bawsburst

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no I mean pauk murray mark dingwall and chris graham

I believe your just speculating and reading too much from the statement.

The calling out I would say is more the Rangers haters rather than the Rangers family members but why have stability when we can keep the infighting going....

If DK joins as Chairman then he should have the experience, clout, business know-how, City connections, and hopefully a quality of leadership for a Board to get on and do the job he correctly says it needs to do to propel Rangers back to the very top. If the requisitioners persist with a court case on legal technicalities (which they may not win anyway) they risk creating the impression of looking to continue to force an unnecessary divide among Supporters and Shareholders and continuing with an agenda of destructive spoiling tactics since they have put no tangible constructive plans for the future on the table nor said why they are more competent and better qualified than the current Directors to lead the Club going forward.

Timing the statements for release on a Saturday gives the requisitioners a day to think about withdrawing their court case and to indicating that they would be willing to work with the current Directors and DK as Chairman for the collective good of the Club. That is not to say that there could be additional appointments to the Board - for example as non-exec directors - that would go some way to satisfying their aspirations. Perhaps they could even put in charge of the remuneration committee. Mather and Stockbridge made it clear after the Ibrox town-hall meeting they would have accepted Frank Blin on the Board - maybe that could be revived? Point is, is there still scope for some sort of unifying deal to be done or is it still going to be what to me was shaping up to be an all or nothing scrap at the AGM.

Great statement. In summary King loves the club and wants to make sure we trample the scum.

We need to open our minds to all who wish to contribute.

I am not rich, so contribute with a few season tickets, a few shares and merchandice.

Others, maybe Mini murray etc has a small amount of cash.

Then you get to the Easdales that have a not insignificant sum.

Then the big boys like King.

We give what we can, but we should all be welcome. We need to stop bitching at people who may want to invest for the right reasons.

Absolutely delighted to hear this. I know some people have misgivings about Dave King, but to me the man is an accomplished businessman (better than the likes of David Murray in my eyes), and an avid supporter. Both these qualities lead me to believe he'll help run Rangers efficiently and with passion.

I've read his 'issues' with relation to tax in SA - and perceive what he did to be tax limitation (like any proper business or individual tries to effect) rather than anything crude. I just hope that the SFA and those in a position of power (namely Liewell) don't have the sway to prevent this.

From a selfish point of view, this guy is loaded and would gladly pump his money in to the club to see success - I know we'd ideally like the club to be run by supporters, but if we want to succeed at the top, there probably isn't the money in the Scottish system to do that....so it would be nice to have a very rich guy at the top who wants to see that too (feel free to read between the lines on that one).

One thing springs to mind on this, he lives in SA, will he re-locate full time to the UK or is he going to do the job from afar???

Andrew Johnston managed it. As long as he is in the UK when it matters, I see no reason for him to leave SA

If DK joins as Chairman then he should have the experience, clout, business know-how, City connections, and hopefully a quality of leadership for a Board to get on and do the job he correctly says it needs to do to propel Rangers back to the very top. If the requisitioners persist with a court case on legal technicalities (which they may not win anyway) they risk creating the impression of looking to continue to force an unnecessary divide among Supporters and Shareholders and continuing with an agenda of destructive spoiling tactics since they have put no tangible constructive plans for the future on the table nor said why they are more competent and better qualified than the current Directors to lead the Club going forward.

Timing the statements for release on a Saturday gives the requisitioners a day to think about withdrawing their court case and to indicating that they would be willing to work with the current Directors and DK as Chairman for the collective good of the Club. That is not to say that there could be additional appointments to the Board - for example as non-exec directors - that would go some way to satisfying their aspirations. Perhaps they could even put in charge of the remuneration committee. Mather and Stockbridge made it clear after the Ibrox town-hall meeting they would have accepted Frank Blin on the Board - maybe that could be revived? Point is, is there still scope for some sort of unifying deal to be done or is it still going to be what to me was shaping up to be an all or nothing scrap at the AGM.

Excellent synopsis RB. (tu)