21,000 ST Renewed (updated)

one55

So reduce expenditure in a tiny way targeting directors, and immediately spend the savings.

Yer a genius :lol:

Given most if the non renewals are down to the football, how will that bring them back.

A good strategy would be to sack Ally and the Rangers men and get a real management team in on a lot less.

That would be a proper saving which you missed while thinking up ways to spite directors by saving pennies.

There will be many more renewals before the season starts esp now the campaign is busted.

It will be closer to 25k at least by kickoff and the actual protestors have pledged to pay at the gate so we will be better funded.

The Rangers story goes on.

yeah divert our costs its very simple spend less on needless white and use it on what we need keeping our expenditure at manageable levels but making the product more attractive to customers.

Very simple

You just want to clutch at straws to try and prove SOS and co wrong while I would rather do what is needed to take rangers forward.

It would cost far more to sack mccoist than it would to start a scouting network.

You seem very sure 10000 new customers will suddenly appear when we can only attract 16000 from 39000 who usually go. Complete nonsense and dreaming to me. Also ignoring we need to sell more than 39000 not 27000. We are already £4m down a season with no footballing infrastructure that will not be fixed with 10000 new sales and a cash injection. Papering over the cracks will not cut it. We need to attract the majority of our season ticket buying support back.

Sorry forgot we have an infinite supply of fans willing and able to buy season tickets who don't care what shape the product they are buying is in making us the only club in the world who dont need to pander to its fans.

Its maronic thinking like that that is destroying our club.

As for buying at the gate I take it you are smart enough to realise that will take extra staff to handle and process causing further expense and what happens if weather gets bad in winter and a couple of games in a row are postponed? Do we just reach into our imaginary cash reserves to cover the month? Says it all when you would rather live on a financial knife edge than make steps towards fixing the problem even though those steps would give us a better football club with proper football infrastructure instead of being run like the shadow of a club we can be.

Most unrenewals are not down to football as nearly ever rangers group, website, supporters club and RSC have been vocally telling you for months now. The question you should ask yourself is why are you refusing to accept that and trying to come up with reasons that have not been muted by one single group of any note as being the reason.

My idea will bring fans back because they want a football club to love and one to love and dream about for the foreseeable future not just a quick short term boost.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some supporters need to wake up .this board have lost 20000 season ticket holders. You lot must have massive faith in what they are doing to be excusing that.More have not renewed than have.

Well done for releasing the number at least we know where we stand. Could have done with a little more meat to the story but its better than silence.

Time for the board to change their business plan before it destroys the club. Start cutting expenditure , get rid of company cars expense accounts and housing allowances for board members, remove the pr contract and reduce the 13 accountants down to a better number, and immediately spend the savings on scouting with a clear and proper missive covering how that scouting network shall work and what aims and goals it will be measured by. Announce a freeze on bonuses and let those who are not willing to work for it and put they're earnings along with the club go.

Can you confirm that you think the board are not cutting expenditure? Also please clarify who has a company car and housing allowance.

We would all no doubt love to hear how you set up a scouting network with no money and without someone in place with the required experience. How quickly can it be set up?

What 13 accountants?

Who are the people who are on a bonus?

I await your answers with interest.

Some supporters need to wake up .this board have lost 20000 season ticket holders. You lot must have massive faith in what they are doing to be excusing that.More have not renewed than have.

Well done for releasing the number at least we know where we stand. Could have done with a little more meat to the story but its better than silence.

Time for the board to change their business plan before it destroys the club. Start cutting expenditure , get rid of company cars expense accounts and housing allowances for board members, remove the pr contract and reduce the 13 accountants down to a better number, and immediately spend the savings on scouting with a clear and proper missive covering how that scouting network shall work and what aims and goals it will be measured by. Announce a freeze on bonuses and let those who are not willing to work for it and put they're earnings along with the club go.

Were you not complaining yesterday that we are spending far too little on the playing staff? Now you want to cut expenditure...?

So, tell me, how much would your expenditure cuts save? How much would the scouting system cost? How much will be left over to raise playing staff expenditure to a level you will deem acceptable?

Can you confirm that you think the board are not cutting expenditure? Also please clarify who has a company car and housing allowance.

We would all no doubt love to hear how you set up a scouting network with no money and without someone in place with the required experience. How quickly can it be set up?

What 13 accountants?

Who are the people who are on a bonus?

we utilise 13 separate accountants both in house and through consultancy contracts. We give car allowances(expenses) to all high ranking staff as part of contracts, we also hire several part time drivers who share between driving the younger squad buses and taking staff wherever they are going.

Scouting networks range in cost from 100k to over £3m. Have a look at the ESA survey on scouting and youth academies I posted on here a while back. First you must decide the type and main function. Networks do not always need to be paid networks. Detail and planning with strict guidelines can bring the same success as throwing money at it. We have the money available to hire a coo and CFO both on 6 figure salaries one of those wages could be used to hire 6 ian cathros to run it.

There are several of the most successful youth academies/scouting networks in europe running with budgets well under £500000 a year.

I can confirm I don't think the board are making the correct cuts in the correct places in big enough amounts. I can also confirm I don't give them the credit for the £2m in cuts that where done before they were in power but which they highlighted in the accounts.

You say no money so how can we be advertising for a chief operating officer and a chief commercial officer both with 6 figure salaries? Why couldn't that available income be used especially since a cco would not benefit the club since we get fuck all return on our deal with sports direct? Did we not only make £200k profit last year including 3 strip sales? Maybe one of the accountants on here can have a look again but pretty sure its already been covered on here.

Hope that helps with swing where I am coming from.

Scouting department IS required no denying that but in all seriousness if there's no money in place to add to the squad what exactly would they be scouting for?

Were you not complaining yesterday that we are spending far too little on the playing staff? Now you want to cut expenditure...?

