Moyes confirmed as man utd manager 6yr deal

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a big gamble by United, Moyes is a decent manager at Everton with low expectation levels but hes never won a trophy, virtualy no European experience and little experience of handling big established world stars (Rooney was just a kid at Everton) Mourinho would of been a better choice for handling the pressure but Moyes has the staying power that United love, Jose would of won a few titles/CLs then fallen out with everybody and left, Moyes will try to build a legacy, will he beable to do it? Time will tell but he will have to be given time, as much time as Fergie got at first maybe and modern football rarely gives anybody time anymore.

It makes sense getting Moyes in, can see what they're trying to do, but building up a legacy on the back of Ferguson's success (or even trying to continue it) is a very ambitious move from United. Despite the reservations with Moyes (doing nothing in Europe, not beating a top 4 side away) I think it is the right decision to appoint him as manager. I mean, who else could they get? Mourinho is obvious one but it's clear they're looking for long term success rather than a few seasons of winning trophies before needing to find a new manager again. Go down that road and they could end up like Chelsea, and no one wants to end up like Chelsea.

Having said that, this is fantastic, I know this Hitler clip has been overdone but still...

[/media]

Wonderkid Moyes soon caught the eye of Celtic scouts as a stalwart for Bearsden Academy’s team — despite being a fan of rivals RANGERS.

One pal said he was “slagged rotten” when he signed schoolboy forms with the Hoops aged 13.

Good lol.

Wonderkid Moyes soon caught the eye of Celtic scouts as a stalwart for Bearsden Academy’s team — despite being a fan of rivals RANGERS.

One pal said he was “slagged rotten” when he signed schoolboy forms with the Hoops aged 13.

Good lol.

Looks like he really threw himself into the part.

2yy8fb8.jpg