Wee Novo on Sky Sports News having a pop at McCoist

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely believe not signing him is the correct decision, and if he wasn't given even a small indication of getting a contract then you can argue he's being petty here.

Would be interesting to hear McCoist's side.

It is a tough one as I'm sure McCoist doesn't want to upset a former player and fans favourite like nacho.

So when novo was speaking to every member of press he could before the legends game telling them he wants to come back, it puts ally in a tough spot. The honest answer would have been to just say no, but that's almost disrespectful. So he lets him train with us. Says he's great to have round the place which I'm sure he was, then he stops training with us.

At that point I'm not sure McCoist is obligated to call him and if he hasn't done, it shows how much nacho cares that when he's not heard anything and he's expressed disappointment. Unless ally has said he'll be getting a deal I think nacho only has himself to blame for touting the idea to the media, rather than McCoist letting him down.

Players on trial or in contract negotiations are not signed - we can't offer the contract to every player on trial or there would be no point having a trial.

I don't know if you've misunderstood the gist of what I was trying to say or not?

I based what I said on the recent situation where we were told that both Pandza & Zaliukas had been offered deals. We were told officially multiple times that those deals were on the table for both players. My point is that if those reports were true, then WTF was going on? We clearly couldn't afford to sign both players without punting a defender or two first, so why would they both have been offered deals at the same time?

I don't know if you've misunderstood the gist of what I was trying to say or not?

I based what I said on the recent situation where we were told that both Pandza & Zaliukas had been offered deals. We were told officially multiple times that those deals were on the table for both players. My point is that if those reports were true, then WTF was going on? We clearly couldn't afford to sign both players without punting a defender or two first, so why would they both have been offered deals at the same time?

How do u know they were offered at the same time?

I don't see how this is relevant to nacho novo at all

I don't see how this is relevant to nacho novo at all

My original point was just an agreement with Alex when he said - "I think Ally might have led him on a bit about a new contract" and I went on to say that I think other players recently have been led on too. The comments from Pandza suggest this to be the case.

It's pretty poor to make any judgements of Ally McCoist's personal conduct when we only have one side of the argument. Plus AM has rather a lot on his plate- to be answering questions as to whether he may or may not have given a player who was not getting a contract the appropriate communication. As said before- have great regard for Novo.

It has been well known for a while why nacho thinks McCoist did not resign him? He told very good friends and reliable sources when he was at the Bristol in Dennistoun. We all thought he would go back, But even back then it was a non starter. But Nacho to his credit never ran to the papers. Good luck at Morton wee man.

The thing with Nacho, I love him but as it became clear he was not going to signed, his constant turning up at all the games, 20 mins in, everyone singing his name etc, it was a distraction to the current team. Since then there has been many articles that he has been so publicly snubbed and mistreated so why in all honestly is he choosing to still turn up and doing the half time draw recently and the evening with Nacho and now Tours with Nacho.

I know he loves the club and they love him but 'if' he's been treated so poorly why does he really want to do it all? Also if he is so unwanted at the club why are Rangers allowing him to do it??

It's all very strange and then him doing the draw at hampden, he seems to be everywhere ?