Season ticket renewal

Season Ticket renewal  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing your season ticket regardless of the current boardroom situation?

• Yes, unconditionally
    • No, I will be holding off
    • Yes, unconditionally if I had a ST
    • No, i'd be holding off even if I had a ST
    • Not renewing for other reasons

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill still go to all the aways just going to pick and choose what Ibrox games I go to

When McCoist goes ill consider another season book but even then if its still handwringers and happy clappers as bad as it was last year I'll probs no bother

New agers make it clear people like me aren't welcome at Ibrox this day and age they will get their wish - when we started out in division 3 it was a real chance to push on and get a core support ready and all guns blazing but we've went backwards and turned into loads of wee fannies as a support

Agree with this......but the new agers and wee fannies were always there.

But they are only vocal in an internet forum where they can hide anonymously, never hear them at a match.

So you don't like what's happening on and off the park and your solution is to - throw money at it and hope for the best.

Its what being a football fan is all about, follow follow and all that, regardless of whats happening atm I will purchase, the shit wont last forever, you are supporting The Rangers not a board member/manager/individual player ,we are supporting the boys in blue. Yes there is plenty wrong but there would be a whole lot more wrong after starving the club of the season book money, fuck me my old man followed Alloa all his life and I think they might have won a corner once, abandon the club when there is at most a blip in the big picture, not for me.

I also don't understand what good 'holding off' does - I really just can't see the point - an EGM is the only way to sort the spat on the boardroom and that is happening - and the outcome is out with my control ( except I will vote my shares on the resolution) and withholding the cash just will do more harm - exactly what we don't want to do!

Season ticket boycott to what end?

bought 2 26th year and not stopping now.

you say bought ? Are they out yet and I've not had my renewal? I will renew and hope and pray for more entertainment than we've had last season as from November onwards home games were as bad as a visit to the dentist.

There are board room battles going on in football clubs across the country. Just because NON Rangers people point out that we have a skirmish happening every chance they get does not mean we should think about walking away.

Get Rangers back where they belong. Buy your ST and do not listen to the sly fox trying to tell you to boycott the club you love.

If I was able to, I would be at every single game Rangers played. Not buying ST stifles the growth of the club: no new players, no ground updates etc etc.

Yes the football this season was pish - we still won the league by a country mile.

Yes the boardroom struggles are not what we want right now.

Yes, fans are divided on Ally.

So what? support your TEAM, not the boardroom.

As pissed off as i am at the moment with the way our club i being run, i could not bring myself to not renew. But as Scarkev also said, these guys will still get their money and it will be the players that lose out and that is the most important thing. It is a very very difficult predicament but i hope that no one judges anyone for not renewing for the right reasons.

Agree with this......but the new agers and wee fannies were always there.

But they are only vocal in an internet forum where they can hide anonymously, never hear them at a match.

Well that will be down to common sense. Lets be honest, what do you think would happen to the person that spoke up?

Withholding season ticket money does nothing but damage the club....if you choose not to renew fair enough (I know I have considered it based on the lack of progress and style under ally) but doing it because you don't trust the owners/board is pointless as they will still get their money all that will happen is the likes of Macleod, Wallace etc will get sold....no players will get bought and ticket prices will rise....

Getting some clarity on ownership issues and the boardroom stuff is essential and getting some sort of fan representation would help but "starving them out" is a concept that will just destroy us!

Pretty much spot on. Those in charge will take their money before it goes to the team.

you say bought ? Are they out yet and I've not had my renewal? I will renew and hope and pray for more entertainment than we've had last season as from November onwards home games were as bad as a visit to the dentist.

Sorry - blame my poor English, again - sentence should read "bought 2 season tickets now for 26 years so not stopping now"!

My bad

I dont think the renewals are out now but my good lady deals with them so they could be!

Never had a ST due to work and family commitments .hoping to get 2 for me and my wee boy for next season but won't know until end of summer whether it is feasible ( access and financial) .what is going on at the club isn't going to make a difference to whether I will or not .

So you don't like what's happening on and off the park and your solution is to - throw money at it and hope for the best.

My solution is to Follow Follow my team. Bill Struth famously said there would be times when things would be bad and that we would persevere. I've watched Rangers with some awful players in the past and we improved immeasurably afterwards. I see no reason to think we will not improve. Frankly, after this season it would be impossible to be any worse. However, the Club needs our support without which we could actually die. If you cannot understand that possibility then you clearly have no grasp of our Club's financial situation.

For a variety of reasons I don't think I can renew immediately but I'm hoping to do so very soon.

Nobody wants the club to suffer without season ticket money but at some point the fans have to use whatever power we can to invoke some positive changes. Unfortunately, without a visble focal point, any such protest is probably doomed to failure anyway.

Pretty much spot on. Those in charge will take their money before it goes to the team.

Prior to administration RFC paid out £832k to the directors. That was basically Bain and McIntyre because they actually worked for the club as CEO and finance director respectively. Bain was paid £633k of that. John Greig (if I remember correctly) got less than £20k.

The new board payments were as follows: Green as CEO £360k; Stockbridge as Finance Director £200k; Malcolm Murray £60k; Hart £40k; Walter Smith £50k; Cartmell £40k; Smart £40k. Ahmad was £350k as Commercial Director. Green has gone and Mather is now CEO probably on a reduced salary. Cartmell is supposedly leaving (of his own decision) and Ahmad is gone.

Those paid for doing nothing are Smith, Murray, Hart, Smart and Cartmell. If they all only took a nominal fee of say £10k per annum then I wouldn't bother but they take out £230k for nothing.

Prior to administration RFC paid out £832k to the directors. That was basically Bain and McIntyre because they actually worked for the club as CEO and finance director respectively. Bain was paid £633k of that. John Greig (if I remember correctly) got less than £20k.

The new board payments were as follows: Green as CEO £360k; Stockbridge as Finance Director £200k; Malcolm Murray £60k; Hart £40k; Walter Smith £50k; Cartmell £40k; Smart £40k. Ahmad was £350k as Commercial Director. Green has gone and Mather is now CEO probably on a reduced salary. Cartmell is supposedly leaving (of his own decision) and Ahmad is gone.

Those paid for doing nothing are Smith, Murray, Hart, Smart and Cartmell. If they all only took a nominal fee of say £10k per annum then I wouldn't bother but they take out £230k for nothing.

I cannot believe Watty is drawing 50k from the club phewwwwwww someone said years ago he loves the money.............

I cannot believe Watty is drawing 50k from the club phewwwwwww someone said years ago he loves the money.............

I was surprised as well. I can understand a nominal fee for the non-exec directors as they are all financially secure anyway. They get expenses on top as well. I'm disappointed that Smith, Murray and Hart are taking such sums. Don't know much about Cartmell and Smart to be honest although I doubt that RFC money will make much difference to them.