Has our ‘style’ of football damaged our brand

graeme_4

How badly (if at all) has our ‘style’ of football damaged our brand?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. How badly (if at all) has our ?style? of football damaged our brand?

• I don't think it has
    • I think it marginally has
    • I think it has had a significant impact
    • I don't think it has yet, but if it continues it will

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes our football was boring, could be because of the teams we've been up against though.

I'm not defending anyone here, just saying, 36 league games 102 points and 106 goals a wad of clean sheets into the bargain against a bunch of clobbers is very impressive.

If you want fancy football, you'll just have to wait until we get back playing you know who.

Nobody that supports Rangers was complaining about the style/brand when we done 9 in a row

Or when big Eck was making helicopters change direction

Or when Walter came back and won more titles and led us on our run in Europe

Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what anyone outside the Rangers support think of us. As the Dude said, outwith Scotland, people only see the results and the league table. As long as we continue the rise back to the top, the same perception will continue, that we are the most decorated club in Scotland and will continue to be.

Can't argue with that GC.

As long as we're winning meaningful things , you're right , we'll be happy. But to win two part time leagues that were basically decided before a ball was kicked is not enough. Not with the standard of players we have as opposed to our opponents. We should expect more.

Outwith that, we need to worry about how many ST holders will renew . It's alright for the diehards, but there is a percentage that will be looking at value for money - have they had that ? I think not. We don't have a waiting list to replace them , and in our financial position every penny is a prisoner so we can't afford to lose them.

We also need to worry of our young supporters. I have , apart from myself , my two youngsters as ST holders and I can tell you the younger one has lost the interest he had a few years ago. Last year I worked away from home and I couldn't give my ticket away such was the crap on show.

We have to start entertaining , and with the players we have , we should be doing better , much better.

The Brand, WTF that's just advertising and marketing speak, Rangers the club don't need a brand as far as I'm concerned!

As for the quality of football, sure its poor at the moment, but look at were we've come from in the last two seasons.

You either love the club or you don't and no amount of brand hype or galactico style football will change that!

The days of Gio Tugay Amato Albertz Mols DeBoer Numan and co were sensational. Top clas players worthy of a club our size.

We need to unite more than ever now and hope we can get by with our current squad.

Once were back in the CL we could hopefully attract one or two of this calliber

The underlying problem is that whyte and murray almost killed our Club and we have to rebuild from the clustefruck they left us in.

Those cunts set us back at least 5 years and betrayed everything Rangers represent.

We only have a "brand" because of our fantastic support. Lesser cubs would have disintegrated.

Our brand of football has always been shite compared to Celtics....

However we have te better stats so fuck them! We might want to play like Real Madrid but playing like the Rangers has done us just fine. We will never be known for the footballing side in Glasgow but as long as were the better side who cares.

I dont profess to enjoy our current football philosophy, however the type of football hasnt damaged our brand, it may have restricted our ability to drive the brand towards new markets e.g. the far east.

If you are talking reputation, i would suggest that it is more the ineptitude and poor decision making of the previous board, inability of the current board to engage successfully with the fans and the campaign by certain 'fans groups' to drive the club into the ground, which has our reputation at an all time low.

Until we can find some middle ground unfortunately things will contunue to decline.

I think the Premiership holds a massive attraction to kids up here now..All you see are Man U,City,Liverpool etc tops everywhere and unless we start attracting kids to watch us we could lose a whole generation.

Ally is relying on kids following their dads,grandads etc to games but on a sleet soacked January evening against st Mirren to a warm house watching Man U against Chelsea it's a no brainer.

I've always believed we should play in the warmer months as SKY have no football for almost 3 months and we could make a killing June,July and August.

The football we play is an absolute joke. Anyone who has been inside the stadium over the last 2 years will know how fucking bored the fans are. If Ally can't get this team to play football now, he never will.

I think the Premiership holds a massive attraction to kids up here now..All you see are Man U,City,Liverpool etc tops everywhere and unless we start attracting kids to watch us we could lose a whole generation.

Ally is relying on kids following their dads,grandads etc to games but on a sleet soacked January evening against st Mirren to a warm house watching Man U against Chelsea it's a no brainer.

I've always believed we should play in the warmer months as SKY have no football for almost 3 months and we could make a killing June,July and August.

Except in World Cup and Euro years which could hamper us with players playing in those tournaments (in the future obviously)

It was always going to be difficult traipsing around the arse end of the highlands playing football on glorified public parks that's why the bitter spl muppets voted us out in the first place. Good news is I think we are past the worst of it now and should be looking forward to playing at better grounds with better atmospheres. Also think a more competitive league will up our game League one was won after 3 or 4 games that won't happen next season.

Except in World Cup and Euro years which could hamper us with players playing in those tournaments (in the future obviously)

Not so sure. .its mid season in South America now and they handle it ok..

Plus we never make it anyway lol

Our brand has been damaged not by Football.. but by the ridiculous 'leadership' in the board room and off field nonsense from 'fan' groups.

Fitba is shite as well though -- but The Rangers 'Brand' is more than just football of course.

I watch every one of our games in one form or another. Over the last 2 years however it has become a tedious chore to watch the pile of shi** Ally puts out week in week out. The guy simply doesn't have a clue and is the worst manager (if you can call him that) in rangers history. 95% of matches I do not enjoy and I think it is scandalous that he is still our manager. Unfortunately he has turned our great club into the laughing stock of Scottish football.

The most frustrating part of all our woes lately is the biggest and easiest remedied one.

The poor football is bad enough for the brand, but even worse is it leading to many fans not renewing their tickets, creating even more negative headlines.

It may be costly, but it is also very clear that Ally and his management team must go. The board need to bite the bullet and somehow make that happen.

The football wasn't great pre-admin, and post admin has trawled new lows. Decent players are underperforming and we are not getting a decent return on the player investment.

We have seen flashes of their ability in a few games, but that just makes it worse as the question must be asked why only those games ?

The way I see it, we struggled in many games the past two seasons, but eventually overcame the opposition due to better fitter players. We do not have that option this time round. If we go behind, we will likely remain so.

Sloppy performances will lead to dropped points and lost games.

I have no problem with losing games (generally) as long as the players are giving 100%. Some times shit just happens.

However it is a different matter when the players don't appear to care. That is unacceptable and always will be. Repeatedly this happened last season yet the same players featured game after game. Souness of Walter would have kicked the shit out of a lot of those players as soon as they left the park in the old days but Allys dressing down reminds me of the old quote "Like being savaged by a dead sheep"

The club is under fire from all directions, including friendly fire, and all of these issues need addressing, but I feel we could get a lot more onside if Ally was gone and we were moving forward under a new manager. I desperately wanted Ally to work out but its just not happening and we are foolish to put off the inevitable and let it cost us points in the new season.

I very much doubt he will see the end of this season still in the job. Possibly even by xmas.

I can only think we are too skint to pay them off.

We play some of the most boring football in the world.

Genuinely find it nearly impossible to watch a full game of ours on tv now without getting distracted and doing/watching something else. That sounds really sad but unfortunately that's how it is now.

(tu)

It's just not entertaining.

Not to big up the championship too much, but the better class of opposition should help this time round. I think it will make some of the passengers wake up and realise they need to start putting in a shift. They're used to scoring goals based on sheer volume of chances, but they'll need to get back in the habit of hard fought goals based on proper attacking football with solid passing and taking players on.

A man can dream.