Hearts to enter Administration

http://www.dailyreco...n-today-1958653

HEARTS are on the verge of being plunged into administration this afternoon.

Record Sport can reveal that crisis-ravaged Edinburgh club are to announce at the court of session in Edinburgh later today that they intend to appoint accountancy firm KPMG as administrators.

Chief executive David Southern will also brief staff at Tynecastle over the development which will leave their jobs in jeopardy.

Hearts will now face starting next season in the SPL with a 15 point deduction for breaching the top flight’s new insolvency rules.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have been in Admin when their parent company declared themselves insolvent, but that would have wrecked the SPL's takeover of the SFL. I bet they won't show any sporting integrity and vote them down to the third division or fine them 160,000 either.

They are fly

Waiting this time means they avoided instant relegation from the season there

Now they have done this early as they have until the start of August to come out of admin so it's not an automatic 15 points

They have been fly or very smart

They should have been in Admin when their parent company declared themselves insolvent, but that would have wrecked the SPL's takeover of the SFL. I bet they won't show any sporting integrity and vote them down to the third division or fine them 160,000 either.

Since when did administration result in going down to the Third Division?

Here was me despairing that the fun had gone out of Scottsh football until my faith was restored on this good news. I am not enjoying jumping on Hertz grave and I will say exactly that at the Champagne party I throw later tonight.

"Hearts will go into administration within the next 24 hours.

Papers have been lodged with the court of session in Edinburgh to formally begin the process.

KPMG will be the company taking on the administration of the troubled Tynecastle club, while staff have been informed of the situation.

If Hearts remain in administration by the opening of season 2013-14 in August, a points deduction of 15 points would be incurred.

Players were not paid last week as Hearts continue to struggle with a cash shortfall.

And the Scottish Premier League outfit then placed their entire squad up for sale, claiming they needed £500,000 to keep them running over the summer.

That followed the threat of a winding-up order after Revenue and Customs threatened action over an unpaid £100,000 tax bill, although the majority of that sum has been paid.

Hearts owe £15m to Ukio Bankas, which has been declared bankrupt.

The liquidator of the Lithuanian bank can sell the 29.9% shareholding it has in Hearts as well as Tynecastle Stadium, which was held as security for the debt.

In addition, another £10m is due to the club's Lithuanian parent company, UBIG - who have close to 50% of the shares and is claiming insolvency.

A liquidator with the power to sell UBIG's Hearts shares will only be appointed if the company's bankruptcy is formalised.

All the assets of UBIG have been frozen by the Lithuanian courts."

The bit ive highlighted in red doesn't seem right to me.

Hearts were not given a deduction as the SPL judged that they hadnt suffered a administration event last season so if it happens after the last game of last season then surely the points deduction should automatically take effect next season. Seems grossly unfair that you could go into administration every summer and reduce your debt in theory if you wanted. Hearts were quick enough to put the boot into us when we went into Administration so I am very keen to see them get booted about as much as we were,