So proud of my team today

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the best Ally can do. That was his best game, his best tactics and his best ideas. At home as well.

Half of that team were successful in the SPL, some of them were leading lights.

It was painfully obvious today that Ally's best is just not good enough.

Thanks for the memories, mind your head on the lobby lamp on your way out.

Fair enough op, can't say i was in any way proud of what i witnessed.

Defence was horrific, midfield struggled to pass, strikers who couldn't relax and a keeper who absolutely shat it.

Not a great display but i didn't expect it to be anyway, simply, once again, not good enough.

Simonsons blunder put us out our misery. Never looked like equalising, never mind winning.

Sad times when a performance like that is being praised. A 3-1 defeat at home to scumdee is not good enough, no matter what the circumstances are.

I was in Malaga watching the game with 2 Real Madrid fans and it's was cringeworthy to watch .If we are just happy with decent effort in a big game nowadays then we are indeed in desperate state .Mccoist needs to go and go as fucking ASAP

You don't seem to know the difference between a bit of pride and happiness

Didn't have you down as stupid

I could never take pride in getting humped off an inferior team.

Maybe it's just me.

Some folk would have us believe we were over in Germany, yesterday, playing Bayern.

I could never take pride in getting humped off an inferior team.

Maybe it's just me.

Some folk would have us believe we were over in Germany, yesterday, playing Bayern.

I'm not saying that

Maybe I mis worded the op or something

McCoists time is up

Players let us down at both ends

Dundee United were shite

However we had more urgency and fight than I've seen and we didn't disgrace ourselfs IMO but it's too little too late

Wallace over to you to do what's needed or you might find more fans against you and it's nothing to do with boardroom battles

It was a welcomed fight our team had and Utd were so for the taking but the 2nd half even the crowd was flat where I was and the team needed a change which we got but to where we were daly looked exhausted and would have taken him off for last 10mins for another striker and went for it.

Anyone else see the scarf get thrown down from club deck just after there 2nd I thought oh no not today was cringing at thought of more being chucked.

Previously while we were the ones grinding out results..... winning was all that mattered....... irony can be cruel at times.

Exactly

I'm sure I made that point in my op if I didn't I meant to

Ironic as fuck that some of McCoist biggest defenders say that it's only the result that matters while grinding out a 1-0 or 2-1 win against some third tier shite - wonder if the same ones think the same about yesterday

I used to stick up for Moshni and Jig at the back when others are saying they would get found out against a top level team - they were all right

It was an improvement from last week but that isn't saying much. Even before Simmonsen's howler we didn't look like equalising, so much possession but we create nothing meaningful. Shiels missing a sitter was the pivitol point of the game imo.

Once the tims got beat in the cup we basically thought it was ours, now in the space of a week we've seen our treble dream become a league win that was inevitable from day 1 of the season beginning. Sad times when defeat and mediocre performances are being praised, oh how standards have fell

It was an improvement from last week but that isn't saying much. Even before Simmonsen's howler we didn't look like equalising, so much possession but we create nothing meaningful. Shiels missing a sitter was the pivitol point of the game imo.

Once the tims got beat in the cup we basically thought it was ours, now in the space of a week we've seen our treble dream become a league win that was inevitable from day 1 of the season beginning. Sad times when defeat and mediocre performances are being praised, oh how standards have fell

Very well said actually

We did make a game of it, we didn't last season and that was my biggest gripe.

But Dundee Utd weren't good themselves so it was a real fuck up that we couldn't even take it to extra time, the bottling individual mistakes showed again that something is very wrong.

I'd maybe have some pride if we weren't so horrendous in games like Raith, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, but I just can't feel much encouragement.

Dundee Utd didn't step up a gear once yesterday and still ran out easy winners. That's hardly a good performance on our account.

First half they had 2 chances and took them both. We had 2 and fluffed both. That was the difference.

Our guys either don't have the ability (which I doubt since they are proven PL players) or have become sloppy since dropping down (more likely).

Loved the fight from us and the atmosphere. But when they made mistakes we didn't take our chances when we made mistakes they took there's. Simple as that really think some investment is needed players like foster shouldn't be playing for us.

no problems with how we played, we weren't great but neither were they, difference was that they took their chances and we did not. Ally has brought in poor players and we need a mass clear out and decent players brought in - I doubt we'll see either anytime soon as finance continues to be an issue. We won't get a performance like that again this season and for me the season is over and we can only hope that we build over the summer, quite how we will do that I have no idea.