• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.rangers.c...-king-statement

I've been waiting for this for so long. WATP

I believe that the timing is right for me to take this step and I look forward to the opportunity to work with the current directors albeit I would have preferred to have my appointment confirmed prior to communicating my further thoughts. Unfortunately the rumour mill necessitated this short statement. If matters proceed as I hope over the next few days then I will be present at the AGM."

Please stop that bullshit, it's unhealthy paranoia beyond belief

This is great news, not for the board, not for Mather or Stockbridge but Rangers.

Dave King is exactly what we need, he outshines everyone on that board in terms of wealth and business experience never mind the fact he is a committed Rangers supporter. I trust he'll sort out the shite we've had to endure from the board for the last year, he'll be calling the shots.

no I mean pauk murray mark dingwall and chris graham

Going to get the fit and proper stuff to deal with next but I believe that these talks will already have taken place to a certain degree before the statement was made.I don't think Mr Kings a daftie do you. Simba loyal the return of the King

If DK joins as Chairman then he should have the experience, clout, business know-how, City connections, and hopefully a quality of leadership for a Board to get on and do the job he correctly says it needs to do to propel Rangers back to the very top. If the requisitioners persist with a court case on legal technicalities (which they may not win anyway) they risk creating the impression of looking to continue to force an unnecessary divide among Supporters and Shareholders and continuing with an agenda of destructive spoiling tactics since they have put no tangible constructive plans for the future on the table nor said why they are more competent and better qualified than the current Directors to lead the Club going forward.

Timing the statements for release on a Saturday gives the requisitioners a day to think about withdrawing their court case and to indicating that they would be willing to work with the current Directors and DK as Chairman for the collective good of the Club. That is not to say that there could be additional appointments to the Board - for example as non-exec directors - that would go some way to satisfying their aspirations. Perhaps they could even put in charge of the remuneration committee. Mather and Stockbridge made it clear after the Ibrox town-hall meeting they would have accepted Frank Blin on the Board - maybe that could be revived? Point is, is there still scope for some sort of unifying deal to be done or is it still going to be what to me was shaping up to be an all or nothing scrap at the AGM.

Disagree bigger impact would have been to produce DK at AGM and would have resulted in disarray and confusion, but I fell this story is far from written between now and AGM it will have a few twist and turns

what will the new form of funding be ?............a new share issue ?

I would imagine so.

I think there are about 10% of unissued shares still available, they might just issue them and put a nice big check in the bank for when we hit the top flight.

F it, too many agreeing on here tonight,

lets spin it .....

"My involvement is not linked in any way to any other individual, albeit I have my private thoughts as to certain individuals that might add value to the club going forward. Ultimately it is for the shareholders to make such decisions. The recent settlement of my litigation in South Africa removes any impediment to my appointment to the board.

What does that say to you?

F it, too many agreeing on here tonight,

lets spin it .....

"My involvement is not linked in any way to any other individual, albeit I have my private thoughts as to certain individuals that might add value to the club going forward. Ultimately it is for the shareholders to make such decisions. The recent settlement of my litigation in South Africa removes any impediment to my appointment to the board.

What does that say to you?

It's pretty clear