Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

So of those 56 pros, almost half have never played any first team football, another chunk haven't been progressed to our under 20 side yet we're just to throw them in at the deep end?

No rule says they have to be used but the manager has been quoted (as was the last one and several others) as saying that it should be something that is earned (like Murdoch and Telfer have recently) and not simply thrown in to make up the numbers. Quite a few coaches and managers have went on the record that simply throwing kids into the squad to make numbers up can harm their development as the player can often feel that they have 'made it'.

I'd like to see Barrie McKay coming through. Watched Aird on the left and Mckay on the right in one game and had high expectations for both.

Would like to see wee Barrie back doing it for the first team one day.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So of those 56 pros, almost half have never played any first team football, another chunk haven't been progressed to our under 20 side yet we're just to throw them in at the deep end?

No rule says they have to be used but the manager has been quoted (as was the last one and several others) as saying that it should be something that is earned (like Murdoch and Telfer have recently) and not simply thrown in to make up the numbers. Quite a few coaches and managers have went on the record that simply throwing kids into the squad to make numbers up can harm their development as the player can often feel that they have 'made it'.

Aye ok, whatever you say. Getting thrown in at the deep end is the same as being told to stand at the side of the pool watching with no possibility of you being asked to do anything.

Clap clap.

Answer me this: When we lost 2 thirds of our playing staff and had only a matter of weeks to get a squad together, did we ever have a bench that was short of players that season?

Aye ok, whatever you say. Getting thrown in at the deep end is the same as being told to stand at the side of the pool watching with no possibility of you being asked to do anything.

Clap clap.

Well if it's that simple why don't we just keep 14 players and rely on the u15s to make up the bench?

Clap clap.

Answer me this: When we lost 2 thirds of our playing staff and had only a matter of weeks to get a squad together, did we ever have a bench that was short of players that season?

To be fair you just plucked random kids out to make a point...

Clap clap.

Yes. Quite a few times iirc.

Clap clap.

Yes.

Almost half have never played first team football so over half of them have played first team football?

Throw them in at the deep end by sticking them

on the bench against a part time team??

Are you having a laugh!

Well if it's that simple why don't we just keep 14 players and rely on the u15s to make up the bench?

And this is the reason I had no desire to get into a discussion with you about this.

There's a huge difference between one professional youth player and a whole bench of them and you know that is not what is being suggested.

We're done.

To be fair you just plucked random kids out to make a point...

Oh really? Which did I pluck out? Take your time, theres 56 players to choose from and even Ally struggles with it.

Almost half have never played first team football so over half of them have played first team football?

Are you having a laugh!

Wouldn't you rather they were playing for their respective youth team than sitting on the bench watching the 1st team?

Are you having a laugh!

He is having a laugh and he knows it.

Even TWB has admitted Ally is at it with that decision to go a man short.

Are you having a laugh!

Walsh - Stoney - Sinnamon could all have taken a seat on the bench.

What harm would it do them , being involved with the first team on a matchday, not as if they were ever going on anyway.

How many managers would do what Ally did in the past 2 years?

Ally went well beyond the call of duty off the field for our club.

In an ideal world, you'd be right, he would be judged on football performances. But we are far from an ideal world.

At £760k per annum then the answer would be "numerous".

I think Ally could have made a slightly more diplomatic statement to be fair as this one could easily be perceived at him having a dig at the board.

Having said that I can understand why he'd feel frustrated for his players - its embarrassing to go ask them for a reduction in contract so soon after some have arrived (tu)

Alistair has always had a problem with authority, the expression working your ticket comes to mind.

think ally has a bigger problem with the robbing bastards that have pocketed a fortune and spent fuck all on the team,what happened to that 10 million for transfers,asking the players to take a 15 percent pay cut a year after an ipo that raised 22 million 35 thousand season tickets last august and 36 thousand this may,fucking embarrassing,where the fuck has the money gone,it is a disgrace what has happened to rangers again.

Ally is the one who signed these players and half of them are "deadwood"

Tempelton doesn't get a game

Cribiri was a last minute signing but is still over paid.

Steven Smith - backwards signing

Foster same as Steven Smith.

Steve Simonsen - pointless. As Gallacher could have sat on the bench.

Peralta Pish.

I love Ally but you'd need to be a madman to argue anything in your post. I bet Daly is on some wage compared to the 40 goal a season striker we have warming the bench most weeks.

think ally has a bigger problem with the robbing bastards that have pocketed a fortune and spent fuck all on the team,what happened to that 10 million for transfers,asking the players to take a 15 percent pay cut a year after an ipo that raised 22 million 35 thousand season tickets last august and 36 thousand this may,fucking embarrassing,where the fuck has the money gone,it is a disgrace what has happened to rangers again.

:lol:

"Where's aw ra money, its been spunked"

"How dare they cut costs!"