Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be wrong, but the number is still low enough to be embarrassing for people defending the gaffers decision to field a weak bench.

We all know he fielded that weak bench for the same reason I knew the reason for him having Gordon Durie on first team duties a day after being asked to consider his backroom staff numbers. He is a line manager who sticks by his staff.

My worry, being a fan, is that he should not be able to play with our club finances like that. If we cannot afford to have as many backroom staff or fringe players on thousands per week, Ally should not be allowed to keep them - regardless of the petty childish statements he makes in public.

You'd be wrong, but the number is still low enough to be embarrassing for people defending the gaffers decision to field a weak bench.

I'd say Lewis Whyte must be one of the youngest alongside Jeffries. Sure i seen both play U15s last season.

Is Whyte the big centre-back or am i getting him mixes up with someone else ?

For £875,000 a year i would say every person on this forum.

For half of that per year i would say every person on this forum.

Club legend...yes

Held the club together...yes

Held it back at the same time...i say yes

He is as big a problem as the board in my opinion. No one can honestly say he hasn't contributed massively to our financial problems.

Fucking well said (tu)

We all know he fielded that weak bench for the same reason I knew the reason for him having Gordon Durie on first team duties a day after being asked to consider his backroom staff numbers. He is a line manager who sticks by his staff.

My worry, being a fan, is that he should not be able to play with our club finances like that. If we cannot afford to have as many backroom staff or fringe players on thousands per week, Ally should not be allowed to keep them - regardless of the petty childish statements he makes in public.

That's fine and I respect Ally for sticking by his players and his staff and also for trying to get the tools he feels he needs to do his job.

What I wont accept is that certain people can't see what he is doing. I also wont accept that they don't realise that its very manipulative.

That's fine and I respect Ally for sticking by his players and his staff and also for trying to get the tools he feels he needs to do his job.

What I wont accept is that certain people can't see what he is doing. I also wont accept that they don't realise that its very manipulative.

My day job involves working alongside many line managers and I can always tell when they go on the defensive of their men. I respect the loyalty but I always remind them that loyalty does not always work both ways. I know this because I also work closely with their engineers, who like to whinge at me for their line managers failings or flaws - a vicious circle.

I think Ally has found that out with the refusal to reduce wages by 15%. I honestly believe Ally suggested this to our CEO as an alternative to losing fringe players and it has backfired on his arse.

BS and Ally are in the firing line at the moment.

You know what....when I was watching that STV interview, I got the feeling the press smell blood around this story! I have a feeling they may use this to try & drive a wedge between Ally & the board.

I know Ally has his critics....and if he's not the man for us based n his managerial skills, then I don't have a problem.

However, if it's at the hands of the gutter press, I'll be livid!

Ally McCoist will probably be the most devisive figure in our history. I love Ally but hes become so political recently its undermining his job of getting us back to the top. Hes entitled to support his players and hes entitled to his opinion but he is also toeing a thin line between being a manager and being a politician and m not sure he realises just how weary some of us are of all the spin.

Ally McCoist will probably be the most devisive figure in our history. I love Ally but hes become so political recently its undermining his job of getting us back to the top. Hes entitled to support his players and hes entitled to his opinion but he is also toeing a thin line between being a manager and being a politician and m not sure he realises just how weary some of us are of all the spin.

This is it in a nutshell. He uses his legendary status and his "pull" with the fans as leverage with the board.

Ally is certainly wily. I read that he is claiming we only have 2 fit strikers (Daly and Little). Firstly, he hardly ever plays Little as a striker but secondly he has conveniently forgotten that we could play McCulloch (true position anyway) and Shiels up front.

Does McCulloch have a true position? He started his career off as a centre midfielder after playing there all the way through his boys club career.

I remember reading a few years ago the man himself saying he still see's himself as a centre midfielder.

Does McCulloch have a true position? He started his career off as a centre midfielder after playing there all the way through his boys club career.

I remember reading a few years ago the man himself saying he still see's himself as a centre midfielder.

Apparently some players are allowed to change position over their career, unless of course they play for us in which case they should be playing one position and one position only throughout their career.

Ally is certainly wily. I read that he is claiming we only have 2 fit strikers (Daly and Little). Firstly, he hardly ever plays Little as a striker but secondly he has conveniently forgotten that we could play McCulloch (true position anyway) and Shiels up front.

Or Templeton, Stoney or Gallacher

Apparently some players are allowed to change position over their career, unless of course they play for us in which case they should be playing one position and one position only throughout their career.

McCulloch is NEVER a centre half. I have also never rated him in midfield but he gets pass marks at centre forward where we are at present. I have never rated Lee much as a player but his loyalty to the cause is admirable. I could be harsh and say that he wouldn't get the same wage anywhere else anyway but perhaps his motive motive for staying was entirely honourable. At least he took a considerable pay cut at the outset.

McCulloch is NEVER a centre half. I have also never rated him in midfield but he gets pass marks at centre forward where we are at present. I have never rated Lee much as a player but his loyalty to the cause is admirable. I could be harsh and say that he wouldn't get the same wage anywhere else anyway but perhaps his motive motive for staying was entirely honourable. At least he took a considerable pay cut at the outset.

You are right he is not a centre half and playing him in midfield was always like playing a man short. I would also state that he is not mobile enough to play upfront anymore but having watched Daly recently he could probably fill that role if he played intelligently.

I trust ally as hes a true rangers man but the amount of salary he took still rests uneasily on me. If he really needs more players he could easily dip into his own bank account to fund them but he will never do that and that's what gets me. I like many thousand of fans pay a hefty slice of my wage into rangers and im glad to do it, but ally takes more out in a week than I will probably put in during my whole lifetime and that just doesnt seem right when we are counting the pennies.

I know that loads others are lining their own pockets but they are not rangers men.