Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

Cunt of a headline. Where does it say Ally sides with the players? I missed that part. Am I just thick? He is doing his upmost to have a well motivated team on the pitch. That's his job afterall.

Ally is one of the few who can be trusted to put Rangers first. We should be supporting his efforts. There are a few on here who revel in despising him and question his loyalties. I won't be meeting them at Ibrox any time soon. Thank fuck!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust ally as hes a true rangers man but the amount of salary he took still rests uneasily on me. If he really needs more players he could easily dip into his own bank account to fund them but he will never do that and that's what gets me. I like many thousand of fans pay a hefty slice of my wage into rangers and im glad to do it, but ally takes more out in a week than I will probably put in during my whole lifetime and that just doesnt seem right when we are counting the pennies.

I know that loads others are lining their own pockets but they are not rangers men.

Ally halved his wage mate. Let' se how many follow that example....

Ally did a lot to help Rangers survive. No one can deny that. So did C Green.

C Green's motive was purely money.

Ally's motive was partly money. (Look at his penny shares and fantastic wages).

Ally has survived because despite some pish poor tactics and football he has gotten results. He is also a legend and a cheeky chappie.

Ally though is very cute at times and plays the fans against the Board just maybe a little too often.

As many have said this may come back and bite him in the bum.

It does lead to all the mhedia ganging up on Rangers far too much.

I have faith that G Wallace will put Rangers on the road to full recovery.

As an aside, what do you think the fans reaction will be if Rangers lose at Forfar?

McCulloch is NEVER a centre half. I have also never rated him in midfield but he gets pass marks at centre forward where we are at present. I have never rated Lee much as a player but his loyalty to the cause is admirable. I could be harsh and say that he wouldn't get the same wage anywhere else anyway but perhaps his motive motive for staying was entirely honourable. At least he took a considerable pay cut at the outset.

id be loyal for 7 mill in wages

id be loyal if I didn't want to move out of Scotland for family reasons

id be loyal if, by the power of press alone, I could suddenly become a "legend"

a big cock, good at coaly backs and a refusal to buy a pint does not a football legend make

he is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our club

a big cock, good at coaly backs and a refusal to buy a pint does not a football legend make

Harsh but true. Jig & Ally represent the power of the personality and the old boys' network which have way too much influence at Rangers.

Almost all of Ally McCoists statements are well thought out politics. His latest comment in todays Herald is typical " I wont be selling anybody but the club might sell somebody". He is treading a very dangerous path and is banking on keeping the support onside which ,he does very well. We have a lot to thank him for but I would prefer a united front on the essential cost cutting.

usual pile of shit from you ,

Why did we sign these players in the first place if we couldnt afford them ? arewe not just going down the same road as before ? have we not learned our lesson in the accounts department ? surely the expendature was done on a 3 /4 season plan ( like any proper business would be ) and a simple spreadsheet would tell us what we could ealistically afford . Weve "bought" 2 league titles that we could have won anyway for a far lesser sum Were paying a manager , backroom staff , players , directors and lets not even start with jim trainor inflated packages in a part time league . i cant get my head around it . I reallythink the accounts department have something to answer. In any other line of business this would be seen as gross misconduct

Why did we sign these players in the first place if we couldnt afford them ? arewe not just going down the same road as before ? have we not learned our lesson in the accounts department ? surely the expendature was done on a 3 /4 season plan ( like any proper business would be ) and a simple spreadsheet would tell us what we could ealistically afford . Weve "bought" 2 league titles that we could have won anyway for a far lesser sum Were paying a manager , backroom staff , players , directors and lets not even start with jim trainor inflated packages in a part time league . i cant get my head around it . I reallythink the accounts department have something to answer. In any other line of business this would be seen as gross misconduct

Signing players we couldn't afford didn't cause our problems for fuck sake. How many more times does this need going over? Craig Whyte bought the club fraudulently then proceeded to steal money which should have went to HMRC. It's that simple. Its not about what you or anyone else believes happened, its what did happen.

Signing players we couldn't afford didn't cause our problems for fuck sake. How many more times does this need going over? Craig Whyte bought the club fraudulently then proceeded to steal money which should have went to HMRC. It's that simple. Its not about what you or anyone else believes happened, its what did happen.

So the over inflated wages arent causing a problem ? so were paying players £1000s per week and other teams are paying £100s PART TIME. So why are we needing to cut the wage bill ? Quite simply living way beyond our means again

So the over inflated wages arent causing a problem ? so were paying players £1000s per week and other teams are paying £100s PART TIME. So why are we needing to cut the wage bill ? Quite simply living way beyond our means again

how much do you think we should be paying these players , from lasts years accounts its 30% ratio of turnover

lower than any SPL club, and do you honestly believe money saved will be stockpiled till we are back at the top ..seriously

Didn't say the expenditure wasn't a problem. Do you struggle with simple English.

Living without our means again? Again? When did we do it before exactly? The BDO have estimated recovering 30-50 million of money owed to the oldco. That's quite a hefty wad of cash for a business that was operating outside its means, dont you think?

Jog on.

Funny how ally is absolved of any blame whatsoever by the usual few. He wanted foster he wanted cribari he looked at faure then signed him he wanted smith simonsen peralta. All of whom are a wasted wage. 6 players that Hamilton probably wouldnt want. Stuck with shite that he identified.

Hey though its ok- he never sanctioned them. his judgement was trusted by craig mather and mather being a ceo went with the man who is supposed to know about football and players.

