaves the board I'd be no more than slightly annoyed. We need businessmen on the board to push us forward.

Would of liked hart to of stayed from what people have said of him, but for Smith it was always a token gesture and from Green and I guess he expected Smith to just sit quietly in the corner and not interfere in things, which he may or may not have done.

As mentioned, if as suspected the investigation is going to find in favour of Green, then all those that opposed him for "good of the club" will be in untenable positions, if CG comes back vindicated, how long do you think these people would last, no love lost with MM, folk may have backed the wrong horse.

funny how the rst was wanting our shares to merge with theirs so they could be biggest shareholder, a day or two later board members are leaving along with the possability of green coming back, I guess the leaker gave a heads up to the rsa rst hmmm

if I'm right that sounds very suspicious

The club’s non-executive director – along with manager Ally McCoist about the only man inside Ibrox that the supporters identify with – is so frustrated at the shambles inside the boardroom that he is considering his position.

If the former manager does decide to jump ship it will be a devastating blow to the club’s credibility in already difficult times.

The most recent drama to engulf Rangers was a report yesterday suggesting chairman Malcolm Murray is set to leave.

The man taken to Ibrox by former chief executive Charles Green a year ago is reported to have lost a vote of no confidence at a board meeting.

My understanding is he is hanging on to power and is unlikely to be pushed out until the end of the month.

Fans won’t lose any sleep over Murray’s eventual departure but the news Smith is disillusioned will have panic bells ringing.

The former manager has attended two fraught board meetings at Ibrox this week, and along with one other director was horrified Green joined proceedings via a conference call despite no longer being actively involved.

Green is, of course, still a shareholder.

Further news that will anger fans is the ongoing independent inquiry into links between former owner Craig Whyte, Green and ex-commercial director Imran Ahmad – an investigation called for by Murray – is likely to continue for another couple of weeks at a cost of around £500,000 which the Ibrox club can ill afford.

Rangers last night refused to confirm or deny these revelations. daily mail.

The club’s non-executive director – along with manager Ally McCoist about the only man inside Ibrox that the supporters identify with – is so frustrated at the shambles inside the boardroom that he is considering his position.

If the former manager does decide to jump ship it will be a devastating blow to the club’s credibility in already difficult times.

The most recent drama to engulf Rangers was a report yesterday suggesting chairman Malcolm Murray is set to leave.

The man taken to Ibrox by former chief executive Charles Green a year ago is reported to have lost a vote of no confidence at a board meeting.

My understanding is he is hanging on to power and is unlikely to be pushed out until the end of the month.

Fans won’t lose any sleep over Murray’s eventual departure but the news Smith is disillusioned will have panic bells ringing.

The former manager has attended two fraught board meetings at Ibrox this week, and along with one other director was horrified Green joined proceedings via a conference call despite no longer being actively involved.

Green is, of course, still a shareholder.

Further news that will anger fans is the ongoing independent inquiry into links between former owner Craig Whyte, Green and ex-commercial director Imran Ahmad – an investigation called for by Murray – is likely to continue for another couple of weeks at a cost of around £500,000 which the Ibrox club can ill afford.

Rangers last night refused to confirm or deny these revelations. daily mail.

Wilson in gherald saying Green took no part, which would beg the question why no SE announcement about the vote.

Quite frankly is they don't have the stomach to stay , then they should bugger off now..................what a weak bunch they rae, are these not the real Rangers men everyone goes on about.............well don't think so if they are walking away.

Only thing about that article in that rhag is the story is under the name of Gary Ralston, rather than the dyed blonde questionable jacko........

This is what I feared when Green went. If we have no unity on the board how can we have it within the fans ?

If that goes, the club is at risk

The dark side know this which is why they have been targeting it the past few weeks.

Come back Charlie and bring your ass kicking boots.