So, tell me, how much would your expenditure cuts save? How much would the scouting system cost? How much will be left over to raise playing staff expenditure to a level you will deem acceptable?

what did I say about not spending enough on staff?

Are you referring to playing staff?

Personally would aim for a budget of £500,000 for scouting and hiring of staff to run this department the coming year with incremental rises year on year based on achievable criteria.

As for first team wage ratio I would raise to 55% making us competitive whilst lean and mean. I would close the charity foundation for the short term and reduce consultancy costs by removing pr contracts and by stopping high level bonuses. I would also reduce staff numbers in the shop by 30-40%. All in this would cover scouting budget and put us on the correct path first team wise. Obviously unless you are being obtuse the wage ratio would rise in increments along with turnover.

Most of all I would change the rethoric and the over all mentality at the club so it would become apparent that all revenue streams are for the benefit of the football side we create.

I would also urgently create guidelines/goals and aims for the academy side with full debate and planning with fan involvement. First thing first would be to poll on what is the main goal, find young talent to play first team with set numbers per year, or make a return on transfer fees paid with profit and loss the guideline, or do we do go the create sports people route like in Portugal that has brought great success and revenue. At a minimum this brings in fan participation and gives them something to sink they're teeth into with a light at the end of the tunnel to get excited about.

That could begin with minimum expense and immediate action.

When facility to enable credit card payments was removed that was going to have the biggest impact for sure, got mines in before it was removed thankfully.

17k is much better than what was reported and from renewals only I'm fairly content with that figure. I reckon by the start of the season we should be able to add another 10k onto that number at least.

we utilise 13 separate accountants both in house and through consultancy contracts. We give car allowances(expenses) to all high ranking staff as part of contracts, we also hire several part time drivers who share between driving the younger squad buses and taking staff wherever they are going.

Scouting networks range in cost from 100k to over £3m. Have a look at the ESA survey on scouting and youth academies I posted on here a while back. First you must decide the type and main function. Networks do not always need to be paid networks. Detail and planning with strict guidelines can bring the same success as throwing money at it. We have the money available to hire a coo and CFO both on 6 figure salaries one of those wages could be used to hire 6 ian cathros to run it.

There are several of the most successful youth academies/scouting networks in europe running with budgets well under £500000 a year.

I can confirm I don't think the board are making the correct cuts in the correct places in big enough amounts. I can also confirm I don't give them the credit for the £2m in cuts that where done before they were in power but which they highlighted in the accounts.

You say no money so how can we be advertising for a chief operating officer and a chief commercial officer both with 6 figure salaries? Why couldn't that available income be used especially since a cco would not benefit the club since we get fuck all return on our deal with sports direct? Did we not only make £200k profit last year including 3 strip sales? Maybe one of the accountants on here can have a look again but pretty sure its already been covered on here.

Hope that helps with swing where I am coming from.

No, you have failed to answer the questions I asked.

Personally would aim for a budget of £500,000 for scouting and hiring of staff to run this department the coming year with incremental rises year on year based on achievable criteria.

As for first team wage ratio I would raise to 55% making us competitive whilst lean and mean. I would close the charity foundation for the short term and reduce consultancy costs by removing pr contracts and by stopping high level bonuses. I would also reduce staff numbers in the shop by 30-40%. All in this would cover scouting budget and put us on the correct path first team wise. Obviously unless you are being obtuse the wage ratio would rise in increments along with turnover.

Most of all I would change the rethoric and the over all mentality at the club so it would become apparent that all revenue streams are for the benefit of the football side we create.

I would also urgently create guidelines/goals and aims for the academy side with full debate and planning with fan involvement. First thing first would be to poll on what is the main goal, find young talent to play first team with set numbers per year, or make a return on transfer fees paid with profit and loss the guideline, or do we do go the create sports people route like in Portugal that has brought great success and revenue. At a minimum this brings in fan participation and gives them something to sink they're teeth into with a light at the end of the tunnel to get excited about.

What a simple world you live in.

Please don't bother to answer my previous questions as I won't bother to read any more of your posts.

I am referring to playing staff, that's why every time I posted 'staff' I put the word 'playing' before it...

Similarly to JCD's, you haven't answered a single question I've asked.

Please don't bother to answer my previous questions as I won't bother to read any more of your posts.

so why can't we afford scouting then? When we can afford pre season trips abroad? How much did that cost? Could we not have copied hearts and stayed at home and used that available cash to start scouts?

The way we are running is not working. Fans will not financially support the building of financial revenue streams ahead of football expenditure, that is the simple world we live in. We must use the cash we have to support both equally with attention and finances devoted to the team at times of fan unrest. Very simple world you seem desperate to ignore

Could have been worse, i'm certainly not happy with this current board, whats the alternative ? Dave King? anyone heard from him lately? i'm convinced he is waiting on Admin to snap the club up at a bargain price, well ain't happening, is Dave King goin to set up a stall selling tickets to get into to Ibrox next season, Naw !

Iv'e been coming to Ibrox since 1970 i'm certainly not stopping now, we are the people not the board, not Dave king we're the fans who back our club better than any other , you can only fix things from the inside .

This is an extremely important season for the club, not a time for walking away , leave that to the other lot across the city in their boring league.

so why can't we afford scouting then? When we can afford pre season trips abroad? How much did that cost? Could we not have copied hearts and stayed at home and used that available cash to start scouts?

The way we are running is not working. Fans will not financially support the building of financial revenue streams ahead of football expenditure, that is the simple world we live in. We must use the cash we have to support both equally with attention and finances devoted to the team at times of fan unrest. Very simple world you seem desperate to ignore

We'll get paid to go to North America during preseason

Yep it's that easy..... Why didn't anyone think k of something like that before?