Like it or not that is allys fault. Asking for players to stay then a few months later saying they're surplus to requirements is the managers fault. Having a scattergun policy to signing players- signing 8 hoping that 4 are decent. That is the managers fault.

Funny how ally is absolved of any blame whatsoever by the usual few. He wanted foster he wanted cribari he looked at faure then signed him he wanted smith simonsen peralta. All of whom are a wasted wage. 6 players that Hamilton probably wouldnt want. Stuck with shite that he identified.

Hey though its ok- he never sanctioned them. his judgement was trusted by craig mather and mather being a ceo went with the man who is supposed to know about football and players.

Like it or not that is allys fault. Asking for players to stay then a few months later saying they're surplus to requirements is the managers fault. Having a scattergun policy to signing players- signing 8 hoping that 4 are decent. That is the managers fault.

read a quote from SAF you are lucky if you get 50% of transfers correct but hey its another stick to beat Ally with

usual few ? who are they i cant see any

really i dont see that on this forum , what i see is Ally getting the blame for every little thing wrong at rangers, people scanning every interview nitpicking looking for something to beat him with ..why is Ally speaking out ..why is Ally not speaking out ..

say its not hatred but from here its pretty vile stuff directed at him..

read a quote from SAF you are lucky if you get 50% of transfers correct but hey its another stick to beat Ally with

really i dont see that on this forum , what i see is Ally getting the blame for every little thing wrong at rangers, people scanning every interview nitpicking looking for something to beat him with ..why is Ally speaking out ..why is Ally not speaking out ..

Some do go over the top, but it born out of pure frustration at Ally's self preserving management philosophy to overcome his complete lack of ability.

We had such a good opportunity to rebuild from the bottom up, and he fucked it with his 'I can only plan for tomorrow' style.

He was managing a team challenging for one of the top, if not The top, leagues in the world AND the easily the biggest and most coveted club tournament trophies at the time.

All Ally had to do was find 10 or so guys who could cut it at the lowest level of pro football in what is one of the worlds most prominent footballing backwaters.

And then there's the fact he can't admit to spunking a large part of his budget on said players and runs to his buddies in the (Rangers hating) press to play fucking games with his bosses and the support who HAVE backed him even after 18 months of this shite. So aye, I'll criticise the man all I want thanks very much. His times up.

And if you think me trashing a man who I've idolised since I was 6 and have named a fucking son after is "vile" then fill your boots.

Im fucking heartbroken to be saying any of this shite on here about that man. Ally fucking McCoist for fuck sake!

He was managing a team challenging for one of the top, if not The top, leagues in the world AND the easily the biggest and most coveted club tournament trophies at the time.

All Ally had to do was find 10 or so guys who could cut it at the lowest level of pro football in what is one of the worlds most prominent footballing backwaters.

And then there's the fact he can't admit to spunking a large part of his budget on said players and runs to his buddies in the (Rangers hating) press to play fucking games with his bosses and the support who HAVE backed him even after 18 months of this shite. So aye, I'll criticise the man all I want thanks very much. His times up.

And if you think me trashing a man who I've idolised since I was 6 and have named a fucking son after is "vile" then fill your boots.

Im fucking heartbroken to be saying any of this shite on here about that man. Ally fucking McCoist for fuck sake!

Well you are wrong his time most certainly is not up , Ally is the manager and will be the manager next season , and that is a reality you have to wake up to , results will and should define his future , and a 10000 posts wont change that

the usual few are the ones that nearly start greetin when people dont like the way mccoist goes about the biggest job in Scotland. Saying its vile to criticise the manager is way ott. Paying fans some who travel the length of Britain are allowed an opinion on the shite we currently get served.

In every interview all mccoist does is pander to the support and now its getting old. Its like he uses the fans to stop himself from ever being sacked when all he has to do is get better performances from his squad instead of getting outplayed by crap teams with amateur training facilities and run down stadiums but the worst thing is that they're part time teams.

Well you are wrong his time most certainly is not up , Ally is the manager and will be the manager next season , and that is a reality you have to wake up to , results will and should define his future , and a 10000 posts wont change that

Your definition of results differs from mine.

Paying 6 million a year to 56 pros, fielding bench's a player short regardless and struggling away to part timers is most certainly the opposite of what I'd expect from a competent manager.

The only thing I've awakened to is the facts.

DP cause its worth saying twice and my internet lag agrees.

So there.

Some do go over the top, but it born out of pure frustration at Ally's self preserving management philosophy to overcome his complete lack of ability.

We had such a good opportunity to rebuild from the bottom up, and he fucked it with his 'I can only plan for tomorrow' style.

This plan would have been good for Rangers , but the board set the bar for players , and gave Ally a budget to battle with SPL teams in the cups and win these leagues.... them are the facts ..but fire away

the usual few are the ones that nearly start greetin when people dont like the way mccoist goes about the biggest job in Scotland. Saying its vile to criticise the manager is way ott. Paying fans some who travel the length of Britain are allowed an opinion on the shite we currently get served.

In every interview all mccoist does is pander to the support and now its getting old. Its like he uses the fans to stop himself from ever being sacked when all he has to do is get better performances from his squad instead of getting outplayed by crap teams with amateur training facilities and run down stadiums but the worst thing is that they're part time teams.

outplayed we have only dropped 2 points all season stop making shit up

This plan would have been good for Rangers , but the board set the bar for players , and gave Ally a budget to battle with SPL teams in the cups and win these leagues.... them are the facts ..but fire away

So Ally is a weak manager then? He was forced to sign Foster and Smith and loan out players who could have done the same job for less money and probably far less consternation from the support?

Glad that's cleared up.