Wee Novo on Sky Sports News having a pop at McCoist

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to hear ex-players having a go when they are no longer at Rangers. Nacho should have seen Ally about this in my opinion, instead of doing it in this interview.

This (tu) I love wee Nacho but i fully understand Ally not bringing him back and its sad to see sour grapes in the mhedia from Nacho.

To take this back onto civvy street, I've applied and interviewed for a fair few jobs over the years.

Sometimes people involved in recruitment just break contact and give you nothing, in spite of however much time and money you've spent on the process. It frustrated the absolute shit out of me.

If you're involved in a situation like that with anyone, just be man enough to say, "No, sorry... we're looking at other options."

Make the call, send an email... it'll take a few minutes at the most. Leaving people blowing in the wind is unacceptable.

To take this back onto civvy street, I've applied and interviewed for a fair few jobs over the years.

Sometimes people involved in recruitment just break contact and give you nothing, in spite of however much time and money you've spent on the process. It frustrated the absolute shit out of me.

If you're involved in a situation like that with anyone, just be man enough to say, "No, sorry... we're looking at other options."

Make the call, send an email... it'll take a few minutes at the most. Leaving people blowing in the wind is unacceptable.

Novo was never in for an interview or even involved in our recruitment process. He's an ex employee we allowed to use our facilities.

I would rather not judge either given the fact we are only getting one side.

Nacho was good for us at one point and I admire his loyalty to us, however...the correct decision was made. I really can't think that Ally would be so dismissive towards an ex team-mate as well as someone who brings in the money with appearances not just for our club, but Rangers Supporters pubs too although I am aware he gets his fee too, but I bear him no grudges on doing his bit whilst earning a living too.

Good luck at Morton Sir :) xxx

Sorry if it's been posted, just seen his interview

Says he's got no time for people who won't talk to him and he's disappointed that someone he's known for so long can't return a call or respond to him

He didn't seen too happy tbh

I don't blame McCoist for not signing him - it was the right decision but it's a bit shite if he's never had the decency to let him know

Before TWB or someone says it, I've not made this thread for the sake if Ally bashing I just thought his comments were interesting and worthy of a thread

mccoist has done this a few times....done the same with Weiss.....hope he doesnt think he is a billy big baws and should conduct himself in a more respectful manner to former players who only want to come back for the love of the club

I mind seeing an interview with ally and he said that novo wouldn't be offered anything.

Ally should have text, tweeted or called him.

Nacho shouldn't have gave interviews like that. Both come out quite badly and the papers/tims will love this

I mind seeing an interview with ally and he said that novo wouldn't be offered anything.

Ally should have text, tweeted or called him.

Nacho shouldn't have gave interviews like that. Both come out quite badly and the papers/tims will love this

You are not getting a 3rd like from me, but agree he shouldn't be talking to press given their current behaviour on all things Rangers. Was it live coverage on sky interview with Novo or did they possibly edit bits out?

You are not getting a 3rd like from me, but agree he shouldn't be talking to press given their current behaviour on all this Rangers. Was it live coverage or did they possibly edit bits out?

No newspaper interviews and then one with Ssn by the sounds of it.

Yer allowed to give me 3 likes al not tell anyone :(

No newspaper interviews and then one with Ssn by the sounds of it.

Yer allowed to give me 3 likes al not tell anyone :(

ready to throw the effing phone out the window!! Lol I'll give you a cheeky wee like tomorrow if I'm on and you post something else I agree with, haha :lol:

Okay so could be edited, although general consensus seems to be, Ally may have history of snubbing fellow players? Still need to keep the dirty linen away from the mhedia though.

I would love to exact my annoyance of ex bosses in past through the public, however it's a pointless exercise in reality.

I'm going to go ahead and back up Novo here if what he's saying is true.

It seemed to me maybe Ally would sign him if he had funds but Ally didn't have funds.

I think Ally should have told him I'm sorry Nacho. I don't want you but your happy to come and train.

That would have been a good deal for him to get fit here.

“You need to know Ally McCoist – he is a nightmare when it comes to answering phone calls or whatever. It has never happened and he has never said anything to me at all.

“I was told after the Legends game against AC Milan at Ibrox that he would have a chat with me but it didn’t happen. That told me a lot of things. When someone doesn’t say anything, you just need to try to think of other options.”

If that's the quote it puts neither Ally nor novo in a bad light - some folk taking a negative slant based on this - sad - fking sad!

Love wee nacho but I think he ha got the wrong end of the stick here.....none if us know what was said privatly but nacho mentions ally using the media to say what he will do etc.....if memory serves me right ally was 100% non-committal on resigning novo and said we would have a look and he was welcome to train....

Truth be told I wouldn't have signed him anyway....we need to move forward. Just like with Alexander, sentiment gets you nowhere in football....

Love wee nacho but I think he ha got the wrong end of the stick here.....none if us know what was said privatly but nacho mentions ally using the media to say what he will do etc.....if memory serves me right ally was 100% non-committal on resigning novo and said we would have a look and he was welcome to train....

Truth be told I wouldn't have signed him anyway....we need to move forward. Just like with Alexander, sentiment gets you nowhere in football....

Good point.

I'm sure there will be some on here asking that Ally resign if we don't win this weekend. I know we're not playing, but, technically, we won't have won a game, so the calls will surely come that unless Ally gets three points and more than 5 goals in a non-existent game, he should resign.