Do some fans enjoy the soap opera more than the football?

I can put my hands up, I only joined RM when the crunch came, followed the football, but when That happened last year I wanted to get involved, chat with others, came from Bellshill, then 15years ago i moved to Fife (like outer space) and found they dont have the same passion as I feel.

TBH i feel i became a bigot with all of this, something I thought i had left behind, but i cant get rid of the hatred to what they done to us, and so, I blame DM, Whyte, SFA, SPL All they small other clubs and never trusted Green when he popped up on our telly.

My first game back for over 20 years was the first game against East Fife at Ibrox, and that wasnt defiance as some journos spluttered, it was about PASSION and PRIDE of who we are, Tears in the eyes that night, same when I saw Sandy last week unfurl the Flag.

Football has taken a back step these last couple years, and I yearn for the day when we are back where we belong and having a smile on our faces again for being back on top, Again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no I dont enjoy it more than the football - thats ridiculous, but there is no doubt the soap opera has a higher profile than our football at the moment and its only natural that people will comment their opinion on it.

I know fuck all about boardroom politics - but i am surely allowed my opinion on whats going on due to its affect on the club?

It's like some sort of parallel universe on here at times. It's just the nature of a message board though, full of obsessive types who like to pretend they know more than the average Bear.

Those with the loudest voices tend to drown out everything else as well.

Ah well, as soon as we drop some points we can all get back to the pro/anti Ally cluster fucks.

(tu) agree with a lot of that

The boardroom battles bore me. I have such little knowledge about the functioning of a business and all this share stuff etc, I am in no way qualified to give an opinion on it. Not to say I don't take an interest though.

I fucking love watching rangers play football however.

Not naming any names, but it seems that some fans almost enjoy the soap opera our club has become. It amazes me how much time they invest in discussing matters they can not possibly know much about. Discussing the situation is fine, but getting ridiculously worked up and constantly pretending you know more than others is pathetic. Most of us know a bit about football, so lets talk about that a bit more instead of gossip and rumours about stuff that may or may not have happened for fuck sake.

A fair point mate....I think some revel in all the drama and hysteria, some are just weak minded and believe everything they read and react to that without taking the time to think about it and then others (and I include myself here) get caught up arguing about opinion not factual information.

There are quite a few on here who you never see post on a football/match thread yet are all over all the assumption based claims and rumours made against the club.....arguing about the football, who should play where etc, discussing historic games, famous players, traditions and history of the club etc are the things in an ideal world we would be discussing but to be fair it's far from an ideal world at the moment....I do hope though that one day the football threads will outnumber the others....but when a thread about chris graham attracts 30+ pages of comments whilst a thread about our youth teams attracts just a handful of responses it's safe to say thats a long way off

A fair point mate....I think some revel in all the drama and hysteria, some are just weak minded and believe everything they read and react to that without taking the time to think about it and then others (and I include myself here) get caught up arguing about opinion not factual information.

There are quite a few on here who you never see post on a football/match thread yet are all over all the assumption based claims and rumours made against the club.....arguing about the football, who should play where etc, discussing historic games, famous players, traditions and history of the club etc are the things in an ideal world we would be discussing but to be fair it's far from an ideal world at the moment....I do hope though that one day the football threads will outnumber the others....but when a thread about chris graham attracts 30+ pages of comments whilst a thread about our youth teams attracts just a handful of responses it's safe to say thats a long way off

Spot on kev. Even some of dart and jcs excellent blogs get 2-3 pages yet chris graham attracts 30 pages we are miles off of concentrating on just the football

Yep a good few on here don't post fuck all about the football. They post digs at ally, digs at anything remotely resembling "rangers men" and post like fuck in boardroom threads,

Never to be seen on match threads, transfer news (unless its to criticise). You guys will know who I'm on about its the same in every threads about the board.

I don't know how they can be arsed going over the same old stuff again and again

Agree with this.

There's some posters I don't think have ever mentioned football.

Someone made a cracking suggestion about having a boardroom thread.

Quality shout. I joined a few weeks ago and this topic seems to dominate for obvious reasons. Whilst I like to be kept up to date with what's going on, these usually end up slagging matches about something else and I have no desire to get tore into fellow supporters especially over the internet and also when I won't pretend to know the facts.

This is all just pale and insignificant when it comes to 3 o'clock on a Saturday, only its not 3 o'clock, it 7:45 on a Friday. We need to get back to the days when the boardroom is just something that exist in the background to make sure the best possible team goes out on a match day.