Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

• 2 weeks later...

Some more decent games are available with PS Plus this month. Going by the last few months Sony are getting it right when it comes to delivering AAA games as part of the free monthly games instead of the Indie pish they've been giving us previously.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is available for free with PS Plus as of yesterday. Played it already on the PC but downloaded it again on to PS4. Game is absolute class even if you haven't followed the story from the previous games. Just make sure you read a guide on tips for playing as it's easy to miss out on some of the gameplay mechanics. The game doesn't hold your hand too much in this.

The two Amnesia games are also available. Not played these but reviews seem good. Anyone tried these?

Been playing f1 2017 for the last week or so. Having not played an f1 game for years it's amazing the amount of detail in it now.  The racing is spot on as well. Also just ordered the Ezio trilogy which will be getting hammered soon.

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is available for free with PS Plus as of yesterday. Played it already on the PC but downloaded it again on to PS4. Game is absolute class

Until that ending :megaanguish:

Atleast they sang happy birthday to me :lol:

On 05/10/2017 at 13:37, dougal72 said:

Been playing f1 2017 for the last week or so. Having not played an f1 game for years it's amazing the amount of detail in it now.  The racing is spot on as well. Also just ordered the Ezio trilogy which will be getting hammered soon.

Dont like the solid walls and the crap damage in these games should be more real

Picked up Fallout New Vegas for a song. Have loaded up a few gameplay and graphic enhancement mods. Thoroughly enjoying it so far, especially as you get to knock fook out of those Roman bastards.......................................... of Ceasar's Legion.

33 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Picked up Fallout New Vegas for a song. Have loaded up a few gameplay and graphic enhancement mods. Thoroughly enjoying it so far, especially as you get to knock fook out of those Roman bastards.......................................... of Ceasar's Legion.

Lucky bastard it's an amazing game enjoy.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Great game. Played 3 and New Vegas but just can't get in to Fallout 4. I'm sure I will at some point though as it's pretty much more of the same from Bethesda. Maybe I was expecting more.

Why we hating on Caesar? Guy was a legend.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Great game. Played 3 and New Vegas but just can't get in to Fallout 4. I'm sure I will at some point though as it's pretty much more of the same from Bethesda. Maybe I was expecting more.

Why we hating on Caesar? Guy was a legend.

4 is terrible it's no longer a Fallout game it's a run and gun shooter.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

4 is terrible it's no longer a Fallout game it's a run and gun shooter.

Aye VATS has changed for the worse as well. I've not put too many hours in to it to judge properly though. Last I played it I was back in the home town trying to work out how to grow shit so not too far in to the game.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye VATS has changed for the worse as well. I've not put too many hours in to it to judge properly though. Last I played it I was back in the home town trying to work out how to grow shit so not too far in to the game.

I hate 4 it's an awful game it's became the call of duty action game so disappointing.

4 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Yeah I did not play 4 for long, it just doesn't feel like the same game anymore.

It is terrible and the DLC is just as bad.

My least favourite thing about 4 is the complete lack of choice New Vegas has 8 different ways to kill a minor character that the NCR gives you a quest to kill that are story options or you can let him live.

If that was 4 you could shoot him blow him up or melee him that's it. That annoys me and is why it doesn't feel like fallout any more.

6 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It is terrible and the DLC is just as bad.

My least favourite thing about 4 is the complete lack of choice New Vegas has 8 different ways to kill a minor character that the NCR gives you a quest to kill that are story options or you can let him live.

If that was 4 you could shoot him blow him up or melee him that's it. That annoys me and is why it doesn't feel like fallout any more.

What is so bad about it 4 really? I know what I like particularly about the Fallout games I have played is what I can only describe as the atmosphere. The impending doom, and inevitable violence set against the decaying background of a once blissfully ignorant, almost childish alternative 1950's environment, it just hits the spot for me so to speak. Does 4 deviate from this?

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

What is so bad about it 4 really? I know what I like particularly about the Fallout games I have played is what I can only describe as the atmosphere. The impending doom, and inevitable violence set against the decaying background of a once blissfully ignorant, almost childish alternative 1950's environment, it just hits the spot for me so to speak. Does 4 deviate from this?

It's not a survival game is the way I would describe it it's a shooting game now think Call of Dutys campaign mode with guns and no choices it is completely linear nothing you do makes any difference. 

The factions you pick give you at most three different quests as you finish them and the quests are used for the  other factions as well but from their point of view.

Otherwise it's an "open world game" thats not open world I mean you can go anywhere at any time but there's not enough reason to explore or choices in the game.

3 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's not a survival game is the way I would describe it it's a shooting game now think Call of Dutys campaign mode with guns and no choices it is completely linear nothing you do makes any difference. 

The factions you pick give you at most three different quests as you finish them and the quests are used for the  other factions as well but from their point of view.

Otherwise it's an "open world game" thats not open world I mean you can go anywhere at any time but there's not enough reason to explore or choices in the game.

I have only played about an hour or so of F4, I had just rescued the refugees at the museum. Not getting much encouragement to go back to the game from what I am hearing. That will teach me to keep buying games in the Steam sale.

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

I have only played about an hour or so of F4, I had just rescued the refugees at the museum. Not getting much encouragement to go back to the game from what I am hearing. That will teach me to keep buying games in the Steam sale.

It's not a "bad game" it's a terrible fallout though if that makes sense.

On 08/10/2017 at 10:04, The Monk said:

The Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta has been pretty fun, just running around slaughtering people with Darth Maul.

Did you play the first one mate?

I am really looking forward to it. Never played the beta but played the first one and thiught they done a great job with it.

5 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Did you play the first one mate?

I am really looking forward to it. Never played the beta but played the first one and thiught they done a great job with it.

Yeah I was one of the few who loved the first game, it was far from perfect but anything star wars gets me interested. Thought the beta was fantastic but would like to see more characters than the ones supposedly coming on launch, most are same as BF1