VB article. Season Ticket Trust.

Virtuoso

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q - 66.6% of the loan value, not including interest, is due to Rangers Supporters Trust board member George Letham. Don't the Trust feel that withholding funds to Rangers runs the risk of Rangers defaulting on the loan to Mr Letham, and thereby Mr Letham theoretically stands to gain £1.075M worth of shares in Rangers International Football Club?

A - No. Nobody is suggesting that funds should ultimately be withheld. It is proposed that the money is handed over in exchange for security over Ibrox & Auchenhowie. In the event that this is rejected, I believe the money will be returned and it will again be an individuals choice as to whether they purchase their ST of not.

I'm not fully aware of the detail surrounding George's loan to the club. It was done on a personal basis separate to the club and he has not discussed it with fellow board members for differing reasons. As far as I'm aware he is not in any position to gain £1.075m worth of shares. It is only the interest (£45k just for accuracy) that can be repaid in shares.

Q - Can George Letham confirm what his plans are regarding his holdings if that share value is transferred to him, namely, will he retain ownership and voting rights, or will he proxy votes to the Rangers Supporters Trust (RST)?

A - As above only George can answer this.

Good questions and puts the st fund idea to bed.

It would be great if the VBs had 38 questions for the board......

Think we can be satisfied that there is enough scrutiny of the board at the present time. As someone who is very much not a real fan of either the board or D. King it is refreshing that one of the groups has decided to question King and co on how exactly their 'plan' is going to work.

A few good questions in there. Are the VB's now going to produce another set of questions for the board given their concerns over the review?

Yes. We are in the process of canvassing our members for the questions they would like answered by the board.

As ever we want answers from both sides.

25,000 more shares bought by VB today (tu)

Correct. Yesterday on behalf of the group we purchased 25,542 ordinary shares. Together with individual members who hold 77,781 shares VB now has proxy voting rights over 103,323 shares.

If you want a voice and want to be taken seriously you have to pay the going rate.

A robust and legitimate list of questions.

Bottom line is I don't think UoF/DK, etc have actually thought htis through and had either naively thought the club would offer up Ibrox/Auchenhowie as secuirity without too much fight (they have after all entered in to numerous contracts without legal advice recently as per Wallace's review) or that this was always seen as a threat that would never need to be used as DK woudl get his "in" via issue of shares.

Quite simply I don't think it is do-able to have a trust up and running and for there to be sufficient confidence/take up in that trust for the trust idea to generate the level of clout it needs to get any form of security.

If season ticket renewal uptake remains low and the trust idea lead ballons for the majority (as I belieive it will) it then ultimately comes down to a baattle of trust between the board and the UoF/DK to see who is most trusted with the club's future

These people trying to damage the club should be completely ignored now. Don't give them the time of day.

From being on social media, I get the impression the biggest majority of ST holders are renewing. People who haven't had one last year want to now purchase. (Myself included)

Then take the element of us who don't go on social media. Who's weekly ritual it is to go and watch The Rangers.

The UoF are just an unwelcome distraction in the rebuilding process. Fuck them!

I'm of the opinion that King has never intended to set this Trust up in the first place. The whole premise is utterly unworkable, and he himself must know this.

It's all just a smokescreen of propaganda aimed at raising a banner for his blind followers to stand behind. No more, no less.

Dave King has been sniffing around for months now yet I still feel I'm none the wiser on the fine details of his plans. Does he intend on taking control and ownership of the assets? With whose money? What's his team for running/owning the club? What's his plans for running the club and from where is getting the money, how much and will he be expecting the club (the fans) to be repaying this initial takeover/finance?

It's fucking outrageous that he is attempting to wrestle control of our club in a manner that is putting the club at risk and that's before you consider the lack of openness and transparency coming from his side.

Given his well publicised tussle with the South African authorities which left his honesty and integrity at the very least in question, surely he should be up front and open about his plans. Fans deserve nothing less.

I think I have reached the stage now in thinking he is a bullshitter, I would have loved him to be involved but he seems like another in a long list of egotists blasting their own trumpet whilst coffing up fuck all £££££'s.

Correct. Yesterday on behalf of the group we purchased 25,542 ordinary shares. Together with individual members who hold 77,781 shares VB now has proxy voting rights over 103,323 shares.

If you want a voice and want to be taken seriously you have to pay the going rate.

1p ordinary shares????

:matron:

Such spivery :D