Next Season: What's Acceptable?

gogzy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why most want the Ramsdens...a trophy brought out for those who win nothing, if we were to win it then it would have to be put somewhere outside.

Because we would be the only club to win every single trophy in Scotland and we will never get the chance to do that again (hopefully!)

the main thing is to win the league and win it playing good/decent football. i expect us to win the ramsdens cup, if we dont then its just embarrassing , the scottish and league cup i would like to see us beat a couple of premiership teams assuming we draw them and hopefully get to a final of one.

lastly i would like to see youngsters get more gametime and in general players getting starts on merit and not based on salary/who laughs at ally's jokes

I want the Ramsdens. I really do. It's a cup Celtic haven't won, so i want that in the bag. We should have already won it twice. For me, a good season would be winning the league and the Ramsdens with some decent football. I'm not too fussed about wining it by a certain number of points tbh. It's going to be a tough campaign, that's for sure. Those are the bare minimum though.

Because we would be the only club to win every single trophy in Scotland and we will never get the chance to do that again (hopefully!)

We should never have had the chance to win it...so I don't want it.

Scottish Cup and League Cup will do nicely along with Championship

Promotion.

Plain and simple.

Whatever happens in the cups has no bearing on the completion of Stage 3. It would be nice to see Rangers win it all, but we NEED is to win promotion back into the top tier of Scottish football.

I think we should win the league by at least 10 points. A new CB pairing is a must IMO though.

Last chance really to win the Ramsden's and I think we should win it this time round.

I would hope to get a longer run in the League Cup and although its not a trophy that gets you in to Europe its traditionally a trophy we perform well in. Playing against better teams on a weekly basis IMO should improve our own performances and attitude, therefore another cup final could be a possibility.

Would love if we were more entertaining and I have banged on about it but as long as we win the league effectively then that is the main goal, next year is all about getting back to the top. I would also like it if we had teams starting to fear playing against Rangers, let them worry about us, we are far too respectful at times.

Nice sensible post and agree with your sentiments.

Depends on the manager for me, with Ally will be a struggle in the league and a good cup run.

Another manager may kick on and change things about in which case we should win the league with possibly a good cup run (either one of the top two).

Ramsdens, well it would be nice for a bit of fluff in the cabinet but nothing more.

An acceptable season would be:

Win the League.

Win the Ramsdens Cup.

That's the bare minimum. Anything less and McCoist should be sacked.

A successful season would be:

Win the League.

Win the Ramsdens Cup.

Win the League Cup or Scottish Cup.

Improved style of play.

This (tu)

Promotion.

Anything less is a no-excuses failure. Anything more is a bonus.

Would like the success list to be longer but for me promotion is so very far ahead of everythilng else in order of importance that is is on a vastly different level to the other stuff. I don't ignore the importance of playing much bettere, or of winnign a cup. But promotion - prefereably by winning the league - is an order of magintude more important than the others.