Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

Green really did nothing wrong tbh, not to justify the hysteria

Well he seems to have taking his sacking very well as he relaxes in his new French chateau.

Probably whistling the champions league theme as we sit here.

And further more we are still infiltrated by many investors who are only in it for a fast buck.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue i'm trying to look at the bigger picture, we are a football club after all not a soap opera (notwithstanding our off the field issues of recent years).

It's no vendetta, I do have probably known views on McCoist the manager but as i've said in this thread there's perfectly valid argument he deserves to stay in the job due to football performance whether I agree with it or not.

The principle that we need him to stay simply because of him being a trustworthy figure and some sort of man on the inside is what I object to.

Fair enough. That seems a pretty balanced view and I can't argue with your opinion. (tu)

Well he seems to have taking his sacking very well as he relaxes in his new French chateau.

Probably whistling the champions league theme as we sit here.

And further more we are still infiltrated by many investors who are only in it for a fast buck.

So folk wanted Green out but have a dig at him not being here for the CL theme etc?

I can understand Ally sticking up for the players but I think he , and they , are wrong.

We're all going to have to sacrifice something to help out - players , management , non playing staff , directors and even us fans. Reduced salaries , increased season ticket prices and merchandise , we are all in this together and help best we can.

I can understand Ally sticking up for the players but I think he , and they , are wrong.

We're all going to have to sacrifice something to help out - players , management , non playing staff , directors and even us fans. Reduced salaries , increased season ticket prices and merchandise , we are all in this together and help best we can.

I'd like to think i'd take the cut myself but they have contracts and are entitled to say no

I'd rather they were playing for the youths than sitting on the bench.

Anyway, it's a common tactic used by managers who feel - rightly or wrongly - that they want more tools to do their job. Paul Ince did it with Blackpool the other week.

What it has to do with our financial position and his comments in the OP is beyond me.

Could it not be the fact that knowing our CEO is in the middle of a plan to cut costs the manager potentially making the statement of 'we can't even fill our bench...we need more bodies in' not seem rather foolish? Especially when he will of course be aware of the situation.

Anyways, you can't really argue with what he's said. He has to back his players and it isn't their fault they're earning what they are.

However what's stopping some of them coming out and taking a reduction at their own request?

I'd like to think i'd take the cut myself but they have contracts and are entitled to say no

I know but the reality is something has to give - it's unsustainable. Just easier for everyone to give a little before we end up losing our best assets.

When ally made his signings at the start of the season he should have been looking long term - players that can win the league consecutively until we reach the SPFL. If he starts losing a lot of games in league 1 and blames not having players, that's on him. no manager should build a team season by season so if he hasn't got resources to win league 1 at a canter then he's the one to blame unless we are seriously injury stricken.

I'd rather they were playing for the youths than sitting on the bench.

Anyway, it's a common tactic used by managers who feel - rightly or wrongly - that they want more tools to do their job. Paul Ince did it with Blackpool the other week.

What it has to do with our financial position and his comments in the OP is beyond me.

Exactly. Trying to coerce the board into signing more players and the fans to go along with it has fuck all to do with our finances.

Does anyone really think ally would come out and say it was one of his players that leaked it to the media about asking if they would accept a cut, it seems like ally is smarting at having to take a paycut.

Yes ally has stood up for the club and fans over the last 2 year but for anyone to say that he ain't partially at fault for the spending is wrong. He would need to suggest what he thought the player was worth and if he didn't then he is completly at fault for not saying he feels is worthwhile, even a semi pro team manager said this morning to myself and a few others, that he was suggesting to his board that someone he looking at should he signed and given 250 quid a week

Yep, they're now 3rd bottom in the Championship.

Fuck sake Ally, why didn't you follow the QOTS model?

Ridiculous post.

No one is saying follow qots model or gretna's for that point. But one won this league, the other won all leagues consecutively for far far less than we are spending.

Yes as Rangers we have to aim bigger and spend more than either of those teams. But not to the scale we have. And not with the poor performances on offer and lack of obvious playing strategy now or going forward.

Now, we are likely to have a lower budget going into next year and maybe even again the year after as a result of our spending policy.

A shambles caused by many including Ally. Not to accept this is simply blinkered beyond belief.

Ridiculous post.

No one is saying follow qots model or gretna's for that point. But one won this league, the other won all leagues consecutively for far far less than we are spending.

Yes as Rangers we have to aim bigger and spend more than either of those teams. But not to the scale we have. And not with the poor performances on offer and lack of obvious playing strategy now or going forward.

Now, we are likely to have a lower budget going into next year and maybe even again the year after as a result of our spending policy.

A shambles caused by many including Ally. Not to accept this is simply blinkered beyond belief.

Sorry, what is it that I'm not accepting? Ally isn't blameless - some of his signings haven't worked out which contributed to our situation (that's football, he's not a soothsayer). That's the extent to which he can be blamed, he doesn't control the finances, or set the contracts, or negotiate wages, or set budgets, etc, etc.

Oh, and plenty of people held up Gretna and QOTS as the example we should be following, especially last season. The guy I quoted did as well.

1 Cammy Bell

2 Steve Simonsen

3 Scott Gallacher

4 Richard Foster

5 Andrew Mitchell

6 Emilson Cribari

7 Sebastien Faure

8 Ross Perry

9 Chris Hegarty

10 Lee McCulloch

11 Bilel Mohsni

12 Luca Gasparotto

13 Lee Wallace

14 Steven Smith

15 Arnold Peralta

16 Kyle Hutton

17 Nicky Law

18 Ian Black

19 Lewis Macleod

20 Robbie Crawford

21 David Templeton

22 Fraser Aird

23 Dean Shiels

24 Barrie McKay

25 Andy Little

26 Jon Daly

27 Nicky Clark

28 Alan Smith

29 Liam Kelly

30 Jamie Wilson

31 Ryan Sinnamon

32 Kyle McAusland

33 Kristian Gibson

34 Craig Halkett

35 Greg Pascazio

36 Jamie Mills

37 Lewis White

38 Scot Whiteside

39 David Brownlie

40 Andy Murdoch

41 Dylan Dykes

42 Scott Roberts

43 Darren Ramsay

44 Charlie Telfer

45 Tom Walsh

46 Adam Wilson

47 Michael Mossie

48 Jordan Hamill

49 Ben Reilly

50 Jamie Burrows

51 Calum Gallagher

52 Danny Stoney

53 Sam Liddington

54 Junior Ogen

55 Ryan Hardie

56 Josh Jeffries

Ready for first team football? I must be confused, does being on the bench mean you have to be used as sub? When did that rule come into place?

Anyway, like I said: Ally thinks he's cute. Not gonna fly with me. He has enough players to win this division and the next reasonably comfortably.

PS. I named my youngest after my personal hero, Ally McCoist, I have no desire to look for reason to batter the guy over the head with. I wont however be played for a fool. End of discussion mate.

So of those 56 pros, almost half have never played any first team football, another chunk haven't been progressed to our under 20 side yet we're just to throw them in at the deep end?

No rule says they have to be used but the manager has been quoted (as was the last one and several others) as saying that it should be something that is earned (like Murdoch and Telfer have recently) and not simply thrown in to make up the numbers. Quite a few coaches and managers have went on the record that simply throwing kids into the squad to make numbers up can harm their development as the player can often feel that they have 'made it'.