rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

I'm not happy about this as I had every intention of going to this one. I was just about the book the ticket yesterday but didn't have the phone number at hand. Luckily, I was going to do it today, then this news changed my mind as I can't order and wait to see when the hell it will be played. Does seem as thought Ally thinks we've got a very weak squad if he wants to assert his right to call this one off.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A cowardly decision with not a thought for all the fans who have booked to go to this game. Some are hundreds of pounds out of pocket as a result of this disgusting decision.

5 point lead in the league and it's only October. And McCoist is now telling us that with the size of the squad he has he isn't confident of beating Dunfermline at home.

Sooper Ally ....the coward

Thanks fella , Poxy situation have to just make the best out of so im still coming up regardless and thats a good option (tu)

Its crap for the fans who have forked out and the club do this. We should be more than capable of beating Dunfermline with what we have. Shudder to think what will happen if Wallace, Law Peralta and Macleod all end up injured or suspended for a match. Last game was initially postponed due to MacLeod and Aird. Anyway get yourself up to the Masons Arms.

Its a scandelous decision to call off the game but I dont think fans should have a go at the manager or the club for the timing of the decision, the club's hands were tied until the International squads were announced, the fact the last game was called off should be a big indication that our games will always be called off if we have enough players away on National Duty

I feel for fans who'll lose out on money and have wasted time off work for this but a wee quick look at the international football calendar and the fact the game may not have been played because of the Ramsden's Cup semi final would have given you some inclination this game was never certain for the 12 October.

You can't ask the manager, the board, the SFA etc to have some foresight when you've not had much yourself. Harsh but true.

We should seek to put out our best team in this competition where we can. Our squad should cope with injuries and suspensions but why should we volunteer to play with a weaker squad? Clearly the correct decision, or we should not have signed the players we have.

I feel for fans who'll lose out on money and have wasted time off work for this but a wee quick look at the international football calendar and the fact the game may not have been played because of the Ramsden's Cup semi final would have given you some inclination this game was never certain for the 12 October.

You can't ask the manager, the board, the SFA etc to have some foresight when you've not had much yourself. Harsh but true.

No game at this level should ever be called off for the lack of a few players. It's not La Liga is it

Plus some of us have jobs where leave is hard to get when you want it

We should seek to put out our best team in this competition where we can. Our squad should cope with injuries and suspensions but why should we volunteer to play with a weaker squad? Clearly the correct decision, or we should not have signed the players we have.

We signed so many players in order to be able to handle players being missing surely?

Nothing to do with the strength of the squad. Everything to do with SPFL who arranged the fixture list & shortsightedness of TV executives who arranged to cover this match. Did they not think any Rangers players would be good enough to be called up for International duty? If Ally's actions fuck up the TV deal, good for him. Must say, though, I do feel for Bears who have made travel arrangements. Lesson - stay clear of long distance travel on International weekends.

I honestly thought with the way the game was being advertised etc that it wouldn't be called off.

It doesn't affect me hugely on a personal level but it's very short notice for many.

True! It's very inconvenient for many, but most of all, it just doesn't seem necessary to call off for a Dunfermline game at home

The whole point of a fan forum is for fans to voice their opinions.....many aren't happy with this decision for a variety of valid reason and it was ally that made this decision so it's understandable frustrations are vented towards him in this instance.....

He's been called a 'shitebag of a man', a 'bottler', a 'coward' and a 'shite manager' in this thread alone. Including from people from in and around Glasgow who won't be majorly inconvenienced by this.

The whole point of a fan forum is for fans to voice their opinions.....many aren't happy with this decision for a variety of valid reason and it was ally that made this decision so it's understandable frustrations are vented towards him in this instance.....

And TWB is voicing his opinion too, what's the problem? You have a go at our Manager, he defends him.....

He's been called a 'shitebag of a man', a 'bottler', a 'coward' and a 'shite manager' in this thread alone. Including from people from in and around Glasgow who won't be majorly inconvenienced by this.

I admit that in anger I called him a shite manager.

I do feel this is the case because, among other reasons, I do not think he is up to the job if he cannot cope against virtually pub teams without a few players.

I do not however make or agree with personal comments attacking him as a man rather than a manager

Some of those terms may be uncalled for but how do you know those living in and around glasgow won't be inconvenienced? If it's a midweek game then work commitments may restrict some who have paid for a season ticket....I know a few guys who play junior football and can't make Saturday games normally and they were really looking forward to this....it's a stupid decision when you take into account the players we have available and the potential that Wallace, perralta and Macleod may all be injured or suspended come the rescheduled game....will we ask for another postponement?

Why does anyone honestly have a problem with this? Why should we go into our biggest game of the season minus a couple of important first team players? Good on the club. I still think we should just have told Scotland to go and take two fucks to themselves though.

The facts of the matter are we have a squad big enough and good enough to cover a couple of players who are not going to be there.

It's dumfermline ffs.

This just shows our manager is not confident in the players he has brought to the club to do the job, it's a horrible decision.

He deserves the bashing for this.