*The Official Rangers 4 vs 1 Brechin Match Thread* Hegarty, Law, Black, Shiels

I don't mean to get anyone too excited, but I'm coming up for this one and...

Last season I managed 7 games:

5-1 v East Stirling

5-1 v Elgin

4-1 v Montrose

2-0 v Peterhead

2-0 v Stirling Albion

4-0 v Queens Park

1-0 v Berwick

Now I know that's a small pool of results for any meaningful stats, but that's a 100% win rate when I'm in attendance. :D

Expecting the streak to continue tomorrow. :21:

For the sake of RM I hope so to :pipe:

Essentially the same team as last season but with 2 triallists - presumably Daly and Law. So same defence but minus Alexander. Opposition knows to thump high balls into the box and chances are they get some reward from that. 80% goals lost last season were from set pieces (apparently). No Jig. No Templeton. No idea who will play RB. Cribari just back from injury and not up to match speed. No Alexander.

Oh and I see from the Rangers website that Ally has done his homework (picture of him pointing to the sky). Well weather forecast is dry, some sunshine ...... and a 10mph wind from the SW.

There will be server meltdown if Rangers do not win. We'll see soon enough how much has changed from last season and whether the grand tour of pre-season starts to pay dividends. I hope it does.

Essentially the same team as last season but with 2 triallists - presumably Daly and Law. So same defence but minus Alexander. Opposition knows to thump high balls into the box and chances are they get some reward from that. 80% goals lost last season were from set pieces (apparently). No Jig. No Templeton. No idea who will play RB. Cribari just back from injury and not up to match speed. No Alexander.

Oh and I see from the Rangers website that Ally has done his homework (picture of him pointing to the sky). Well weather forecast is dry, some sunshine ...... and a 10mph wind from the SW.

There will be server meltdown if Rangers do not win. We'll see soon enough how much has changed from last season and whether the grand tour of pre-season starts to pay dividends. I hope it does.

Ach came on for a nice we dose of positivity for the first competitivev home game of the season but that was one of the most downbeat negative posts I have read today !!

So I'm looking forward to seeing law and Daly playing for us tomorrow - Law looks a great prospect for us and I am sure Daly will be an outstanding performer over the season and I hope he scores his first goal for us. With a few injuries and jigs suspension some of our youth will also get game time and its always good to see them in action. Full house, a wee flag unfurling, sunshine and as I am taking the train a few pints before and after - really looking forward to the day!

This is what I think we will see -

Gallacher

Hegarty Faure Cribari Wallace

Black

Crawford Law Macleod

Daly Little

I wouldn't play either Hegarty or Crawford. I'd rather MacAusland was at right back and Crawford hasn't had a great start to the season. Wonder if Murdoch will get a surprise start?

This is what I think we will see -

Gallacher

Hegarty Faure Cribari Wallace

Black

Crawford Law Macleod

Daly Little

I wouldn't play either Hegarty or Crawford. I'd rather MacAusland was at right back and Crawford hasn't had a great start to the season. Wonder if Murdoch will get a surprise start?

Hopefully McAusland gets the nod ahead of Hegarty for the right back position.

Would rather see Aird than Crawford, although I don't think Crawford has been too bad in the opening games. He's not the most technically gifted player but he is a goal threat IMO. What makes you think he hasn't had a great start to the season mate?

Hopefully Barrie McKay comes on in the second half as he is very dangerous and always positive.

Hopefully McAusland gets the nod ahead of Hegarty for the right back position.

Would rather see Aird than Crawford, although I don't think Crawford has been too bad in the opening games. He's not the most technically gifted player but he is a goal threat IMO. What makes you think he hasn't had a great start to the season mate?

Hopefully Barrie McKay comes on in the second half as he is very dangerous and always positive.

Crawford has mostly played wide right and he has been a bit anonymous. I'd much rather he got a decent run of games playing more centrally, maybe behind the striker(s) because as you said he is a goal threat.

Crawford has been mostly played out wide right and he was a bit anonymous. I'd much rather he got a decent run of games playing more centrally, maybe behind the striker(s) because as you said he is a goal threat.

I'd rather see him playing more centrally too, think that's where he would be most comfortable. Can't really see him getting a chance there though with the players we have that can play there such as Black, MacLeod, Hutton, Law, Peralta and Shiels who has played in behind the strikers a few times.

Is Andy Murdoch a CM? Heard he had some good touches when he came on vs Newcastle.

I'd rather see him playing more centrally too, think that's where he would be most comfortable. Can't really see him getting a chance there though with the players we have that can play there such as Black, MacLeod, Hutton, Law, Peralta and Shiels who has played in behind the strikers a few times.

Is Andy Murdoch a CM? Heard he had some good touches when he came on vs Newcastle.

Yeah that's why Crawford is played out wide, simply due to the players ahead of him. Murdoch is a central midfielder, don't think I have ever seen him play, but like yourself I heard he played well against Newcastle.