Ally eyes up 4 deals

I would rather we had a natural CB not a Daly / McCulloch shoehorned into the team / position for the sake of it mate.

My mate who is a utd fan says the majority of them think daly is a better CB than striker....I take your point though about shoehorning players in, something ally is very guilty of but he is solid and a good leader, which might help the likes of hegarty, gasparato, Mitchell etc....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing for sure McCulloch will be shoehorned into the team.

If we've got Clark, Little, Hemmings, Daly and McCulloch for the lone striker (if Coisty continues with that painful system) then at least one of them will be shoe-horned in elsewhere.

Would rather get Boyd in than Daly to be honest but Daly is a good SPL striker. Would be very with Clark and Law though.

The trouble with good SPL players is that they don't seem to be so good in the lower divs, which makes me wonder why we need them at inflated wages, which is the real cost of these prima donna's. It's better to get a squad full of decent, hard working 1st & 2nd div players, mainly because that's where we'll be playing for the next couple of years.

When we're in the 1st, maybe then we can start introducing more talented and expensive players. And don't lets for get about developing our youngsters also.

I would be surpriseed if we saw Boca and Goian in a Rangers strip again. I saw the other day Boca was strongly linked with a move to the MLS. Good money, back home, still in the international frame.

My mate supports Motherwell and when we were linked with him first I asked him without him knowing we were linked who their best player was and he said Law. He is also in the SPL TOTY.

Spending money on Bosman signings. Who does he think he is?

That intheknow account said daly was wanting 17k/wk!

If true, then the taig is trying to price himself out of a move.

If we were to offer him even half of that, we would be back in div3 quicker than you could say KAT.

If Nicky clark can score 37 goals for QOTS how many could he score with us?

Probably a lot less given that they finished with more points and a better goal difference in a more challenging league.

That's without even considering our unadventurous long ball pish style of football, and our managers tendency to play footballers out of position.

We are not Dundee Utd, so why people think because they play football with Daly in it will be same with us. We will play him centre back or as a target man on bloated wages for the 2nd division. There is no need for this type of player.

Rewind 12 months ago and people were close to topping themselfs because we didn't expand our scouting any further than the British isles.

That intheknow account said daly was wanting 17k/wk!

If true, then the taig is trying to price himself out of a move.

If we were to offer him even half of that, we would be back in div3 quicker than you could say KAT.

If that was true then it should be a definite no-no.

Rewind 12 months ago and people were close to topping themselfs because we didn't expand our scouting any further than the British isles.

There would be another bunch topping themselves if we didnt sign players from the Spl.

Based on a these players signing, how would they all fit into the line up? I know it's hard to say whether they'll all be fit at the same time but someone will have to be on the bench. Especially if McCoist plays with one up front. I personally like Templeton playing just off the front so who would play that one striking position: little, McCulloch, Clark or Daly?

Does it matter where they are from, why this fixation with SPL players? I thought it was the standard of football that was by far and away the most important factor. After all it must be since winning didn't seem to have pacified many.

We need to sign the youngest, best talented players currently available regardless of where they play football.

Is this about re-building a talented footballing squad for the future, or building a team for as little as possible to get us out of the 2nd division.

I think we need to make our mind up.